Avail HP Envy 4516 Setup
The HP Envy 4516 printer supports wireless and USB connections. The printer can be connected to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi Direct feature and the HP Smart application. The printer can be accessed from a mobile device anywhere and anytime using the mobile printing options such as HP ePrint, HP Smart, Apple AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print. The mobile printing feature includes print solutions for the Android and Kindle devices. The printer prints by the Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet printing method and can print up to 1200 pages per month.
How to Setup HP Envy 4516 Printer?
- Unbox the HP Envy 4516 printer.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the printer.
- Turn on the printer after connecting it to an electrical wall outlet.On the printer’s control panel, set your preferences.
- Load a stack of paper into the paper input tray.
- Push the tray forward until it clicks into position.Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Insert the HP Envy 4516 Setup printer ink cartridges into their respective slots and close the ink cartridge access door. The printer prints an alignment page.
- Place the page on the scanner glass such that its printed side faces the glass. Close the scanner lid and touch OK to align the ink cartridges.
- Download the most recent version of the printing software from our website on your computer. Connect the printer to the computer only when prompted by the software.
HP Envy 4516 Driver
The HP Envy 4516 printer driver is of various types including the Full Feature or Full Solution driver, Basic driver, HP Easy Start, Plug and Play driver, Host-based driver, PostScript driver and PCL6USB driver. The recommended driver for the printer is the full feature driver and can be downloaded from our website. The latest printer driver for Mac can be installed using Apple Software Update.
HP Envy 4516 Manual
The HP Envy 4516 printer manual provides the user with the complete set of instructions for HP Envy 4516 Setup, installing the driver and connecting the printer to a device. The user manual comprises of all do’s and don’ts while setting up the printer. The complete HP Envy 4516 user manual, if required, can be downloaded from our website.
How to Download HP Envy 4516 Driver?
- Check for installation CD in your printer package.
- Insert the CD into the computer CD drive.
- Run the driver and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Finish the installation.
- If the 123.hp.com/envy 4516 printer package did not include a CD, download the latest version of the Full Feature printer driver from our website.
- An HP Easy Start application might download. Follow the on-screen instructions to open the downloaded file.
- Choose a connection type when prompted.
- Try to print, scan or fax.
How to Install HP Envy 4516 Driver?
- Check the printer package for the installation CD.
- Insert the CD into your computer.
- Run the driver and finish the installation by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Download the latest HP Envy 4516 Setup printer driver from our website if you did not receive an installation CD.
- Allow the HP Easy Start application to download and follow the on-screen instructions to open the application.
- Choose a connection type when prompted.
- Connect the printer to the computer as per your selected connection type.
- Try to print, scan or fax.
How to Connect HP Envy 4516 Printer to Wireless?
- Make sure you have the computer connected to the wireless network.
- Download the printer software.
- Make sure the software is compatible with both the printer type and the computer’s operating system.The printer can be connected over a wireless network either by the Auto Wireless Connect option or Printer Network Connection.
- Select Auto Wireless Connect on the printer’s control panel. The option enables the automatic wireless setup.
- To connect the printer wirelessly using Wireless Setup Wizard, follow the instructions below.Make note of the network name and password.
- Turn on the HP Envy 4516 Setup printer and touch the Wireless icon on the control panel.
- Touch the Settings icon and then touch the Wireless Setup Wizard option when a Wireless screen displays.
- Select your default wireless network name and enter the WPA password.
HP Envy 4516 Ink Cartridge
The 123.hp.com/envy 4516 printer supports both black and color ink cartridges. The black ink cartridges are HP 63 Black, HP 302 Black, HP 123 Black, and HP 803 Black. The color ink cartridges that are supported by the printer are HP 63 Tri-color, HP 302 Tri-color, and HP 803 Tri-color. The ink levels can be checked from a computer, tablet or mobile phone using an HP application such as HP Smart.
How to Replace HP Envy 4516 Ink Cartridge?
- Turn the HP Envy 4516 printer on.Load a stack of plain white paper into the input tray.
- Open the carriage access door.To release the ink cartridge, unlock the lid on the ink cartridge slot.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the new ink cartridge. Take care not to touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles.
- Slide the new ink cartridge into the slot with the ink nozzle facing towards the printer. Secure the ink cartridge into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. The HP Envy 4516 Setup printer automatically prints an alignment page.Wait until the page fully ejects from the printer.
- Lift the scanner lid and scan the printed side of the alignment page. The printer aligns the cartridges.
How do you Put Paper in HP Envy Printer 4516?
The HP Envy 4516 all-in-one printer supports plain paper, envelopes, index cards, postcards, photo paper, and labels. Visit the manufacturer’s website to ensure that you are using the papers as per the printer’s specifications.
- Set up the printer as per the instructions provided in the manual.
- Pull and extend the paper input trayand Look for the paper catch and lift it up.
- Adjust the paper width guides and Stack paper into the input tray.
- Keep pushing the stack until it fits into the tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Push back the HP Envy 4516 Setup printer input tray until it clicks into place.
- Make sure the tray is closed completely, in case you have loaded US letters or A4 size paper.Leave the tray door open, if you have loaded legal size paper.
Hard Reset HP Envy 4516 Printer to Factory Defaults
- Open the Programs and Features option in your Windows PC.
- Click on the 123.hp.com/envy 4516 printer and uninstall it.
- Open Devices and Printers on your Windows PC and search for the printer.
- Remove the printer or delete it.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run command.
- Provide the link printui.exe /s when prompted.
- Open the Drivers tab and search for HP Printer Driver.
- Remove the driver and click OK. Open Printer Server Properties, select Apply and then click OK.
- Close all the tabs and restart the printer and your computer.
- Download the Full Feature printer driver from our website and install it on your Windows PC.
Fix HP Envy 4516 Troubleshooting Issue
The printer which can be connected over both wireless and wired HP Envy 4516 Setup. The printer may not function well at times due to technical failures. The troubleshooting of the printer includes solving issues related to fixing the print quality problems, printer offline issues, ink cartridge issues, and incompatibility, network scanner connection errors, printer offline errors, etc.
Why HP Envy 4516 Printer is Offline?
The HP Envy 4516 Printer can go offline due to connectivity issues or technical faults in the printer.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer.
- Select the printer in the tool and click the Fix Printing option. Follow the instructions below if the printer continues to remain offline.
- Turn off the 123.hp.com/envy 4516 printer and your computer. Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer and wait for the printer to turn on automatically. Turn on your computer. Try to print.
- See to that the printer is set as the Default printer.
- If the above steps didn’t help, reinstall the printer’s software.
How to Clear HP Envy 4516 Paper Jam?
The HP Printer displays a paper jam error when the printer stops feeding pages during a print job.
- Check the paper trays, ink cartridge access area and Automatic Document Feeder for jammed paper and remove if any.
- Turn on the printer. Wait until the carriage rests at the center.
- Remove any jammed paper bits which could restrict the carriage movement.
- Power up the printer and try printing.
- If the issue persists, load the printer with plain paper.
- Select the Clean Page Smears option under the Tools menu on the control panel. If the HP Envy 4516 Setup printer ejects a blank page, the issue is solved.