BROTHER MFC J995DW XL SETUP – GUIDELINES
The Brother MFC J995DW XL printer comes with an all-in-one technology that can be the right choice, be it for your home or office use. The printer has some re-engineered ink cartridges that come with an internal storage tank, which helps in giving out uninterrupted printing for up to 1 year. Speaking about the printing speed, the printer can print ten pages per minute for both black and color. The photo printing time takes 49 seconds. The printer supports duplex printing with a tray capacity of 150 sheets. To begin the setup, unpack the Brother MFC J995DW XL Setup printer from the carton. The accessories provided with the printer are:
- The Brother Installation CD
- Ink Cartridges
- Quick Setup and Installation Guide
- A Telephone cord
- Remove all the packing tapes and materials from the printer.
- Open the front paper tray from the printer and open the output tray cover.
- Move the paper guides to the sides of the tray.
- Take a stack of paper and place it inside. Bring the paper guides to the edges of the paper.
- Close the output tray cover and push the paper tray back into the body of the Brother printer.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging. Connect it to the main power source and to the Brother printer.
- Adjust the control panel according to your liking.
- Open the ink cartridge cover on the right side of the control panel, then unpack the ink cartridge from the cover.
- Gently shake the cartridge 10-15 times and then insert it into the printer.
- Repeat the same steps to install the other ink cartridges.
- Press the Power button on the printer.
- Set the date and time on the control panel.
- Press the Settings option, select All Settings > Initial Setup > Local Language. Select your language and press the Home button.
- Place the Brother installation CD into the CD drive of the computer or download the product software from this page.
- Run the installer, follow the on-screen commands, and choose the desired connection for the printer.
- Complete the Brother MFC J995DW XL Setup.
Brother MFC J995DW XL Driver Download
- You can download the driver for the Brother MFC J995DW XL printer from this page
- Click the Download button (For Windows or Mac). Once the click is made, the browser will start the download immediately.
- However, if you wish to download the driver from the Brother Support page, the steps are as follows.
- Open the Brother Support page for MFC J995DW XL in your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left.
- Select the OS Family and the OS version. Then click the OK button.
- Click the driver you want to have on your computer.
- Agree to the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
- The download will be complete.
Brother MFC J995DW XL Driver Mac
- You can download the driver for your Mac OS from this page.
- Click the Download for Mac button and the driver will be downloaded.
- You can also download the driver from the Brother support page.
Driver Installation Steps
- Once you have the driver downloaded from this or from the Brother support page, you can start the installation.
- Perform a double-click on the driver installer.
- Follow the on-screen commands.
- When the connection screen appears, you will be asked to select the required connection and follow the on-screen instructions.
Brother MFC J995DW XL Manual Download
- You can choose to download the manual for your printer from this very page.
- As soon as you click on the Manual Download button, the PDF will be downloaded to your computer.
- The alternative way to download the manual is from the Brother MFC J995DW XL Setup support page.
- Open the support page for the printer.
- Click on the Manuals tab on the left side of the page.
- On the right pane of the page, you will find the User’s Guide and Setup Guide.
- Choose the manual you want and then click the Download button.
Brother MFC J995DW XL Wireless Setup
- To connect the Brother MFC J995DW XL printer to your wireless network, you can use the WPS method. This method can only be used if your router has a WPS button. Before you proceed, configure the printer.
- Press the Settings option.
- Select All Settings > Network > WLAN and then finally select WPS.
- When the printer LCD shows the message, Enable WLAN?, press Yes.
- The wireless setup wizard will begin.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router and then press OK on the Brother MFC J995DW XL printer.
- The configuration will now take place. Once the connection is secure, you will read the message Connected.
Wireless Setup By PIN Method
- The PIN method is one more way of connecting the Brother MFC J995DW XL setup to the wireless network. This method can be followed if you do not have a WPS enabled router.
- Select the Settings on the Brother printer.
- Select the following options, All Settings > Network > WLAN > WPS w/ PIN code.
- The Brother printer LCD will now display an 8-digit pin.
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Enter your router’s IP address.
- Navigate to the WPS settings page and then enter the 8-digit pin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the wireless setup.
Brother MFC J995DW XL Airprint Setup
- If you are using a Mac device to print, you need to add the Brother printer to the computer.
- These steps are to be performed on a Mac computer.
- Select the Apple icon and select the System Preferences option.
- Select the option Printers & Scanners.
- On the left section, click the + icon and add the Brother MFC J995DW XL printer.
- Select the AirPrint option from the Use pop-up menu.
- Click the Add button.
- Now that that Brother printer is added, you can start the AirPrint method.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Press the Share button.
- Select the Brother printer from the list.
- Select Print.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J995DW XL
- Place the original document on the Brother MDC J995DW XL printer.
- Press the Scan button on the printer.
- Press the Up or Down arrow button to select [to PC], press the OK button.
- Next, select the option [to Image] and press the OK button.
- Since we have the Brother printer connected to the network, press the Up or Down arrow button to select the computer and press the OK button.
- Press the Black Start or the Color Start button to start the scan.
Printer Reset – Steps
- Press the Settings option on the Brother printer.
- Press the Up or Down arrow button and select the option Initial Setup, then press the OK button.
- Select the Reset option, then press the OK button.
- Now press and hold on the right arrow button for not more than 2 seconds to confirm.
- The Printer, Brother MFC J995DW setup will now restart.
Brother MFC-J995DW XL Troubleshooting
There can be many issues that you will face on your Brother MFC J995DW XL printer. Some of the problems are related to scanning, printing, paper jams, copy, scan, and error messages.
- Make sure you have the Brother printer connected to the power source and to the computer properly.
- If your printer has a USB cable connection, always ensure to have the cable connected firmly between the computer and the printer.
- Make sure to check the wireless connection. Remove any other electronic devices that can cause disruptions to the signal.
- Make sure that the Brother printer does not go offline.
- If you see any paper jam error messages, remove the jammed paper and restart printing.
For more assistance in Brother MFC J995DW XL Setup troubleshooting, click the CALL button provided here.