- Home »
- Brother Mfc L2713dw Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC L2713DW SETUP
Brother MFC-L2713DW is a multi-functional printer that is designed to meet all your printing, scanning, copying, and faxing needs. Its setup process is easy to perform. Begin with unpacking the printer if you haven’t unpacked it yet. After unpacking your printer, install the drum unit & toner cartridge and load paper into the printer. Turn on the printer. Finally, connect the printer to your computer or smartphone to complete the setup process.
Scroll down this page to know the Brother MFC L2713DW setup process in detail.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Simple and easy steps to unpack and set up your Brother MFC-L2713DW printer
- Initially, remove all the packing tapes, cardboard pieces, and other materials present inside and outside the printer.
- Next, take the toner cartridge & drum unit assembly out of its package.
- Open your Brother printer’s front cover.
- Before installing the toner cartridge & drum unit assembly, make sure to remove the orange part from it.
- Install the assembly carefully into the printer.
- Close the front door.
- Pull out the paper tray.
- Align the width guides of the tray based on the paper type you’re loading.
- Now, load a stack of paper into the tray.
- If necessary, adjust the guides properly.
- Push in the paper tray towards the printer.
- Now, turn on the printer and configure its basic settings.
- After configuring the settings, connect the printer to your computer or smartphone as per your preferences.
- For computer: Run the Brother MFC-L2713DW printer driver file on your computer. Choose the connection type and additional software when prompted during the driver installation. Install the software to complete the printer setup.
- For smartphone: Install the Brother iPrint & Scan app on your Android or iOS phone. Connect your printer to the smartphone by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- Go to the Brother MFC-L2713DW printer’s official support page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your OS type correctly (if necessary).
- Select the printer software that you need and click the button named “Agree to EULA and Download.” Now, the selected software will start to download.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
The Full Driver & Software Package contains all the available drivers and software for the Brother MFC-L2713DW printer. To download this full software package for your Windows computer, refer to the instructions given under the Brother MFC-L2713DW driver download section of this page.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW DRIVER FOR MAC
The Brother MFC-L2713DW printer drivers and utilities available for Mac are listed below:
- Wireless Setup Wizard
- iPrint & Scan Push Scan Tool
- Firmware Update Tool
BROTHER MFC L2713DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On the official support page of the Brother MFC-L2713DW printer, click on the Manuals button.
- Now, select the user guide, setup guide, or additional feature guide from the list and click on the Download button beside it.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW WIRELESS SETUP
You can use the WPS method or the printer’s control panel to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network. The below section explains how to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network using its control panel.
Before beginning the wireless setup, ensure the following:
- The printer and your wireless router are ready for the Wi-Fi setup.
- You have your wireless network’s credentials.
Connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network
- Turn on your Brother MFC-L2713DW printer, wireless router, and computer if they are turned off.
- Now, on your printer’s control panel, press the Menu button.
- Select Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard > Yes.
- As soon as your printer displays the available network SSIDs, select yours and press the OK button.
- In the prompted field, type the selected network’s security key and press OK.
- After connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network successfully, connect the computer or smartphone to the same network.
- Run the setup file on your computer or install the HP Smart app on your smartphone to finish the Wi-Fi setup.
- After finishing the Wi-Fi setup, print a test page to check whether or not the wireless configuration is done correctly.
Printing a test page (Windows)
- On your Windows computer’s Devices and Printers screen, select and right-click on the Brother MFC-L2713DW printer.
- Click Properties > General > Print a test page.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW TONER REPLACEMENT
- Initially, ensure that your Brother printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Next, gently open the front cover of the printer.
- Take the toner cartridge & drum unit assembly out of the printer.
- Remove the damaged or empty toner cartridge from the assembly.
- Now, get the replacement cartridge and unpack it.
- Install the unpacked toner cartridge into the assembly.
- Place the assembly in its slot and close your printer’s front cover.
- Now, print a test page to check the quality of the toner.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW SCAN SETUP
Scanning using the printer’s control panel
- Make sure that your Brother printer’s initial hardware setup is completed.
- Next, install the necessary scanner driver of the printer on your computer if you haven’t installed it yet.
- Get the original that you want to scan.
- For a single page of the document: If you want to scan only one page of the document, place it on the scanner glass.
- For more than one or two pages of the document: Load the document pages that you want to scan in order into the ADF of your printer.
Scan to computer & Scan to Email Attachment
Connect your Brother printer and the computer to the same network if they are connected to a separate network. When configuring the scan settings, select Scan > Scan to PC or Scan > Scan to PC > Email Attachment as per your need.
Scan to FTP Profile
Go to your printer’s web-based management page. Click Scan > Scan to FTP/Network > FTP. Configure the FTP profile settings and click Submit.
Scanning from your computer
Install the ControlCenter4 Home or Advanced Mode (Windows) or the Brother iPrint & Scan (Mac) or TWAIN-Compliant Application (Mac) on your computer. When scanning a document, open the scanner application that you have installed on your computer and configure the settings as per your needs.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW FAX SETUP
- Connect your Brother MFC-L2713DW printer to the telephone line outlet using the phone cord.
- Now, press the Fax button followed by Options.
- Configure the fax settings, such as resolution, contrast, glass scan size, delayed fax, real-time TX, Coverpage, etc., as per your preferences and save them.
- After configuring the fax settings, send a test fax to check whether or not the configured settings are working.
- To do so, place a document page on the scanner glass.
- Initiate the Fax operation by pressing the Fax button.
- Enter the receiver’s fax number and other asked details in the given fields.
- Press Start.
- Now, your Brother printer will scan and send the document to the entered fax address.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW TROUBLESHOOT
Scroll down this page to know how to resolve the Brother MFC-L2713DW printer issues, such as offline, reset drum error, paper jam, etc. Click the Call Us or Call button provided on this page to get advanced technical support in resolving the same or other issues of your printer.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW PRINTER OFFLINE
- Initially, try to resolve the offline error by performing the basic troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Turning on the printer if it is turned off
- Connecting your printer and the computer
- Installing the latest version of the Brother printer driver on your computer if you have installed the incompatible one
- In case the basic instructions don’t fix the issue, perform the advanced methods given below.
- If you haven’t configured your printer as the default one, configure it and then print a test page.
- Similarly, if the Use Printer Offline option is enabled on your Windows computer, disable it.
- Reinstall the Brother printer driver if necessary.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW WON’T TURN ON
- Connect the Brother printer’s power cord to an active power outlet if necessary.
- If the cord is not connected securely, then unplug and reconnect it properly.
- Avoid using the surge protector for connectivity.
- Check if the cord is damaged. If yes, replace it.
- If your Brother printer is not turning on even after performing the above instructions, then your printer’s hardware might be damaged. In this case, repair the printer to fix the issue.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW RESET DRUM ERROR
After installing a new drum unit on your printer, you have to reset its counter. In case you have failed to do it, the “reset drum” error will occur when you’re using the printer. To clear this error, follow the simple instructions given below.
- Initially, make sure that your Brother printer is turned on, and its front cover is closed.
- Next, locate the OK and UP buttons on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, hold down both the buttons at the same time.
- When the installed drum name is displayed on the screen, select it by pressing the OK button.
- Initiate the reset process by pressing the Up button on your printer’s control panel.
BROTHER MFC L2713DW PAPER JAM
Usually, a paper can jam in the following parts of your Brother printer:
- Paper tray
- MP tray
- Output paper tray
- Back of the printer
- Inside the printer
- 2-sided tray
So, as soon as the paper jam message is displayed on your printer screen, look for the jammed paper in the above-mentioned parts. During the search, if you find any jammed papers, remove them and resume the print operation.
To know more about how to resolve the Paper Jam error on your Brother MFC L2713DW setup, contact us.