- Home »
- Brother Mfc L8900cdw Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC L8900CDW SETUP
Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an All-in-One Color Laser printer with features like duplex print, scan, copy, and wireless networking. You will get the most out of this printer when it comes to connectivity and function. In fact, setting up this printer is quite simple and easy than you think. For detailed instructions about the Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup, continue reading this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
If you are setting up the Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer for the first time, go through these steps.
Unboxing The Printer:
- First, take out the printer from the package.
- You will get the following supplies in the printer package. Take out the supplies and keep them aside for later use.
- Brother installation disc
- Quick Setup Guide
- AC power cord
- Telephone line cord
- Check the printer components and proceed to remove the packing materials.
- Once you have removed the protective tapes outside the printer, open the front cover.
- Pull out the packing tape and release all the latches holding the toner cartridges.
- Take out each toner cartridge from the drum unit and remove the packing materials.
- Reinstall the toner cartridges into the drum unit and close the front cover of Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup.
Loading Print Media:
- Pull the paper input tray out from the printer.
- Ensure that you have removed the packing materials from the tray. If not, remove them.
- Adjust the paper guides for loading the plain paper.
- Fan the paper stack and load it into the tray without exceeding the mark.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and make sure not to adjust it tightly.
- Refix the paper tray into the printer.
Configuring The Basic Settings:
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the provided power cord.
- Go to the touchscreen panel and tap the Settings icon.
- Select All Settings -> Initial Setup -> Local Language.
- Choose your language from the displayed list and press the Home button on Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup.
- If necessary, connect the telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port and configure the fax settings.
Installing the printer software:
- Use the provided Brother installation disc to run the driver installation process on your computer.
- If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the driver from the official Brother site.
- Run the driver installation wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
You have now completed the basic printer setup.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can quickly download the driver for your Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Brother site. Make sure you identify your OS version before downloading any printer driver.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On your Windows computer, remove any previously installed Brother printer driver before downloading a new one.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Launch the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Click the Support tab and select Support Center.
- On the Brother Solutions Center page, enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Select the Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup from the search result and click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- Wait until your Windows OS version is detected.
- If necessary, choose the correct OS version in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section and click OK.
- Select the required printer driver from the displayed list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the driver is downloaded on your Windows computer.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Navigate to Brother Solutions Center.
- Type ‘Brother MFC-L8900CDW’ in the search field and click Search.
- Select the Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup from the search result.
- Click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- Choose your macOS version in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section if it is not detected.
- Click OK and choose the required driver from the displayed list.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the driver is downloaded.
- You can access the driver file from the Downloads section in the browser.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is provided along with the printer in the product package. If the manual is not available, click the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup manual from the official Brother site by following these steps.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Under Manuals, click the link to go to the Manuals page.
- If necessary, select your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Choose the required manual from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Save the manual to your computer.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to download it on your computer.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW WIRELESS SETUP
Using the WPS Push Button method:
- Start by turning on your Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup.
- Go to the touchscreen panel and tap Settings.
- Select All Settings -> Network -> WLAN -> WPS.
- When the LCD shows the ‘Enable WLAN?’ message, tap Yes to start the wireless setup wizard.
- When the printer LCD prompts you to press the WPS button, go to your router.
- Locate the WPS button. Press and hold the button on your router until the LEDs get flashed.
- Tap the OK button on the printer LCD and wait until your printer is connected to your wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, the LCD will show the ‘Connected’ message.
Connecting Your Printer And Computer Over Wi-Fi:
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network as your Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup.
- Run the driver installation wizard using the provided CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required driver by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose the Wireless network connection option as your connection type and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW TONER REPLACEMENT
- With the Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer turned on, open the front cover.
- Hold down the green handle of the drum unit and pull it out from the printer.
- Gently pull out the toner cartridge from the drum unit from Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the packing materials.
- Before installing the replacement cartridge, clean the corona wire inside the drum unit.
- Once you have replaced the toner cartridge, fix the drum unit assembly into the printer.
- Repeat the steps for the other toner cartridges that need to be replaced.
- Close the front cover to complete replacing the toner cartridge.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW SCAN SETUP
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer has a flatbed scanner to scan all your documents. You can scan your original document and send it to the following destinations.
- USB or flash drive
- Email program
- Network Folder
For detailed instructions about the scan setup of Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup, continue reading the steps given on this page.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW SCAN TO EMAIL
You can scan your document from the Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer and send it to an email program on your computer as an attachment. To know how to do the Scan to Email function, go through these steps.
- Turn on your Brother printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your Brother printer and the Windows computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Go to your printer’s touchscreen panel and tap the Scan button.
- Select the to PC option followed by to Email.
- To scan your document with the default scan settings, press the Start button.
- Otherwise, tap the Options button and access the following scan settings.
- File Type
- Scan Type
- Document Size
- Scan Settings
- Skip Blank Page
- After choosing the required scan settings for Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup, press the Start button to scan your document and save it as an attachment to the email client on your computer.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW TROUBLESHOOTING
Getting used to printer errors is common and it can happen if the installation goes wrong. To help you in resolving the printer issues, we have dedicated technical experts. You can get in touch with them by clicking the Call button on this page. In most cases, restarting your printer itself is enough to resolve the false errors. If the problem persists, contact us to get it resolved quickly.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW PRINTER OFFLINE
- Is your printer status offline on your Windows computer? Check the Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup status.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on. If it is turned off, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Ensure that the printer LCD has no errors.
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate your printer’s icon and check if the status has changed to online.
- Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon. If not, give a right-click on the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- If the status is still offline, right-click the printer icon again and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs in Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- Now, the printer offline issue should be fixed.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW WON’T TURN ON
- If your Brother MFC L8900CDW printer is not powering on, check the power cord connected to it.
- Unplug the power cord from your printer.
- Wait a few minutes to let the printer cool down.
- Reconnect the power cord to your printer and press the Power button.
- If your printer is still not turning on, try to connect the power cord to a different wall outlet.
- If no troubleshooting steps resolve your printer, reset the Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW RESET DRUM ERROR
When your Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer shows the error related to resetting the drum unit, you should reset the drum unit counter. But make sure to reset it after replacing the drum unit.
Using the printer control panel:
- With the printer turned on, press the Cancel button.
- Tap Settings -> All Settings -> Machine Info -> Parts Life.
- Touch and hold down the Drum button until the message changes.
- Tap Yes and press the Home button to reset the drum unit counter.
Now, the error related to resetting the drum unit should be resolved.
BROTHER MFC L8900CDW PAPER JAM
- If your Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup is jammed with paper while printing a document, the LCD will show the error message.
- Sometimes, the paper jam error might be false. In such cases, restart your printer.
- If the error reappears, identify the exact location of the paper jam and turn off your printer.
- The paper may get jammed in the following areas.
- MP tray
- Paper tray
- Back of the printer
- Inside the printer
- Below the paper tray
- Go to the exact location of the jammed paper and gently remove the paper from your printer.
- Restart your printer and check if the error is resolved.
- To prevent paper jam errors, use printer-supported media.
- Do not load the paper more than the specified limit.
- Also, make sure not to adjust the paper stack tightly in Brother Mfc L8900cdw Setup using the paper guides.