- Home »
- Brother MFC L2740DW
Brother MFC L2740DW Setup
Brother MFC L2740DW is an All-In-One monochrome laser printer that is suitable for home and office. It offers easy connectivity with high-quality printing. The auto two-sided printing feature saves paper, and auto-duplex scanning saves time. The printer has an easy-to-use interface with a 2.7″ touchscreen display. The printer has the 4-in-1 functionality that includes print, copy, scan, and fax. The print and copy speed of the printer is up to 3 pages per minute. The Brother printer has the AirPrint feature enabled, which makes it easy to print from any iOS device. The printer also supports Google Cloud Print and can print wirelessly over a network.
Carry out the steps given below the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Take out the Brother printer from the package.
- Remove the packing materials from the outside of the printer, which includes tapes, protective films, and plastic covers.
- The printer accessories included in the printer package consist of the following.
- AC Power cord
- Drum Unit (pre-installed)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Installation disc
- Inbox Toner Cartridge
- Telephone line cord
- Product Safety Guide
- Basic User’s Guide
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Lower the ink cartridge door and take out the orange packing restraint.
- Unpack the toner cartridge and dispose of the packing material.
- Remove the drum unit and insert the toner cartridge into it. Press the cartridge unit down until it clicks to place.
- Now, insert the drum unit with the toner cartridge into the printer and close the ink cartridge door.
- Follow these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Step 3: Loading Paper
- Pull out the paper input tray at the bottom of the printer.
- Slide the paper guides to the ends of the tray.
- Fan a stack of paper before loading them, to avoid paper jams.
- Now, load the paper stack into the input paper tray. Place the printing surface of the paper stack facing down.
- Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Slide the paper guides to the edges of the paper such that they do not fold the paper.
- Insert the input paper tray into the printer and raise the paper support flap.
Step 4: Connecting the power cord and initial settings
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer on the right port. Then, plug the other end of the power cord into an AC outlet.
- Tap the Power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Touch the Settings icon on the touchscreen and select Initial Settings.
- Select the Initial Setup tab and touch Local language. Now, select your language from the displayed list.
- Set the correct date and time and press the OK button.
- Using these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- After setting up your printer, install the printer software to connect it to your computer.
- You can choose the type of connection when prompted. The available options are wireless connection, USB connection, and wired connection.
- To print from your mobile device, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- You can also print directly from any iOS devices by connecting the printer and your device to the same wireless network.
- After installing the software, print the network configuration sheet to view the network settings.
Brother MFC L2740DW Driver Download
If you don’t have the installation disc, you can download the driver online. Proceed with the steps that are given below to download the driver.
- Open your browser and go to the official Brother website.
- Navigate to the Support page by choosing your region.
- Enter the Printer model number in the Product Search section.
- Select the Downloads tab on the printer’s page.
- Choose your operating system and its version. Then, select the required driver.
- The Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended driver to get the full functions of the printer.
- Otherwise, click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
- By utilizing these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Brother MFC L2740DW Driver Mac
If you want to install the driver on your Mac computer, consider the steps that are given below to install the driver.
- You can download the driver from the official Brother website.
- Open the downloaded file and double-click on the installer file.
- Click the Start Here Mac icon and select Open to start the installation.
- Click Next in the Start Here Mac window to agree with the license agreement.
- Choose the connection type when prompted and click Next.
- Continue to install the driver by following the instructions displayed on the installation wizard.
Brother MFC L2740DW Manual
Don’t have the user manual with you? Consider the guidelines given below to download the manual.
- Go to the official Brother website from your web browser.
- Navigate to the Support page and choose your printer model from Product Category.
- When you are on the printer’s page, click the Manuals tab and choose the required manual. Then, click on the Download button.
- For product setup, download the Quick Setup Guide. Otherwise, download the User Guide by clicking the download button beside it.
- You can also click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
- By following these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Brother Mfc l2740dw Network Setup
If you are connecting the Brother printer to a network, proceed with the steps that are given below to set up the printer.
- Configure your wireless router and keep the router turned on throughout the setup process.
- Note down the network credentials of your wireless network before starting the connection.
- Turn on Wi-Fi from your computer and get connected to your wireless network.
- Install the printer software on your computer. You can either install it from the installation disc or download the software from the official Brother website.
- Run the installer file to begin the installation.
- When prompted for the User Account Control access, click Yes.
- Choose your local language from the drop-down list and click Next.
- Select the I accept option to agree with the license agreement.
- When prompted to choose the connection type, select the Wireless Connection Method option.
- When the Detecting Wireless Network Settings window appears, verify your network name, and select the “Yes, I want to connect the machine to this wireless network” option.Then, click Next.
- If your printer doesn’t show up on the screen, connect the printer to your network from the control panel.
- You can also use a temporary USB cable to connect the printer to your wireless network. Then, disconnect it once the setup is complete.
- If you don’t have a USB cable, go to the control panel of the printer and touch the Wi-Fi icon.
- Select the Setup Wizard tab and tap Yes.
- Choose your network name from the displayed list and enter the network’s password using the touchscreen keypad.
- Once the printer is connected to the network, complete the software installation by following the instructions on the screen.
- Perform these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Brother Mfc l2740dw Fax Setup
To set up Fax on the printer, consider the steps that are given below.
- Locate the line jack on the rear side of the printer and plug in the telephone line cord.
- Connect the other end of the telephone line cord to a marginal wall jack.
- Turn on the printer and tap the Settings icon on the touchscreen.
- Select All Settings and go to the Initial Setup section. Following that, select the Station ID section.
- Tap the Fax option and enter the Fax number using the touchscreen keypad.
- Select Tel and enter your telephone number. Then, tap Name and enter your name.
- You have now set up Fax successfully on the printer.
Brother Mfc l2740dw Fax To Email
For Brother MFC L2740 Fax to email, proceed with the steps given below.
- Launch your browser and type the IP address of your printer in the address bar.
- Select the Fax tab and click Remote Fax Options.
- In the Fwd section, choose the Fax Forward option from the drop-down list.
- Select the E-mail address option in the Fax Forward section and type your email address.
- Choose the File type and click Submit. Now, you will start receiving fax on your email.
- Proceed these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Brother Mfc l2740dw Scanner Setup
Proceed with the steps that are given below to scan from the control panel of the Brother printer.
- Load the document you want to scan on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down.
- If you want to scan multiple pages, place the document facing up in the ADF feeder.
- Touch the Scan option on the touchscreen of the printer.
- Select a scan mode to save the scan. Tap the “To File” icon to save the document to a folder on your computer.
- Choose your computer from the displayed list.
- You can set the required scanning preferences from Options.
- Once you have made the changes, press the Start option.
- The scanned document will be saved to a folder on your computer.
- Use the following steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.
Brother Mfc l2740dw Scan To Email
To scan to email, you can follow the steps given below.
- Load the document you want to scan on the scanner glass or ADF feeder.
- Go to the Start menu and select All Programs. Then, open Brother Utilities.
- Select the Scan tab and select ControlCenter4.
- Click the Scan option and select E-mail.
- You can change the scan settings if needed.
- Now, click on the Scan button.
- Once the scan is complete, you can send the scanned document by entering the email address.
- The scanned document will be attached to the email message.
Brother Mfc l2740dw Not Printing
If you can’t print, carry out the solutions given below to start printing again on the Brother printer.
- Check if you have removed any printer parts.
- If you see any error on the printer LCD, continue with the instructions on the screen to resolve the issue.
- Examine all the interface cables connecting the printer, whether they are fixed firmly.
- If there is an issue with the driver, install the latest version of the software from the official Brother website.
- Replace the toner cartridge if you have run out of ink.
- Check if the printer status is offline or paused.
- Open the Control Panel window and select Hardware and Sound. Then, click Devices and Printers.
- By using these steps to configure the Brother MFC L2740DW setup.