- Home »
- Brother Printer HL 2170W
Guidance For Brother HL 2170W Troubleshooting
The Brother HL 2170W printer may not work properly after when used for a long time. Make sure to maintain the printer properly to avoid errors. Some of the commonly occurring Brother HL 2170W troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below. If you are facing any other problems, you can click on the Call button on this page to resolve your issues.
Brother Hl 2170w Toner Light Stays On
- You can reset the toner by following the ways given below.
- First, lower the front door and keep it open.
- Now, turn off the printer, press the Go button, and hold it. Release the button and press it again two times.
- Now, pause and press the Go button five times.
- You can see that the light is turned off.
- Now, raise the front door to start printing.
Brother Hl 2170w Drum And Error Light Flashing
- If the drum and error light keeps on flashing, open the front cover.
- Now, press the Go button and hold it for at least 4 seconds.
- When the four LEDs are lit, release the Go button.
- If the issue persists, clean the corona wire in the drum unit.
- Slide the green tab side to side and check whether there is any leakage in the contacts.
- Now, reinsert the drum unit and cartridge to the printer to fix the issue.
Brother Hl 2170w Toner Error
- If the printer doesn’t recognize the new, replaced cartridge, you will receive the toner error.
- Make sure that the Brother printer is turned off.
- Lower the front cover and press the Go button.
- Without releasing the Go button, turn on the printer.
- Now, check whether the Drum, Toner, and Error LEDs are turned on.
- Release the Go button when the Ready LED is turned off.
- If the Brother HL 2170W troubleshooting, remove and reinsert the toner cartridge to fix the issue.
Brother Hl 2170w Error Printing
- If you are facing printing errors, first, try to reset the toner cartridge.
- You may also receive the printing error if you are out of ink.
- Press the Go button on the Brother printer and hold it for a few seconds.
- When all the LEDs turn on, and the Ready LED turns off, release the Go button.
- Once the reset is complete, print a test page.
- If you are still getting the printing error, replace the toner cartridge.
Brother Hl 2170w Won’t Print
- Check whether the printer and computer are properly connected.
- Verify whether the power LED is turned on.
- If you have connected them over a network, make sure that there is no issue with the Internet Service Provider.
- If you have installed the old printer driver, install the latest printer driver from the official Brother website.
- If you still can’t print, reset the printer to fix the issue.
Brother Hl 2170w Offline
- If the printer is offline, check whether the printer is in the sleep mode.
- Open the Control Panel window and right-click on the printer.
- Select the Set as default printer option from the displayed list.
- Open Devices and Printers and click the Printer menu. Select the Cancel All Documents option from the displayed list to remove any print jobs.
- Right-click on the Brother HL 2170W printer and select See what’s printing.
- Select the Printer menu and uncheck the Pause Printing option.
- Restart the Brother HL 2170W troubleshooting to resolve the printer offline issue.
Brother Hl 2170w Paper Jam
- Open the front cover and leave the printer off for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper stuck using both hands.
- Pull out the input paper tray and remove the paper jam.
- Lower the rear tray and remove the paper stuck inside.
- Now, select Resume printing to fix the issue.