BROTHER MFC L2685DW SETUP – GUIDELINES
Brother MFC L2685DW is an All-in-One printer that supports wireless connectivity and so you can connect any wireless device to it. This printer also supports duplex printing for double-sided documents. Follow the below steps for Brother Mfc L2685dw Setup.
- You have to unpack the printer first and then take out the box contents.
- Next, remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Open the front cover and take out the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Remove the orange part from the toner cartridge and fix the toner into the drum unit.
- Fix the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into the printer and pull the paper input tray entirely out.
- Fan a stack of plain paper and load it into the paper input tray.
- Adjust the loaded paper stack with the paper width guides and insert the paper input tray into the printer.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and press thePower button to turn on the printer.
- Set your basic preferences such as language, country, date, and time on the printer’s LCD panel.
- Press the OK button and install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM.
- If it doesn’t support your computer, download the printer driver and run the installer file to complete the printer setup.
- After installing the printer driver, verify the printer functionality by accessing it from your computer.
Brother MFC L2685DW Driver Download
- A printer driver is a software responsible for the printing operation carried out remotely from your computer.
- Usually, the printer driver is available on the CD-ROM provided with the printer during the purchase.
- If you don’t have access to your printer’s CD-ROM, download the printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. However, you can also download it directly from the official Brother site.
- Do not connect the printer until prompted by the driver installation wizard.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select your printer in the search result and go to the driver download page.
- Choose your OS and its version from the given options and click the OK button.
- Select the required printer driver from the displayed list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to complete the driver download for Brother Mfc L2685dw setup.
Brother MFC L2685DW Driver Mac
- On your Mac, close all the running programs and ensure that you have a stable Internet connection.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Choose your printer model in the search result and select the option that directs you to the driver download page.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your macOS and its version.
- Click the OK button and select the required printer driver from the displayed list.
- Finally, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to download the printer driver on your Mac.
Brother MFC L2685DW Manual Download
- You can download the manual for Brother MFC L2685DW by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. However, you can also get it directly from the official Brother site.
- Visit the official site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click Search and choose your printer model in the search result.
- Select the option that directs you to the manual download page and choose your language from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Download button next to User’s Guide and complete the download.
Brother MFC L2685DW Wireless Setup
- Before starting, identify the wireless network settings such as SSID and network key from your router’s label.
- Ensure that you have placed the printer close to your router.
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Menu button.
- Select the Network option followed by WLAN using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose the Setup Wizard option and press the OK button.
- Now, the wireless setup wizard will be started.
- Once your printer detects and displays the nearby wireless networks, choose your SSID from the displayed list.
- Enter your network key and press the OK button.
- You will see the Connected message when the printer is connected to your wireless network.
- Next, connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and double-click the setup file to run the driver installation.
- If your PC doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the driver for your Brother Mfc L2685dw Setup from the official Brother site.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and verify the wireless connection between your printer and the computer by printing a test page.
Brother MFC L2685DW Airprint Setup
- AirPrint is a unique printing feature that allows you to print documents or webpages wirelessly from an iOS device to the printer.
- Before you begin the AirPrint setup for your Brother MFC L2685DW printer, connect the iOS device and the printer over the same wireless network.
- Turn on your printer and load some plain paper into the paper input tray.
- On your iPhone, open the document or webpage you wish to print.
- Tap the Share or Action icon and select the Print option.
- Next, tap the Select Printer button to choose your printer’s name.
- After selecting the required print settings, tap the Print button.
- You have now completed the AirPrint setup for your Brother printer.
Brother MFC L2685DW Scan To Email
Using the Brother ControlCenter4 utility:
- The Scan to Email feature is not supported for webmail services. So, make sure you have set up a desktop email client. Also, you don’t have the option to scan to an email from the printer control panel. Now let’s see the steps to scan a document to your email using the Brother ControlCenter 4 utility.
- Connect your Brother printer to your Windows computer.
- Next, turn on your printer and place the original document you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and select All Programs —> Brother —> Brother Utilities.
- In the ConrtolCenter4 window, choose your printer’s name from the Model drop-down menu.
- Click the Scan tab and choose your document type.
- If necessary, change the size of your document.
- Click Scan to scan your original and wait for the scanned image to appear in the image viewer.
- After previewing your scanned image, click the Send E-mail button from the right-side panel.
- In the Send E-mail dialog box, configure the scanned file settings and click the OK button.
- Now, the default email application on your computer will be opened with the scanned image attached to a new email message.
Brother MFC L2685DW Troubleshooting
Is your Brother MFC L2685DW setup malfunctioning frequently? There might be issues with the printer settings. It is suggested to clear the printer error to continue printing. We have provided the troubleshooting steps for a few printer issues in the remaining sections. For further assistance, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button on this page.
Brother MFC L2685DW Won’t Print
- If your Brother MFC L2685DW printer is not printing any documents, check if it is turned on.
- Verify that you have plugged the USB cable firmly into the USB port.
- If you have connected the devices wirelessly, check the Wi-Fi connection status.
- Ensure that no error is displayed on the LCD panel. Check for any jammed paper inside the printer. If so, remove it gently without damaging the internal parts.
- Also, check whether you have installed the printer driver on your computer.
- If everything seems to be fine, open the print application and print a test page to check if the problem has been resolved.
- If you cannot print the test page, check the print settings in the printer driver.
- If necessary, restart the Print Spooler service and reinstall the printer driver.
Brother MFC L2685DW Won’t Scan
- Scanning issues are common in Brother MFC model printers.
- Make sure to place the original document on the scanner glass before scanning.
- Verify the communication between your printer and the computer.
- Check whether your scanner is being blocked by any firewall or antivirus software on your computer.
- Verify that your scanner is assigned an IP address. To make this check, launch the Brother ControlCenter 4 utility and click Scan in the left-side panel.
- Next, click the Scanners and Cameras tab and open the Properties menu of your scanner.
- In the Network Scanner Properties dialog box, go to the Network Setting tab and confirm the scanner IP address.
- If the scan issue persists on Brother Mfc L2685DW setup, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.