- Home »
- Brother Mfc L2730dw Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC L2730DW SETUP
Brother MFC-L2730DW is a compact monochrome laser printer with duplex printing, color scanning, and wireless networking features. This printer also has a color touchscreen panel for the best user experience. If you are looking forward for Brother MFC L2730DW Setup for the first time, go through the steps given on this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the Brother MFC-L2730DW printer setup, carry out the steps given below.
Let’s unbox the printer:
- Take out the printer from the package.
- Check the printer components.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the outside of the printer.
- Open the front door and take out the drum unit from the printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Remove the orange packing materials from the cartridge.
- Refix the cartridge into the drum unit.
- Put the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the printer.
Feed your printer with paper:
You should load your printer with plain paper for quality printouts.
- To begin with, take out the paper input tray from the printer.
- Adjust the paper guides according to the paper size you are going to load.
- Fan the paper stack and load it into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Make sure not to load the paper more than the specified limit.
- Refix the tray into the printer.
Configuring the basic preferences:
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the provided power cord.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Go to the touchscreen control panel.
- Press the Settings button and select the All Settings option.
- Touch Initial Setup –> Local Language.
- Choose your language from the LCD and press the Home button.
- Connect your Brother printer to a telephone wall jack using the provided telephone line cord.
- Tap Settings on the touchscreen LCD.
- Select All Settings –> Initial Setup –> Date & Time.
- Set the station ID and your name.
- Configure the required fax settings and proceed to install the printer driver.
- Insert the Brother installation disc into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive.
- Accept the license agreements and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose your connection type from the following options.
- Wireless network connection
- Wired network connection
- USB connection
- Establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Finish the driver installation by following the rest of the instructions in the setup wizard.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can download the Brother MFC-L2730DW printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver for your printer from the official Brother site. Make sure you identify your OS version before downloading the driver from the official Brother site.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Remove any previously installed Brother printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable on your computer.
Downloading the driver:
- Open the default browser first and go to the official Brother site.
- Click Support –> Support Center.
- Type ‘Brother MFC-L2730DW’ in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search result and click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- On the next page, choose your Windows OS version if it is not detected automatically.
- Click OK and choose the required driver from the available list.
- If prompted, click Agree to the EULA and Download button to get the driver on your Windows computer.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW DRIVER FOR MAC
You can download the driver for your Mac from the official Brother site by following the steps given below.
- Start by launching the default browser on your Mac.
- Go to the official Brother site and click the Support tab.
- Click on Support Center. This will direct you to the printer support page.
- Enter ‘Brother MFC-L2730DW’ in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Under Downloads & Drivers, click the link that directs you to the Downloads page.
- In the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your macOS version and click OK.
- Select the required driver from the available list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
You can access the downloaded driver file from the Downloads section of your browser.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
You can download the Brother MFC-L2730DW printer manual by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Brother site by following the steps below.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Visit the official Brother site and click the Support tab.
- Select the Support Center option from the available list.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link below Manuals.
- If necessary, choose your desired language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Choose the required manual from the available list and click the Download button.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to download the manual on your computer.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW WIRELESS SETUP
Wireless setup using the WPS Push Button method:
- Before starting, ensure that your router supports WPS.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Go to your printer control panel and select the Network option using the navigation keys.
- Press the OK button and choose the WLAN option.
- Press the OK button and select the WPS option.
- When the printer LCD shows the ‘WLAN Enable?’ message, start the wireless setup wizard.
- Go to your router and press the WPS button. Hold the button until all the LEDs on your router flash.
- Wait for your printer to connect to your wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, the LCD will show the ‘Connected’ message.
Connecting your printer and computer:
- Once you have connected your printer to your wireless network, go to your computer and connect it to the same network.
- Run the driver installation using the provided Brother installation disc or the downloaded driver package.
- Accept the license agreements and install the required software.
- Choose the Wireless network connection option as your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and establish the wireless connection between your printer and computer.
- After installing the driver, verify the wireless connection by printing a test page.
You have now completed the wireless setup for your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW TONER REPLACEMENT
If your printer is running out of ink, replace the toner cartridge. For instructions, continue reading this page.
- With the printer turned on, open the front door first.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the printer.
- Push the green lock lever to release the toner cartridge.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover from the new cartridge.
- Put the new toner cartridge into the drum unit.
- Remember to clean the corona wire inside the drum unit.
- Refix the drum unit assembly into the printer and close the front cover.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW SCAN SETUP
As your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer supports scanning, you can use the following scanning features.
- Scan to Computer
- Scan to Email Attachment
- Scan to Network
- Scan to FTP
- To begin with, turn on your printer.
- Connect your printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- If necessary, you can also connect your devices over a wireless network.
Here we have given a few steps to scan an image to your PC using the control panel buttons.
- Place the original document on the scanner glass or insert it into the ADF.
- Ensure that you have installed the Brother printer driver on your computer.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Scan button.
- Select the to PC option.
- Tap the to Image button and choose your computer’s name from the available list.
- To scan your image with default scan settings, press the Start button.
- If you wish to change the scan settings, tap the Options button and specify the required scan settings.
- Finally, tap OK and press the Start button to scan your original document and save it as an image on your computer.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW FAX SETUP
- If you wish to perform the fax setup for your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer, prepare the telephone line cord first.
- Connect the provided telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port.
- Next, connect the other end of the telephone line cord to a telephone wall jack.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and ensure that the time and date settings are correct.
- Tap the Settings icon and proceed to set the station ID.
- Select All Settings –> Initial Setup –> Station ID.
- Enter your fax number and your name.
- Connect your printer to your wireless network.
- Set the receiver mode and place the original document you wish to fax on the scanner glass.
- Try to send a test fax to verify the fax setup.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW TROUBLESHOOTING
Is your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer not working as expected? A situation like this can happen when the printer is subjected to an error. Check the printer LCD for error messages. It will help you identify the actual cause of the printer issue. To troubleshoot your printer issues further, continue reading this page.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW PRINTER OFFLINE
If your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer status is offline on your Windows computer, bring it back online by following these steps.
- First, check if the printer is turned on.
- Check the power cord of your printer.
- Restart your printer and check the USB cable connected between the devices. The USB cable should be firmly connected at both end ports.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the wireless connection status.
- To fix the network connection issues automatically, run the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool.
- If the status is still offline, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Once again, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
This should bring your printer status back online.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW WON’T TURN ON
- When your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer is not turning on, check the power cord connected to it.
- Restart your printer after connecting the power cord firmly to the printer and the wall outlet.
- If you find that the power cord is faulty, replace it.
- In case the problem is with the wall outlet, connect your printer to a different electrical outlet.
- When the above troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issue, power cycle the printer.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW RESET DRUM ERROR
If you have replaced the drum unit on your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer, you should reset the drum unit counter. Otherwise, you will get the drum error.
- To reset the drum unit counter, close the front cover of your printer.
- Press the Cancel button.
- Next, touch and hold down the Toner button for at least five seconds.
- Select the Drum option and tap Yes to confirm your action.
- Press the Home button to return to the main menu.
BROTHER MFC L2730DW PAPER JAM
- If your Brother MFC-L2730DW printer shows the ‘Paper Jam’ error on the LCD, stop printing, and turn off your printer.
- Wait for a few minutes to let the printer cool down.
- Open the front door and identify the jammed paper.
- Remove the paper gently from the printer.
- Check for any paper bits inside your printer and remove them.
- Restart your printer and retry to print your document.
- If the paper jam error reappears, identify the jammed location and remove the paper from your printer.
How do you prevent paper jams in the future?
- Use only printer-supported media for printing.
- Always fan the paper stack before you load it into the paper tray.
- Remember not to load the paper more than the specified limit.
- Make sure not to adjust the paper stack tightly with the paper guides.
We believe that this article has assisted you with the Brother MFC L2730DW Setup. In case you have doubts, you can message or call our well-trained technicians to clear all your doubts.