- Home »
- Brother Mfc l5700dw Setup
BROTHER MFC L5700DW SETUP
The Brother MFC L5700DW printer is a multifunctional machine that is designed to satisfy all your micro office and small workgroup needs. It is inexpensive and almost enough to serve as a relatively high-volume personal machine. The main drawback of this Brother printer is that even if it has an ADF, it doesn’t support the auto-duplexing feature. The size of the MFC L5700DW printer is a bit big, and its control panel consists of a 3.7-inch customizable touch screen. You can also hide the number pad on this printer if you wish.Follow the below steps for Brother Mfc L5700dw Setup.
Inside the product box
- Drum unit and toner cartridge assembly (pre-installed)
- AC power cord
- Quick Setup guide
- Telephone Line Cord
- Product Safety guide
- Installation CD-ROM
Quick and easy steps to set up the Brother MFC L5700DW printer for the first time
Step 1: Open the product box
- Open the box of your printer.
- Take the printer Brother MFC L5700DW setup and its components out of the box.
- Check whether the components mentioned above are present inside the box. If not, contact your printer dealer to get the missing component.
Step 2: Unpack the printer
- Place your Brother printer on a table.
- Gently remove all the packing materials present inside and outside of the printer.
- Make sure to recycle the packing materials.
Step 3: Load paper
- Remove the paper tray from your printer.
- Adjust the paper guides properly.
- Get a stack of clean white paper and load it in the tray.
- Readjust the guides correctly.
- Place the tray back into the printer.
Step 4: Turn on your printer
- Connect the Brother printer to an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- Turn on your Brother printer by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- Set the basic printer settings by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Fax setup
- If you wish to use your Brother printer for the fax operation, then connect it to the telephone wall jack using the power cord.
- Select the Start or Proceed option displayed on the screen.
- Configure the Fax settings as per your needs.
Step 6: Install the printer software
- On your Windows or Mac computer, open the Brother printer driver.
- Use the setup CD or a downloaded driver file to perform the driver installation.
- During the installation, make sure to select the correct connection type.
- Perform the driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, try a test print.
- Using “Brother iPrint & Scan”
- If you’re a mobile device user, then download and install the Brother iPrint & Scan app on your device to perform the print & scan operations on the Brother MFC L5700DW printer.
- You can download this app from the printer’s official site, Google Play Store, or Apple App Store.
Brother Mfc l5700dw Driver Download
The following step-by-step instructions explain how to download the Brother MFC L5700DW printer driver from this page.
- Locate the Driver Download button provided on this page.
- Once you locate the button, click on it.
- Now, your current OS type will be detected automatically, and the Brother MFC L5700DW printer driver available for it will start to download.
- You can see the status of the download at the bottom of the screen or on your browser’s Download folder.
- Once the driver is downloaded, open it, and begin the software installation on your computer.
Brother Mfc l5700dw Manual Download
- Locate the Manual Download button provided on this page.
- Now, a soft copy for the printer Brother MFC L5700DW setup user guide will start to download on your computer.
Brother Mfc l5700dw Mac Driver
Printer Driver and Scanner Driver are the recommended Brother MFC L5700DW printer drivers for the macOS. To download the printer driver for your Mac computer from the printer’s official support page, follow the below instructions.
- Navigate to the Brother printer’s official support page. Search and select your Brother MFC L5700DW printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- If required, choose your macOS from the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose the driver(s) that you wish to install on your Mac computer from the list.
- Click the Download icon beside the selected driver.
- Once the selected driver is downloaded, you can perform the software installation on your computer.
How To Connect Printer Wireless Setup
- Gather your wireless network’s SSID and password first.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the same wireless network that the printer is to be connected to.
- Now, turn on your Brother printer if it is turned off.
- On your printer’s home screen, press the Settings icon.
- Select Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard > Yes.
- Now, the printer will try to detect the wireless networks available within its range.
- From the list, choose your network’s SSID and enter its password in the given field when prompted.
- Once your Brother printer is connected to the wireless network successfully, open its driver file on your Windows computer.
- Initially, you’ll be asked to select your language and accept the end-user license agreement of the printer.
- After accepting the license agreement, the Connection Type screen will open.
- Choose the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option and click Next.
- Select your Brother printer followed by the driver files that you want to install on the computer.
- Wait for the software installation to complete.
- Once it is done, click the Brother registration button to register your printer for the latest updates.
- Finally, try a test print to check whether the installation is done correctly.
Printer Airprint Setup
Printing using AirPrint on iPhone
- Connect your iPhone and the Brother MFC L5700DW printer to the same wireless network first.
- On your iPhone, open the document to be printed.
- Tap on the Share icon available on the screen.
- Choose the Print option from the list of options.
- Make sure that your Brother printer is selected.
- Configure the print settings as per your desire.
- Finally, tap Done.
- Now, the printer will start to print the selected document.
Printer Toner Reset
To reset your Brother MFC L5700DW setup printer toner, follow the below instructions.
- Turn on your Brother printer if it is turned off.
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Now, hold down the # button on your printer’s control panel until the Reset Menu window is displayed on the printer screen.
- Choose the toner that you want to reset from the list.
- Tap Yes.
- Now, the selected toner life will be restored.
- Once it is done, close the front cover and try a test print.
Brother Mfc l5700dw Troubleshooting
It is quite common for an error or issue to occur while working with the printer. Usually, an error message or code is displayed on the screen when something wrong inside the printer. Most of the errors can be resolved easily by performing the correct troubleshooting instructions instructed by the experts. The section below explains how to resolve the common Brother MFC L5700DW printer issues like printing problems, paper jams, document jams, and network problems.
Issue 1: Document jams
A document can jam mainly in the two parts of the printer.
- Top of the ADF unit.
- Under the document cover.
To remove the jammed document from the top of the ADF unit, follow the below instructions.
- Remove the remaining paper from the ADF first.
- Now, open the ADF cover of your printer.
- Look for the jammed paper and remove it gently out of the printer.
- After removing the jammed document, close the ADF cover of your printer and press the Cancel button on its control panel.
Removing a jammed document from under the document cover
- Make sure to remove the remaining paper from the ADF first.
- Open the document cover.
- Remove the jammed paper and close the cover.
- Press the Cancel button.
Issue 2: Paper Jam
Like Document Jam, the Paper Jam issue can also occur in a different part of the printer. Some of the parts where paper jam can occur are the MP tray, paper tray, back of the printer, inside the printer, and the 2-sided tray.
- To clear the paper jam, look for the jammed paper in the above-mentioned parts of the printer first.
- Once you find the jammed paper, remove it without damaging it further.
- After removing all the jammed paper, reload the paper in the tray and try a test print.
Issue 3: Printing problems
The common printing problems encountered by most printer users are no printout, the printer is not printing or has stopped printing, and the printer doesn’t print on both sides of the paper.
- Make sure that your Brother MFC L5700DW setup and the computer or mobile phone is connected to the same network.
- Check whether your printer is turned on.
- Make sure that your Brother printer is set as the default printer on your computer.
- Check if you have selected your Brother printer correctly while configuring the print operation settings.
- If not, select it correctly, and then perform the print operation.
- Make sure that you have installed your Brother printer driver correctly.
- If the printer stops the print operation unexpectedly, press the Cancel button to cancel it, and then resume the same print operation.
Issue 4: Network problems
Check whether an error message is displayed on your printer’s screen first. If yes, identify it and then perform the necessary solutions to resolve the network problems. The below section explains the solutions to resolve the connection error and connection failed issues.
- When other devices try to connect to the same network you want to connect the printer, you can see Connection error message is displayed.
- To resolve this error, disable the Wi-Fi option on your other devices.
- If the Brother Mfc L5700dw Setup fails to connect to your wireless network, the Connection Failed message is displayed on the screen.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi option is enabled on your printer.
- Check whether your wireless network is active.
- Restart your printer and the wireless router, and then try to connect the printer to the network.
You can contact us to get remote assistance in resolving Brother printer issues.