- Home »
- Brother MFC L6800DW Printer
GUIDELINES FOR BROTHER MFC L6800DW SETUP
Brother MFC L6800DW is a multifunctional printer that uses Electrophotographic Laser technology to perform the print operation. This printer’s smart and wireless-capable features are good enough to satisfy your high-volume and medium-to-large workgroup’s printing needs. It also has a 4.85” color touchscreen display that helps you to check the status and configure the printer settings easily like never before. Features of Brother Mfc L6800dw Setup is listed below:
- Duplex printing, scanning, and copying.
- Scan to file, image, OCR, email, SSH server, and more.
- Mobile printing is supported using Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, or Mopria.
- Color & Black scanning.
- Supported Interfaces: USB, LAN, and Wireless LAN.
Ten quick steps to set up the Brother MFC L6800DW printer
- Unpack the printer box.
- Make sure that all the components related to the printer are provided inside the box.
- Unpack your printer and place it on a table.
- Make sure to unpack the drum unit and reinstall it back into the printer.
- Take the paper tray out of your printer. Fill the tray with a stack of plain paper and place the tray back into the printer.
- Connect your printer to the power outlet and turn it on.
- If required, choose your printer’s language, date & time, and other preferences as per your desire.
- Once the printer’s physical setup is completed, begin the software installation on your computer.
- Open the Brother MFC L6800DW printer driver on your computer. Connect the printer and your computer when prompted during the driver installation. If you’re a mobile phone user, then install the Brother iPrint & Scan app on your device and connect the devices. You can also use the Apple AirPrint feature if your mobile phone is running on iOS.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the Brother Mfc L6800dw setup is done correctly.
Brother MFC L6800DW Driver Download
- Download the Brother MFC L6800DW printer driver from this page by clicking the Driver Download button.
- As soon as you click it, the printer driver for your current OS will be downloaded to your computer.
Brother MFC L6800DW Driver Mac
- Visit the Brother printer’s official support page.
- Choose your Brother printer model.
- Go to the Downloads tab.
- If required, choose the Mac OS from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the printer driver that you wish to install on your Mac computer and click the Download button beside it.
Brother MFC L6800DW Manual Download
- Download the Brother MFC L6800DW printer’s user guide by clicking the Manual Download button provided on this page.
- When you click the button, a soft copy of the printer’s user guide will start to download on your computer.
Brother MFC L6800DW Wireless Setup
- Turn on your desktop or laptop and connect it to the same wireless network to which you will be connecting the Brother Mfc L6800dw Setup later.
- Now, turn on your Brother printer.
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Select Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard > Yes.
- Now, your Brother printer will try to detect the wireless networks available within its range.
- From the detected networks list, choose your network’s SSID and enter its password in the given field.
- Once your Brother printer is connected to the wireless network, begin the software installation on your computer.
- Open the Brother MFC L6800DW printer driver file on your computer.
- Perform the on-screen instructions. When prompted, choose the Wireless Connection option.
- Finish the Brother printer driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Brother MFC L6800DW Scan to PC
- Load the photo or text document on your Brother printer’s scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button.
- Choose the to Image option and press to Image.
- If required, choose your computer.
- Modify the scan preferences if necessary and press the Start button.
- Now, the Brother printer will start to scan the document placed on the scanner glass.
- Once the scanning is completed, a copy of the document will be saved on the selected computer.
Brother MFC L6800DW Scan to Email
You can scan a document and sent it as an email attachment to your computer using the Brother MFC L6800DW Setup.
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- On your printer’s scanner glass, load the photo or text document to be scanned.
- Press Scan and select the to E-mail option.
- Press to E-mail > to E-mail.
- Choose the connected computer and press the Start button.
- Once the printer scans the document, a copy of it will be saved as an e-mail attachment on the selected computer.
- Open the email client on your computer.
- Compose a new mail, attach the scanned file to the message, and send it to the recipient of your desire.
Brother MFC L6800DW Toner Reset
- Turn on your Brother printer if it is turned off.
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Now, locate the # button on your printer’s control panel and hold it down.
- Once the Menu reset window is displayed on the printer screen, release the # button.
- Choose the toner that you wish to reset and press the Yes button.
- Now, the selected toner’s count will be restored to default.
Brother MFC L6800DW Troubleshooting
Use the below section to resolve Brother MFC L6800DW Setup common issues.When you’re working with a printer, it is very common for an issue to occur. Some of the common printer issues are paper jam, printer offline, printer not printing, ink cartridges not recognized, etc. Most of the printer issues can be resolved easily by performing the basic solutions instructed by the experts. In case the basic solutions don’t resolve the printer issue, then perform the advanced solutions to resolve it.
- Make sure that your Brother MFC L6800DW printer driver is up-to-date.
- Check if your printer is turned on.
- Connect your printer and the computer or mobile phone to the same network if they are not connected together.
- Check if the paper is loaded properly in the input tray and the ink cartridges are installed correctly into their slots.
- Restart your Brother printer and check if the error is resolved.
For every printer error, the cause and the solutions might vary. For example, if the error message Paper jam is displayed on the printer screen, then perform the following steps to resolve it.
- Look for the jammed paper in the MP tray, paper tray, back of the printer, inside the printer, and in the 2-sided tray.
- If you find the jammed paper in any one of the above parts, remove it and then restart your printer.
- After restarting the printer, check if the Paper Jam message is resolved.
Similarly, perform the necessary solutions to resolve the error that occurred on your printer. In case the advanced solutions don’t resolve your printer issues, then factory reset your printer. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Go to the Initial Setup section from your printer’s home screen.
- Choose the Reset option followed by Factory Reset.
- Select Reset and press OK.
To get remote assistance in resolving Brother MFC L6800DW Setup issues, contact us.