- Home »
- Brother Mfc j815dw Xl Printer
BROTHER MFC J815DW XL SETUP
The Brother Mfc j815dw xl printer uses inkjet technology to deliver the quality print output that you need. This printer comes with a 1.8inch TFT color LCD display that helps you to select the printer options easier and quicker. It supports the USB and Wireless LAN interfaces and offers some highlighting features like ADF, borderless printing, color/black scan output, scan to JPEG, scan to PDF, scan to TIFF, scan to PDF, and more. Follow the below procedures for Brother Mfc j815dw xl Setup.
What’s inside the product box?
- Brother MFC J815DW XL printer.
- Starter ink cartridges: black, yellow, cyan, and magenta.
- Quick setup and product safety guide.
- Brother installation disc.
- Telephone line cord.
Quick steps to set up the Brother MFC J815DW XL printer for the first time
- Unpack the product box.
- Make sure that the above-mentioned components are present inside the box.
- Clear all the packing tapes surrounding the printer.
- Take the paper tray completely out of your printer.
- Open the output paper tray of the printer.
- Load a stack of plain paper in the tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides and insert the tray back into the printer.
- Now, turn on your Brother printer.
- Open your printer’s cartridge cover.
- Unpack the cartridges.
- Install the unpacked ink cartridges into their slots and close the cover.
- When prompted, set the basic settings of your printer.
- If you wish to use your Brother MFC J815DW XL printer for the fax operation, then connect the telephone line cord between the printer and the telephone wall jack.
- Set the fax settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the printer’s hardware setup, you can connect it to the computer or mobile device of your desire.
- Use the installation disc or the downloaded Brother printer driver to install the printer on your computer.
- To install the Brother printer on your mobile device, use AirPrint, Mopria, or Brother iPrint & Scan. Finally, print a test page.
Brother Mfc j815dw Xl Driver Download
- Locate the Driver Download button provided on this page and click on it.
- Now, the web page will detect your current operating system and the Brother printer driver available for your OS will start to download.
- Once the Brother printer driver is downloaded, open it and begin the software installation on your computer.
Brother Mfc j815dw Xl Manual Download
- Download a soft copy of the printer’s user guide for Brother Mfc J815dw xl Setup from this page by clicking the Manual Download button.
- As soon as you click it, the manual will be downloaded as a PDF file.
Brother Mfc j815dw Xl Mac Driver
- Visit the Brother printer’s official support page.
- Search and select your Brother MFC J815DW XL printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- If required, choose your Mac OS from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of available printer drivers, locate the driver(s) that you wish to install on your Mac computer and click the Download button beside it.
Brother Mfc j815dw xl Wireless Setup
Connecting the Brother MFC J815DW XL printer to a wireless network – Windows
- Make sure that your Brother MFC J815DW XL printer is turned on and your computer is connected to the same wireless network to which the printer is to be connected.
- Open the printer driver on your computer.
- Choose your printer language, accept the license agreement, and click Next.
- On the Connection Type screen, choose the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option and click Next.
- When prompted, verify your wireless network settings.
- Now, the installer will try to detect your Brother printer.
- Select the printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the installer fails to detect your Brother printer, then manually enable the wireless connection on your printer.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the Wi-Fi button.
- Choose Setup Wizard and press OK > Forward arrow.
- Now, select your wireless network’s SSID and enter its password in the given field.
- Once your Brother printer is connected to the wireless network, return to the installation wizard and complete the remaining steps of the installation.
- Finally, try a test print to check whether the wireless setup is done correctly.
Brother Mfc j815dw xl Airprint
- Make sure that your Brother printer and iOS device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Now, open the document or page that you want to print on your iOS device.
- Tap the Share icon followed by Print.
- Choose your Brother printer if it is not selected.
- Set the print preferences as per your desire.
- Finally, tap the Print button.
Brother Mfc j815dw Xl Toner Reset
The Printer Brother Mfc j815dw xl Setup doesn’t have any toner.
Brother Mfc j815dw xl Troubleshooting
When an error message is displayed on your printer or computer screen, it indicates that something needs to be fixed on your printer. As a result, your printer will stop responding to the printer-related operations. Most of the printer errors can be resolved by performing basic solutions. Some basic solutions are discussed below.
- Restart your Brother printer.
- Make sure that the cables (USB and power) are connected securely.
- Check if the paper tray contains enough paper and the ink cartridges are installed properly. If not, load enough paper in the tray and install the cartridges properly.
- Look for any jammed paper or foreign particle in the printer’s tray or inside the printer. If you find any, remove them.
- Make sure that you’ve installed the correct and the latest version of the Brother printer driver on your computer.
- Check whether your smartphone or computer and the Brother MFC printer are connected to the same network connection.
If the basic solutions don’t resolve the printer issues, then perform the advanced methods to fix it. Based on the printer issue that you’re encountering, the advanced troubleshooting methods might vary. If the advanced methods don’t resolve the printer issues, then reset the printer settings to default as given here.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the Settings button.
- Choose the following options using the arrow buttons available on the printer’s control panel Initial Setup > Reset > All and press OK.
- Now, press the forward arrow button for 2 seconds to confirm the reset.
- Once the Brother printer restarts, check whether the issue is resolved. If not, contact our team for assistance. These are the setup instructions and troubleshooting techniques for Brother Mfc J815dw xl Setup.