- Home »
- BROTHER MFC L8610CDW
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW
Brother MFC L8610CDW is an all-in-one printer that comes with duplex and wireless printing features. It is one of the most cost-efficient printers and can print and copy up to 33 pages per minute.
What’s in the box?
- The Brother MFC L8610CDW printer
- Toner cartridges (4)
- Drum Unit
- AC Power cord
- Telephone cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Installation CD
- Reference Guide
Steps for the hardware setup of the printer:
- Unpack the printer from the box and remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body.
- Open the front door of the printer and remove the packaging materials.
- Place the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly into the printer.
- Unpack the toner cartridge one by one and place it into the cartridge slot. Do not forget to lock the tab on the side.
- Repeat the same step for the other 3 toner cartridges and close the front door of the printer.
- Pull the paper tray out of the Brother printer and move the paper guide to the side.
- Place a stack of paper into the paper tray and adjust the guide to fit the stack.
- Connect the power cord between the main power source and the rear of the printer. Turn the printer on.
- Connect the phone cord to the printer and to the telephone line slot.
- Select the Settings option and select All Settings.
- Select the Initial Setup option.
- Now, under Local Language, select a language, and press the Home button.
- Here are the steps for software setup.
- Place the installation CD into the CD/DVD drive, or you can download the printer software from the steps mentioned in the coming topics.
- Run the setup program. Keep following the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
- When the connection screen appears, select the method of connection and complete the full setup.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW DRIVER DOWNLOAD – STEPS
- You can download the driver for the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer from this page.
- Click the Driver Download button (For Windows or Mac). The driver will get downloaded immediately.
- With the help of the driver, you can perform all kinds of tasks the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer supports.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW DRIVER MAC – STEPS
- You can download the Driver for the Mac OS on this page.
- Click the Driver Download Mac button, and the driver will be downloaded.
- If you want to download the driver from the Brother support page,
- open a browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Open the support page for Brother MFC L8610CDW printer, and click the Downloads tab on the left(right below the printer image).
- Click the Mac OS and the version of the Mac OS, click the OK button.
- Agree to the License Agreement, and the download will begin.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW DRIVER WINDOWS – STEPS
Click the Driver Download button available on this very page, and the driver will download immediately for the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer.
- Open the Brother MFC L8610CDW Support page on your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows option from the Operating System drop-down list.
- Select the Driver and click the Download button.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW DRIVER INSTALL – STEPS
- Once you have the Driver downloaded from our support page or from the Brother support page, you can start with the installation.
- Give a double-click on the setup file to initialize the installation.
- Follow the on-screen commands and complete the setup.
- When the connection screen appears, you will be asked to select from a selection of options.
- Choose the connection you wish to have for the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer and complete the installation.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW MANUAL DOWNLOAD – STEPS
- With the help of the Manual, you will have a much easier outlook on how to set up the printer.
- You can download the manual from this page.
- As soon as you click on the Manual Download button, the manual will be downloaded to your system.
- Alternatively, you can download the manual from the Brother MFC L8610CDW support page.
- Open the Support page for the Brother MFC L8610 CDW printer.
- Click on the Manual tab on the left side of the page.
- On the right pane of the page, you will find the User’s Guide and Setup Guide.
- Click the manual you want and then click the Download button.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW WIRELESS SETUP – STEPS
If your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup, you can follow these steps to establish wireless connection for the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer.
- Power up your router. Make sure the printer is within the range of the router.
- Press the Settings option on the control panel.
- Select the All Settings option and then choose Network.
- Select WLAN and then select the WPS option.
- When you see the message Enable WLAN?, press the YES option.
- When you see the message Start WPS on your wireless access point/router, press the WPS button on your router.
- Finally, press the OK button.
- The printer will identify the router network and connect to it. You will see the Connected message on the LCD screen once the connection is made.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW AIRPRINT SETUP – STEPS
AirPrint is a mobile printing feature that is exclusive for iOS devices. Before using AirPrint, you need to enable the feature using Web-Based Management. Here are the steps.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the Brother Printer IP address in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Once the EWS page for the printer opens up, proceed with the steps below.
- Click the Network tab.
- Find the Protocol option on the left side of the page and click it.
- Click the checkbox for the AirPrint option.
- Now, click Submit.
- To print using AirPrint, connect the iOS device to the same wireless network as the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer.
- Turn on your iOS device and open the document you want to print.
- Tap on the Share option.
- Select the Print option.
- Select your Brother printer model from the list.
- Tap on + or – to choose the number of copies you want.
- Tap the Print option at the top-right corner of the screen.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW HOW TO SCAN – STEPS
- First, power up the printer and then make sure it is connected to your computer.
- Load the original document in the Brother printer (print-side facing down on the scanner glass or in the ADF).
- Press the Scan button on the printer
- Select the To PC option.
- Select a suitable scan format.
- Press the Start button.
- The printer will scan the document and save it to your computer.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW COPY SETUP – STEPS
- Ensure that the printer has enough paper loaded into the paper tray.
- Now, place the original document in the Auto Document feeder.
- Gently press the Copy button on the control panel.
- If you want to copy on both sides of a paper, select the 2-sided copy option and then set it to On.
- Press either the Black Start or the Color Start button to start the copy.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW FAX SETUP – STEPS
- For faxing, Place the document you want to fax on the scanner glass of the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer.
- The printed side of the document should face down on the scanner glass.
- Press the Fax button on the Brother printer control panel.
- Enter the fax number manually using the dial pad. Otherwise, use the address book to add the fax number and name.
- Press the Fax Start button.
- The printer will fax the document to the assigned number.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW TROUBLESHOOTING
The Brother MFC L8610CDW printer may sometimes malfunction, and fortunately, most of the issues are resolvable. Some of the common errors you will be facing are: Document jams, paper jams, printing problems, network problems, the printer is offline, and so on. Here, you’ll find step-by-step instructions to fix the paper jam issue. For more solutions, you can contact our technical experts, and they will guide and assist you remotely.
BROTHER MFC L8610CDW PAPER JAM
PAPER JAM IN THE MP TRAY:
- Remove the paper from the MP tray.
- Gently locate and remove the jammed paper from the inside.
- Arrange the remaining papers properly and place them back in the MP tray.
PAPER JAM IN THE PAPER TRAY:
- Pull the paper tray from the bottom of the printer.
- Look for the jammed paper and use both hands to remove it slowly.
- In the paper tray, make sure you do not cross the paper tray limit (look at the indicator on the side of the tray).
- Close the paper tray.
PAPER JAM UNDERNEATH THE PAPER TRAY:
- Remove the paper tray from the Brother printer.
- Look inside the paper tray and remove any jammed paper.
PAPER JAM AT THE BACK OF THE PRINTER:
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- After a period of use, the printer body would definitely be hot.
- Let the internal fan cool the printer for 10 seconds.
- Inside the printer, you will find two green tabs (left and right side) of the fuser. Slide it to release the fuser cover.
- Locate the jammed paper and then gently remove it from the inside.
- Place the fuser back into the printer and make sure the tabs hold their place.
- Close the back cover.
PAPER JAM INSIDE THE PRINTER:
- Open the front cover of the Brother MFC L8610CDW printer until it holds itself into position.
- Hold the drum unit handle and gently remove it from the printer.
- Locate the jammed paper, slowly hold the edge of the paper, and reel it out from the slot. Make sure not to damage the paper.
- Place the drum unit back into the slot of the printer and close the front cover.