HP ENVY 5530 SETUP PRINTER SOLUTIONS
The HP Envy e-All-in-One Printer is a compact machine that is committed to delivering laser-sharp prints and professional quality photos. It has spectacular features such as wireless printing and high yield cartridges. Print efficiently at great speeds with the advanced HP printing technology that enables you to print studio quality pictures with vivid color and sharpness. With a very simple setup procedure and user-friendly operation, HP Envy 5530 Setup stands out as one of the best HP printers.
How to Setup HP Envy 5530 Printer?
- Unbox the HP Envy 5530 printer from the packaging box.
- Set it on a flat dust-free place near your computer.
- Connect the power cord to the rear panel and a wall socket.
- Open the Input and Output trays after removing the tape.
- Switch ON the printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Insert the new cartridges into the cartridge holder.
- Install the printer driver and software on your computer.
- Connect your computer and the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer either through a wired or wireless connection.Load paper into the Input Tray.
- Print a test page to verify proper installation.
HP Envy 5530 Driver
A set of drivers are to be installed on your computer to connect the HP Envy 5530 printer to the computer and perform various operations. The driver package can be found in an installation CD provided along with your printer. The updated driver can also be downloaded, for the respective printer model. The driver package is usually available as a single file along with a set of HP software for the printer.
HP Envy 5530 Manual
The user guide provided along with the HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One printer is a document that enables the end user to set up and get to know the functions & features of the printer. The user guide is available as three documents, out of which one explains the first time setup in the form of a pictorial poster, while the second is a reference guide to know about the printer and the third, the complete user guide. They are cross-platform supporting documents that support all operating systems.
How to Download Printer Driver on Windows?
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Enter 123.hp.com on the address bar and tap the Enter button.
- Locate the HP Envy Printer model on the home page.
- Search for the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer from the list.
- Open the Driver Download tab and choose the correct version of the Operating System.
- Select the required drivers with a .exe extension for the Windows computer.
- Click on the Download option to initiate the download.
- The downloaded files are now available for installation from the Downloads Folder.
How to Download Printer Driver on Mac?
- Switch ON your Mac computer.
- Open 123.hp.com through the web browser.
- Find the HP Envy Printer Range on the website.
- Click on the HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One printer from the list of available printers.
- Select the Driver and Downloads option to open the downloads page.
- Choose the necessary driver from the list with the .dmg extension and click download.
- Wait till the files downloaded on the Mac computer.
- Open and run the downloaded setup file to install the drivers.
How to Install Printer Software on Windows?
- Insert the installation CD provided along with your printer into the Windows computer.
- Download the software package, if you don’t have the CD or the software is outdated.
- Extract the setup file on your computer’s C drive.
- Run the extracted setup file which has a .exe extension.
- Enter the basic information on the first prompt and click on Continue.
- Select and connect the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer model to the computer.
- Ensure that the installation gets completed.
- Click on the Finish button to suspend the installer.
How to Install Printer Software on Mac?
- Switch ON your Mac computer and the printer.
- Open the files in the installation CD provided along with your printer by using your computer’s CD Drive.
- Get the latest software from 123hp.com if the installer prompts an outdated software or in the absence of a CD.
- Run the installer which has a .dmg extension on the Mac computer.
- Select your region and location in the initial prompt and select the Continue option.
- Connect your printer and go by the on-screen guidelines.
- Wait for the installer to complete the process.
- Select the Finish button to end the process.
How to Load Photo Paper in Printer?
- Switch ON the HP Envy 5530 Setup printer after inserting the power cord to the rear panel.
- Open the paper output tray.
- Extend the tray to its fullest length.
- Locate the paper width guides in the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer input tray.
- Move the guides to the extreme ends.
- Place a stack of photo paper in the input tray.
- Ensure that the shorter edge is facing the printer and print side is facing downwards.
- Slide back the paper guides till it touches the ends of the inserted paper.
- Ensure that the paper inserted is appropriate for the print job.
- Start printing vivid pictures with the HP Envy 5530 printer.
How to Print Photos on Printer?
Printing studio quality pictures are easy with the HP Envy 5530 printer. Ensure that you use good quality photo paper for printing on this printer.
- Switch ON the HP Envy 5530 printer by connecting the power cord.
- Ensure that the HP Ink Cartridges are installed in the printer.
- Pull the output tray and its extender.
- Slide the paper width guides in the input tray to load the photo paper.
- Get the paper guides back to their positions and connect your 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer either by a wired or wireless connection.
- Open the photo to be printed and click on Print.
- Adjust the photo parameters as per the requirement and click on Print.
- The printer now prints the photo on the inserted photo paper.
Guidelines To Perform Double Sided Printing
The HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One printer is a duplex printing device that allows the user to print on both the plain sides of a paper automatically. This feature is handy to print booklets easily.
- Load sufficient paper for the print job.
- Choose the Print option after opening the document.
- Opt for your printer from the list and choose Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Choose the Printing Shortcuts Tab and select Print on Both Sides or Two-Sided (Duplex) printing option.
- Click the Layout Tab in the absence of the Properties tab and choose the Two-sided printing option.
- Opt for the appropriate page flipping option depending upon the booklet or tablet style. Click on the print option.
- The printer automatically prints two-sided pages now.
HP Envy 5530 How to Scan?
The 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer can be utilized to scan your documents or photos to various personal devices. The scanning feature enables the users to convert hard copies of your documents to instant soft copies.
- Switch ON the HP Envy 5530 printer and open the scanner glass lid.
- Place the document to be scanned on top of the glass with the printed side facing downwards.
- Ensure that the document is placed in the correct position within the borders to avoid an improper scan.
- Now use the printer’s control panel or the HP Printer software on your computer to choose the Scan option.
- Select the resolution for the scan operation.
- Choose the destination for the scanned document (Computer/ Memory Card).
- The printer now scans the document.
- If you are scanning to the computer, preview the scanned document before saving it.
HP Envy 5530 Scan to Computer
The HP Printer software or the printer’s control panel can be used to scan a document from the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer to the computer. The steps are as follows:
- Ensure that the scanner driver and software are installed on the connected computer.
- Place the document to be scanned in the scanning compartment.
- Close the scanner lid after placing the document properly.
- Use the printer control panel and choose the Scan option.
- Ensure that the printer and computer are connected by either a wired or wireless connection.
- Choose Computer as the destination.
- Utilize the Settings option to make changes in the scanned document format.
- Touch the Scan button to complete the operation.
Easy HP Envy 5530 Wireless Setup
- Switch ON the HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One printer and your personal device.
- Power up the wireless router using the power cord and ensure that it has a working network connection.
- Connect the computer to the wireless network.
- Make a note of the wireless network name and password.
- Tap on the wireless icon and choose the Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Ensure that you select the same network to which your computer is connected.
- Enter the passcode if necessary and continue.
- Open the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer setup software on the computer and choose Connect a new printer.
- Go by the visual guidelines on the computer to complete the setup procedure.
HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printing
The wireless printing feature enables printing without the usage of wires from any wireless-enabled device. The wireless network router, the Wi-Fi Direct feature, the HP Smart App, and the AirPrint feature are some of the wireless printing options.
- Power up the printer and router.
- Switch on the wireless-enabled personal device.
- Establish a wireless connection by using the wireless HP Envy 5530 Setup procedure.
- Open the document to be printed using your personal device.
- Choose the Print option to see the Print Preview.
- Make the necessary alterations and select Print.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded on the printer.
- The printer now prints the document.
HP Envy 5530 Mobile Printing
HP Envy 5530 Airprint Setup
The AirPrint feature enables direct printing from an iOS device without the need for any driver or software. The setup guidelines are listed below.
- Ensure that your iOS device is of version 4.2 or higher.
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct option in the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer.
- Open the settings option on your iOS device and choose the Wi-Fi option.
- Select DIRECT-HPENVY5530 from the list of available networks.
- Enter the default password – 12345678, if prompted .
- Open the file to be printed, on the device.
- Choose the print icon and preview the print file.
- Choose the printer from the list by tapping on it.
- Ensure that there is sufficient paper in the input tray.
- Touch the Print option after making the necessary changes.
123.HP Envy5530 Cloud Print Setup
The Cloud Print feature on the HP Envy 5530 printer enables the user to print files directly from a computer, Chromebook or Android device using the Google Chrome Cloud print feature.
- Connect the printer and personal device to the same wireless network.
- Open the Google Chrome browser in the device.
- Enter chrome://devices in the address tab and tap Enter.
- Choose HP Envy 5530 from the new devices section on the web page.
- Click on the Register option to add your 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer.
- Ensure to confirm the registration on the control panel and wait for the confirmation page.
- Now open the Cloud Print option and select Print Jobs.
- Choose the Print option, choose Upload file to print to upload, and print the file by clicking on Print.
HP Envy 5530 Ink Cartridge
How to Refill HP Envy 5530 Ink?
Refilling the HP ink cartridges can be done using an ink cartridge refill kit. The kit usually contains a syringe, ink bottles, and glue. These materials can also be purchased separately.
- Remove the empty ink cartridges from the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Remove the tape on top of the cartridge to unveil the cartridge filling holes.
- Unseal the ink containers carefully.
- Use the syringe to draw ink from the container and fill the cartridge through the hole.
- Ensure to fill only 7.5 ml of black or 3.5 ml each of Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan for the standard HP 61 ink cartridge.
- The XL ink cartridge can be filled up to 15 ml of black or 5 ml each of the colors.
- Seal the holes back with tape or glue, and reinsert the cartridge into the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer.
Printer Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Power on the HP Envy 5530 printer using the power cord.
- Open the Output tray to unveil the cartridge access door.
- Wait for the holder to come to a stationary position.
- Pull out the dry or problematic ink cartridge from the holder carefully.
- Remove the packaging from the new HP 61 or 61XL ink cartridge.
- Dispose the old cartridge.
- Peel out the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Place the cartridge in the holder and push it slowly until fixes into place.
- Ensure proper placement and then close the cartridge access door.
- Print an alignment page to ensure proper replacement.
How to Connect HP Envy 5530 Printer to Computer?
The HP Envy 5530 printer can be connected to the PC using a wired connection. The printer operates on the USB interface to establish a wired connection.
- Enable the power supply to the printer by using the power cord.
- Power up the computer and insert the installation CD.
- Ensure that the paper and cartridges are loaded in the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer.
- If you do not have an installation CD, download the driver and software according to the computer OS.
- Initiate the driver and software installer on the computer by running the setup file.
- Enter the essential data on the first prompt and continue.
- When a connection page prompts, connect the printer and computer using a USB cable and select the wired connection option.
- Carry on with the on-screen instructions to set up the connection.
- Click on the Finish option to complete the setup.
- Print a test page to ensure complete installation.
How to Update HP Envy 5530 Printer Firmware?
The firmware assists the printer to function properly with a personal device. The HP Envy 5530 firmware requires frequent updates to keep the printer updated with the latest technology.
- Switch ON the computer by connecting the power cord.
- Connect the printer and computer either through a wired or wireless connection.
- Open the web browser and type 123.hp.com in the address bar.
- Search for HP Envy Printer series on the homepage.
- Opt HP Envy 5530 by clicking on it.
- Select the Download Driver option to view the downloadable files.
- Choose your operating system in the OS selection box.
- Choose the latest 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer firmware update from the firmware drop-down list.
- Select the download option and wait for the file to download on your computer.
- Run the downloaded installer to install the update.
HP Envy 5530 Troubleshooting
The HP Envy 5530 printer may come across various issues that can be resolved with a series of simple steps called troubleshooting. The troubleshooting procedure will enable the end user to resolve the issue without the need for a technical expert. The process is available for common problems such as the paper jam, ink cartridge issues, printhead issues and so on.
Why HP Envy 5530 Not Printing?
The printing error might occur on the HP Envy 5530 printer which can be resolved by using these steps.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on or use the power button to turn it ON
- Check if the printer is offline. Use the control panel to bring it online.
- Check the estimated ink levels from the printer software on your computer.
- Replace dry or problematic ink cartridges.
- Remove the paper jam if any.
- Disconnect the power cord while the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer is switched ON to reset it.
Why HP Envy 5530 Printer is Offline?
The HP Envy 5530 printer encounters an offline issue due to certain technical conditions. Use these steps to resolve it.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor (Only on Windows OS) to diagnose and resolve the issue.
- Reset the printer and its HP Envy 5530 Setup.
- Open the settings option in the computer to make the HP Envy 5530 printer the default printing device.
- Try connecting your printer to a different network or use a different USB cable.
- Download and install the latest firmware.
- Uninstall and Re-install the printer driver and software.
How to Clear HP Envy 5530 Paper Jam?
Improper paper stacking, use of low-quality paper, debris in the feeder roller are some of the paper jam causes in the printer.
- Locate the part where the jam has occurred.
- Use both hands to pull out the paper from the jammed area gently.
- Ensure that the power cord is disconnected while the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer is ON.
- Open the cartridge access door to remove any debris or tiny pieces by using a lint-free cloth.
- Use a similar cloth to clean the rollers present inside the printer to remove the dust or debris.
- Close all the parts before reconnecting the power cord.
Why HP Envy 5530 Not Copying?
The HP Printer copying error can be resolved by using this procedure.
- Ensure that the printer is powered ON.
- Check for proper placement of the document on the scanner glass.
- Cancel all other print jobs in the queue.
- Make sure paper is available in the Input Tray.
- Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor app to resolve the issue automatically in a Windows computer.
- Check if the cartridges are installed properly in the printer.
Fix Wireless HP Envy 5530 Setup Issue
The wireless connectivity issue in the HP Envy 5530 printer is resolved by following the steps.
- Check if the printer is turned ON.
- See to that the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer is connected to a wireless network access point.
- Tap on the Wireless icon and proceed to open the Settings Tab.
- Navigate to the Print Wireless Test Report option or choose the Display Network Configuration option.
- Check if the configuration details of the HP Envy 5530 Setup are the same as that of the network point connected with the personal device.
- Switch off the additional network router and try reconnecting.
HP Envy 5530 Scan to Computer Not Working
The scan to computer feature will not work when the function is accidentally disabled. Utilize these steps to resolve it.
- Ensure that you have the HP Envy 5530 driver and software installed on your computer.
- Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor app to resolve the problem after an automatic diagnosis if the computer operates on the Windows OS.
- Open the printer software on the computer to launch HP Printer Assistant.
- Click on the Manage Scan to Computer option.
- Enable the option if it is disabled.
- Choose the Automatically Start Scan to Computer option to permanently enable it.
HP Envy 5530 Alignment Page Not Detected
The alignment page is used to check for the proper alignment of the printhead. The alignment page issue can be solved using this procedure.
- Load enough paper in the Input tray.
- Make sure you insert only compatible paper in the printer.
- Check for the problematic or dry ink cartridges and replace them.
- Clean the cartridge nozzle and printhead.
- Align the cartridges by using the alignment tool.
- Reset the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer and try printing again.