- Home »
- Canon Mg2920 Setup
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANON MG2920SETUP
Have you recently purchased the Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer and need to set it up for the first time? Of course, it is very simple to set up and complete the installation. By following the below instructions, you can finish the printer’s unboxing and hardware setup.
CANON MG2920 PRINTER SETUP
Contents inside the box:
- Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer
- Setup CD-ROM
- User Guide
- Ink Cartridges (Black and Color)
- Power Cord
Unpacking the canon printer:
- Open the box and remove the power cord and the ink cartridges from the package.
- Next, remove the printed documents and the installation CD-ROM from the box.
- Now, gently lift the printer from the package.
- Discard the foam packing materials and take out the printer from the plastic cover.
- Next, remove all the protective tapes from the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge door and discard the protective tapes inside the Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer.
Connecting the power cord:
- First, connect the power cable to the rear of the printer and plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Open the ink cartridge access door of the printer.
- Now, unpack one of the ink cartridges from the package.
- Remove the protective tape from the cartridge.
- You can now insert the ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Make use of the above instructions to insert the remaining cartridges into the Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer.
- Now, close the cartridge access door.
Loading the paper:
- Lift the paper support on the printer.
- Pull the output tray and its extension from the printer.
- Next, move the paper width guide as far as possible.
- Now, insert the sheets into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper width guide to the edges of the stack.
- Do not load the paper above the indicated limit.
Now, you can complete the printer’s unboxing and hardware setup by following the above instructions.
CANON MG2920 DRIVER DOWNLOAD:
- If you have the driver installation CD that comes with your Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer package, insert it into your computer’s CD-ROM drive and start the installation process.
- Just execute the on-screen prompts to finish the driver installation on your computer.
- If you don’t have the driver CD, visit your Canon printer’s official support page to download and install the driver for your printer on the computer.
- On the support page, type your printer name in the search bar at the top of the page.
- In the next window, choose your device name from the list.
- Next, select your printer’s model number from the list.
- In the window that is displayed, click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Now, under Drivers & Downloads, choose your operating system with its version from the drop-down list and select your language.
- Now, navigate to your Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer’s driver file and click on the Select button placed straight to it.
- Click Download below the selected driver file.
- Now, the driver for your printer will start to download on your computer.
CANON MG2920 MANUAL:
- Open the computer’s default browser and go to the official support page of your printer.
- Now, enter your printer model name in the search bar located at the top of the page.
- Or else, you can browse the printer model by selecting the Printers section below the Browse by Product Type category.
- Choose your device name from the list in the next window.
- Now, select your printer’s model number from the list.
- At the top of the page, click on the MANUALS button.
- Make sure to select the language above the Guides & Manuals section.
- Now, scroll down the screen and click the SELECT button straight to the Canon PIXMA MG2920 User Manual file.
- Next, click VIEW. The User Manual will display on the next screen.
- Select the Download icon at the top-right corner of the window.
- Now, your printer’s manual will start to download on your computer.
CANON MG2920 SCAN TO COMPUTER:
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- Now, lift the scanner lid and load the document with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Slowly close the scanner lid on your Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer.
- Go to the Start menu and open the Canon Utility application on your computer.
- Select the IJ Scan Utility option.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Now, the Settings window will appear on the screen.
- Make sure to select the color mode, paper size, resolution, etc.
- After completing the document settings, click on the OK button.
- Now, you will be back to the Canon IJ Scan Utility window.
- Select the Document option from the top of the screen.
- Now, the printer will start the scanning process.
You can complete the scan to computer process by following the above instructions.
CANON MG2920 WIFI SETUP:
- Make sure to turn on your Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer.
- Check whether the access point/router is on and is ready for connection.
- Hit and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the Wireless lamp flashes once.
- When the Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly and the Power lamp starts to light up, just press the button named WPS on your wireless router or access point.
- Make sure that the Power and Wi-Fi lamps flash steadily.
By following the above instructions, you can complete the Wi-Fi setup on your Canon PIXMA MG2920 printer.