Instant HP Envy 4500 Setup
The HP envy 4500 printer is cost-effective and supports USB, wireless and Wireless Direct connection. It provides excellent draft print and is easy to use. Printing, scanning and copying are the basic functions of the printer. The printer supports borderless printing and various other mobile printing solutions. The input tray can handle 50 sheets of paper and the output tray has a paper capacity of 20 sheets. Envy 4500 printers are durable and provide professional quality printouts. The printer is compact in size and is available at an affordable rate. Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet is the printing method used. The print speed is 7 pages per minute (ppm) for black ink and 4 ppm for colored ink. The two-sided printing option is available on the printer’s control panel.
How to Setup HP Envy 4500 Printer?
- The setup process involves unboxing, connecting the power cable, loading papers, ink cartridge installation,and initialization of basic settings.
- Open the printer’s box. The CD to install the driver and software is provided.
- The manual to guide the user about the various processes of the printer is given.
- Take the printer out from the box and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the tapes present on it and set them aside for recycling.
- HP Envy 4500 Setup the power cord’s one end to the rear of the printer and the other to the wall outlet.
- Select your Language and the name of your country or region on the printer’s control panel and press OK.
- Open the input tray, place plain papers into it and push the tray inside.
- Install the ink cartridges and follow the instructions on the printer’s control panel to start the cartridge alignment.
- The hp envy 4500 printer setup gets complete after the alignment page gets printed.
HP Envy 4500 Driver
The hp envy 4500 driver is a software which converts and controls the data to be printed to a form which is specific to the printer. The driver must be installed, if not, it may lead to issues in the printer. There are two types of drivers. The full feature driver includes a complete set of software that are required for the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer. The basic driver performs the basic functions of the printer. It enables the hardware devices to work with the computer’s operating system. The driver can be downloaded free of cost.
HP Envy 4500 Manual
The manual, also called as the user guide is a technical document that provides procedures for the user on how to operate the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer. It addresses the specific aspect of a product. The troubleshooting section available in the manual provides solutions to frequent issues that occur in the printer. The manual gives a step by step procedure on how to access the printer. It gives essential information for the user to operate the printer. The hard copy of the manual is provided in the shipment box. The soft copy can be downloaded directly from 123.hp.com/setup 4500.
How to Download HP Envy 4500 Software?
- The hp envy 4500 software is necessary to carry out the basic functions of the printer.
- There are two methods through which the driver can be installed.
- The first method is using the installation CD provided with the printer.
- Ensure that your PC or laptop has a disc drive in it. Place the CD into the drive.
- A set of files appear. Enable the AutoPlay feature to display the set of files automatically.
- If the driver is outdated or for latest versions of the driver, download it directly.
- Before downloading the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer driver, ensure there is enough storage space on your computer. If not, the driver cannot be downloaded.
- Do not turn OFF your computer while the download is in progress. The download process depends upon the speed of your internet.
How to Install HP Envy 4500 Software?
- After the driver download is complete, the next step is to hp envy 4500 install it.
- Locate the file in the Downloads folder. Double-click the setup file to commence the installation process.
- The setup file format is .exe for Windows and .dmg for Mac. Based upon your requirements, install the full feature driver or the basic driver.
- Agree to the Terms and conditions. Make the required changes which are necessary and click OK to save the settings.
- Choose the mode of connection as wired or wireless when prompted by the installer.
- Go with the instructions given on screen and click Finish to complete the installation process.
- Check if your printer’s name appears in the list of available printers. If not uninstall and reinstall the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer software.
- Try doing a test print. For any issues regarding driver download, contact our technical support team.
HP Envy 4500 Setup on Mac
- The recently launched Mac devices do not have a CD drive. The steps to setup and download the 123.hp.com/envy4500 driver for your Mac is listed below.
- Use a different system to copy the contents of the CD to a USB drive.
- After copying the contents, insert the USB into the system’s drive. Check if the set of files appear on the system.
- The setup file extension is .dmg. If the CD is misplaced or for an updated driver, download it.
- After downloading the driver, double-click the setup file to begin the installation process.
- Change the settings if necessary and click OK. Click the Custom option to avoid downloading unwanted files.
- Install the driver by going with the instructions on screen and click Finish to complete the installation process.
- Click the + button to add your printer’s name to the print queue.
- Click the name of your printer from the list of printers and do a test print.
HP Envy 4500 Printer Assistant
- The HP Printer Assistant is a printer management software that is included in the full feature driver. The HP Printer Assistant is not supported for Mac devices.
- Using the Printer Assistant software, you can perform the printer related tasks like scanning photos and documents, checking the ink or toner levels and more.
- To download the HP Printer Assistant, turn ON the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Download the software.
- To change the operating system, click the Change option and select your version.
- Click the Change button again. Click Download under the Driver heading.
- Choose the Typical or Recommended type of installation when prompted by the installer.
- To check if the Printer Assistant Settings is installed, double-click on your printer’s icon.
- The HP Printer Assistant software opens if it is installed properly.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Setup
- Obtain the network name and password.
- Turn ON the printer, router and the computer.
- Check if your computer is linked to to the same network that the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer is connected to.
- Disconnect any USB cables that are connected.
- Keep the printer and the computer within the range of the router.
- Press the Wireless button and the minus (-) button on the printer’s control panel.
- Scroll down to find the Wireless Setup Wizard, select it and press the OK button.
- Click on the down arrow, select the name of your network and click the OK button.
- Enter the password when prompted. Click Done and press OK button to confirm the name and password.
- The printer gets HP Envy 4500 Setup to the wireless network.
HP Envy 4500 Ink Replacement
- Check the ink levels and replace the cartridges if the ink levels are low or empty.
- Turn ON the printer and lift the scanner lid.
- Open the cartridge access door, the cartridge moves to the access area.
- Wait till the cartridge is silent. Lift and gently push the lid on the cartridge slot.
- Remove the old cartridge from its slot. Take the brand new cartridge from their package and pull the tab to remove the tape present on it.
- Hold the cartridge in a way such that the contacts face the back of the printer.
- Slide the cartridge into its slot and push it until it snaps into place.
- Close the lid on the cartridge slot. Redo the above steps to fit the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door and the scanner lid.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the printer’s control panel to print the alignment page.
How to Load Paper on HP Envy 4500?
- When you HP Envy 4500 Setup a new cartridge, the printer prompts you to load papers into the paper tray.
- Load the papers to complete the cartridge alignment process.
- Make sure you do not load wrinkled or scrambled papers in the tray.
- Open the input tray door and pull it towards you to extend it.
- Pull the paper tray extender gently and lift the paper catch.
- Push the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Load plain papers in the input tray with the short edge of the paper facing forward.
- Push the tray until it reaches into place.
- Glide the paper width guides so that they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Push the input tray in the forward direction until it clicks into place.
HP Envy 4500 Airprint Iphone
AirPrint is a feature that is available in Apple devices and iOS operating system, that enables printing through a wireless LAN network. It allows you to carry out printing functions in a simple way. The AirPrint helps you create high-quality printouts without the need to download or install 123.hp.com/envy4500 drivers. For printing through AirPrint, ensure that your printer supports this feature. The printer and the AirPrint enabled device must be HP Envy 4500 Setup to the same wireless network. If your printer is already connected to the computer through a USB cable, then use Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct. The AirPrint technology need not be installed or configured on your printer.
How to HP Envy 4500 Print from Phone?
- The HP Smart application can be used to perform printing or scanning functions on Android or Apple devices.
- Download and install the HP Smart app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (Apple).
- After installation, open the app and touch Start.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Touch Continue and tap the + button to add your printer to the network.
- Ensure that your phone and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Open the app and touch Print Photos -> Print Documents else select the cloud storage or social media account.
- Locate the file to be printed on your mobile, social media or cloud storage.
- Click on the document or photo you want to print. A preview screen of the document or photo appears.
- Touch the Print option and get your document printed.
How to Print on HP Envy 4500?
The procedures on how to print from a USB or wireless connected printer are listed below.
- Click on the file you want to print.
- Open the file so that it appears on the computer’s screen.
- Press the Ctrl and P buttons on your keyboard simultaneously.
- The printing pop-up menu appears on the computer’s screen.
- Click the name of your printer that want to send the file to.
- Modify the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer print settings if necessary.
- Select the Print option to send the document or photo to the printer’s print queue.
- Wait until the print job gets complete.
How to Print on Cardstock HP Envy 4500?
The HP printers can handle a variety of paper types and sizes. The card stock paper can be fed in any tray according to the printer’s type.
- Before assigning a print job to the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer, ensure that you choose the correct paper type.
- Load the card stock paper in the main input tray.
- Select the appropriate paper type in the Paper Handling or Tray Settings menu.
- Open the document you want to print. Click File and select the Print option.
- Click the Properties or Print Properties option depending upon what gets displayed.
- Select the Paper, Paper/Quality or Features tab and click the Paper type option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Card Stock or Heavy Paper option. Else, choose the exact weight of your card stock paper from the drop-down list.
- Select OK, change the print settings if required. Click the Print option.
HP Envy 4500 How to Scan?
To HP Envy 4500 Setup the scanning function, install the full feature driver and select the option which includes the HP Scan software.
- Place the document or photo down on the scanner glass and close the scanner lid.
- For printers with a Scan button or a touchscreen with a Scan menu: Select the name of your computer and a scan type job if prompted.
- Wait for the scan to complete and return to the computer screen.
- Select the file with Scan in its name to view the scanned file.
- For printers that do not have a scan button: Open the HP Printer Assistant software.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo option, the HP Scan software opens.
- Make edits to the scanned document like color, resolution.
- Click the Save icon or the OK button to save the settings.
Easy HP Envy 4500 Setup for Scan to Computer
To scan from your Windows 8 or 10 computer, use the HP Scan and Capture application.
- HP Envy 4500 Setup the HP Scan and Capture app from the Microsoft store. Turn ON the printer.
- Keep the document or photo down on the scanner glass. If your printer supports the ADF feature, use it to scan multiple pages simultaneously.
- On Windows, search for scan and capture and open the Scan and Capture app from the results.
- Click the menu icon and choose Settings. Click Select Device and select the name of your printer.
- Select Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options to make edits to the scanned image.
- Click outside the Settings menu. Select the Capture Documents or Capture Photos option.
- Click the Save icon after the scan job is complete.
- The Save As Window opens, the scanned file gets saved to a folder.
HP Envy 4500 Scan Multiple Pages into One Document
The HP Scan software allows you to save multiple pages or photos into one PDF file. Follow the steps mentioned below to complete the setup.
- Ensure that you install the Adobe Reader software on your computer.
- Set the resolution to 300 DPI or even lower. In Windows, search for HP and click the model of your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer.
- Open the Printer Assistant software and select the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- The HP Scan software opens, click Save as PDF to scan the file.
- If you have scanned multiple pages from the ADF, click the Save option to save all the pages into one file.
- For HP Envy 4500 Setup printer scanning through the scanner glass, load the next item and press the + button in the Scan software preview window to scan the next page.
- Repeat the steps to scan all the pages and click the Save option.
- In the Save As Type menu, ensure that PDF format is selected and click Save.
How Do I Connect to HP Envy 4500?
The printer can be connected to other devices like a computer, laptop, or mobile phone. The connection can be established by wired or wireless mode. Check what mode of connection your printer supports. For wired connectivity, it can be established through a USB cable or Ethernet. In wireless connection, broadband internet access such as cable or DSL is recommended. You can also establish the connection through Wi-Fi Direct. To connect the printer and your phone, there are several mobile printing solutions like ePrint, AirPrint, use them. After the connection is established between the printer and your device, perform various functions like printing, scanning and copying.
How to Connect HP Envy 4500 Printer to Computer?
The connection between the printer and the computer can be established using the USB cable. Follow the procedures provided below.
- Before setting the HP Envy 4500 Setup, delete any previously installed printer versions from your computer.
- Install the full feature driver to enjoy the most supported features from a USB connected printer.
- Turn ON your printer and ensure that it is in a ready state. Obtain a USB cable of less than 3 meters in length.
- Disconnect any previously connected USB cable and do not connect it until prompted during the installation process.
- When the driver is installed, select the mode of connection as USB.
- Plug one end of the USB cable to the port available on your computer and the other end to your printer.
- Do not connect the USB to the hub or docking station since the printer might not receive enough power to function.
- After completing the setup, perform a test print.
How to Connect HP Envy 4500 Printer to Laptop?
The Wi-Fi Direct is a printing option available in most of the HP wireless printers. Connect your printer and laptop through the local Wi-Fi network and not through the guest network.
- To HP Envy 4500 Setup your Wi-Fi Direct on your laptop (Windows 10, 8.1), make sure that your printer is turned ON.
- Load enough plain papers in the input tray.
- In the Device settings option, open the list of printers.
- For Windows 10: Click Start -> Settings. Select Devices and click the Printers & Scanners option.
- In Windows 8.1: Click Devices on the Charms menu. Select the Add a printer or scanner option.
- Click on the printer with DIRECT in its name. Select the Add Device option to open the WPS PIN window.
- Depending upon the printer model, the WPS PIN gets displayed on the printer’s control panel or a page with a PIN might get printed.
- Return to your Laptop, enter the PIN and click Next to complete the connection.
How to Reset HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer?
- Resetting the HP Printer can help resolve software problems or errors that appear on the printer’s control panel.
- Check if your printer is switched ON and disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer (if connected).
- Open the access door of the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer cartridge and remove the cartridges from its slot.
- Close the access door and wait until the ‘Insert Ink Cartridges’ message appears on the printer’s control panel.
- Remove the power cord which is present at the back of the printer. Wait for 60 seconds and reconnect the power cord to the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer. Press the power button.
- Lift the cartridge access door and reinsert the ink cartridges.
- Close the cartridge door and reconnect the USB cable.
- The reset process for your hp envy 4500 printer is complete.
HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting
The various errors that occur on the printer are solved by the process of troubleshooting. A separate troubleshooting section is available in the manual. Refer to the user guide to solve the printer issues. download the manual directly from our website or contact our technical support team. We provide solutions for various problems like errors in the ink cartridge, network scanner connection error, setup, driver, and many more. Update the firmware regularly and use genuine ink cartridges for your HP Envy 4500 Setup printer. Clean the electrical contacts since dirty contacts may lead to faults in the electrical connection.
Why HP Envy 4500 Printer is Offline?
- The printer offline status message gets displayed on the computer’s screen and the printer does not perform the printing function.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool created specifically to solve the printer offline condition.
- Open the tool, click Start and select the name of your printer from the list.
- Click the Fix Printing option and check if the issue is resolved. If not, reset the printer.
- If your printer is connected through a wireless connection, reboot the router and ensure that the internet connection is stable.
- Ensure that your printer is set as the Default printing device. Try updating the firmware to resolve the issue. Uninstall and reinstall the software.
Why HP Envy 4500 Printer Not Printing?
- Ensure that you have loaded a sufficient amount of plain papers in the input tray.
- Do not place wrinkled or folded papers as it may affect the printing process.
- Make sure that you have HP Envy 4500 Setup cartridges that are compatible with your printer.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, check for error messages on the printer’s control panel and solve the issues by following the on-screen instructions.
- Ensure that the printer is not in offline mode. The print spooler instructs the printer to perform print jobs.
- Restart the print spooler and clear the print queue. Check the power connection and reset the printer. Try to print a test report and ensure if the issue is resolved.
Why 123.hp.com/envy4500 Cartridge Won’t Move?
- Press the power button on your printer and open the cartridge access door. With the printer turned ON, disconnect the power cord from it.
- Check if any paper is restricting the cartridge from moving and remove them.
- Move the cartridge manually in the cartridge access area. Remove any papers that are preventing the cartridge to move.
- Now, check if the cartridge can move freely by gently pushing it in the left and right direction.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door and re-establish the HP Envy 4500 Setup by connecting the power cord at the back of the printer.
- Press the power button and touch OK to clear any messages that appear on the printer’s control panel.
How to Solve HP Envy 4500 Alignment Failed Issue?
- The ‘Alignment failed’ error message appears on the printer’s control panel.
- The alignment may fail if you place used or color paper in the tray.
- Load white sheets of plain paper in the main input tray. Slide the paper width guides until it reaches the edges of the paper.
- Replace the cartridges if the ink levels are low or empty. Press Setup on the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer’s control panel.
- Press the right arrow button until the Tools option gets displayed and press the OK button.
- Click the right arrow button. When the Align Cartridge option appears, select the OK button. Wait until the alignment page gets printed.
- hp envy 4500 error code 0x83c0000a – (quick solution (6 steps (60 words))
- The error codes might get displayed on the computer’s screen or the printer’s control panel.
- Check if you have connected the power cord to the power bar strip. If so, disconnect it and plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- If you connect through the bar or strip, the printer might not receive enough power to operate.
- This issue may persist if the drivers are not updated periodically. For the latest version of the driver, download it.
- Disconnect the USB cable and remove the ink cartridges. Reinsert the cartridges into the slot.
- Print a calibration page if prompted. If the HP Envy 4500 Setup printer issue persists, contact us.