Solution for HP Envy 5531 Setup
The HP Envy 5531 printer is designed for home and domestic use. Connect the printer to a network using a wired or wireless network. Use the Borderless printing option to print without margins. Print lab-quality photos or documents from the printer using original ink cartridges. Use Wi-Fi Direct or mobile printing solutions to print from your mobile device. This Energy Star certified printer that conserves power up to 50%.
How to Setup HP Envy 5531 Printer?
- Use the power cable of the printer to establish the power connection.
- Insert one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to the wall socket.
- Turn on the printer. Pull the input tray to insert plain sheets of paper into it.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of the package. Tear the protective tape on top of it.
- Insert the ink cartridge into its slot. Redo the same procedure for other cartridges also.
- After the printer prints an alignment page, HP Envy 5531 Setup the printer driver on the system.
- Connect the printer to a network after installing the printer driver.
HP Envy 5531 Driver
The printer supports two types of the driver such as the full feature driver and basic driver. The full feature driver supports all the latest features of the printer. The basic driver supports the basic functions of the 123.hp.com/envy5531 printer. The driver should be compatible with the printer model and version of the operating system. Update the printer driver periodically to avoid bugs.
HP Envy 5531 Manual
The user manual offers support to its customers as it contains the setup, connection and troubleshooting procedures as instructions and pictures. It is the best companion for users who are unaware of how to use the features of the printer. Use the manual as a soft copy as well as hard copy. Get the hard copy in the HP Envy 5531 Setup printer’s shipping box. Download the manual from our website for a soft copy.
How to Download HP Envy 5531 Driver?
Download the printer driver for Windows and Mac system free of cost on our website. The steps for download process is mentioned below.
- Download the printer driver from our website. Click the link on this website.
- Check if the printer driver supports the printer model and version of the operating system.
- The setup file for the Windows and Mac system varies.
- Click the setup file with a .exe extension for a Windows system.
- Select the setup file with a .dmg extension for a Mac system.
- In some instances, the setup file gets downloaded in the zip format.
- Extract the file in the zip format and save it on your destination folder.
How to HP Envy 5531 Setup Driver?
Check the method to install the driver on the Windows and Mac system using the steps by steps instructions mentioned below.
- HP Envy 5531 Setup the driver on your system after downloading it.
- Locate the setup file on the Downloads folder of the Windows system.
- Double-click the file to initiate the installation process.
- Choose the connection type based on the printer features.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions displayed on the computer screen.
- After installing, view the printer name on the list of available devices.
- Click the + sign to add the printer’s name to the Mac system.
HP Envy 5531 Wireless Setup
Wireless connection is a secure method of connecting the printer to the network. Use the steps below for the connection process.
- To a wireless network, connect the 123.hp.com/envy5531 printer using the network name and password.
- Get the initial password from the rear of a router or on the paperwork of Internet Service Provider.
- Connect the system to the network with a stable internet access.
- Check if the printer and the system are connected to the same network.
- Move the printer and the system close to the router for a better signal strength.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard to HP Envy 5531 Setup the printer to the wireless network.
- Click the Wireless Setup Wizard located under the Setting menu on the printer’s control panel.
- View the list on the wireless summary screen. Choose the network name from it.
- Type the password to establish the network connection.
HP Envy 5531 AirPrint Setup
AirPrint is a built-in mobile solution available in recently launched Apple Devices. Follow the steps below for the printing process.
- AirPrint is a mobile printing solution available on all mobile devices.
- It is inbuilt for Apple iOS 4.2 and later OS. Use the solution for a compatible printer.
- Connect the printer and the Apple device to the same wireless network.
- Turn on the Apple device and the printer. Choose the document or photo you need to print.
- Select the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Make required changes to the print settings such as paper size, paper type or the number of copies.
- Click Print to start printing from HP Envy 5531 Setup printer.
HP Envy 5531 Ink
Ink cartridge is a necessity for the printer. The HP Envy 5531 printer contains two ink cartridges-black and tri-color cartridges. The cartridge can be distinguished using the cartridge number. Refer to the cartridge number on the user manual. The number varies based on the country/region. Use a compatible and genuine one for obtaining quality printouts.
How to Check HP Envy 5531 Ink Level?
There are various ways to check the ink level of the printer for Windows and Mac systems. Use the steps below to check the estimated ink level.
- Use the printer software installed on the system to check the cartridge level.
- Utilize the HP Solution Center to check the cartridge level.
- Turn on the printer. Type HP on the search tab of the Windows system.
- Click the printer icon to open the HP Solution Center.
- The estimated ink level gets displayed on the home screen of the software.
- Use the HP Utility to check the ink level for a Mac system.
- Click System Preferences under the Apple icon. Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose the Printer name → Options and Supplies. View the printer on the screen.
Easy Print HP Envy 5531 Setup
Printing is the fundamental feature of the printer. Proceed with the steps below to print from the HP Envy 5531 Setup printer.
- Insert plain paper into the input tray.
- Open the document or photo you need to print on an application.
- Click the File menu located on the left corner of the screen.
- Select the Print option. Choose the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Click Properties to navigate to the advanced settings.
- Choose the number of copies. Click Print to start the printing process.
- Get the printed sheet on the output tray.
HP Envy 5531 How to Scan?
Scanning is the convertion a paper document into a digital one. It can be done from the 123.hp.com/envy5531 printer’s control panel or by using the software on the system. Install the full feature driver to avail additional features of the scan on the system.
HP Envy 5531 Scan to Computer
- Load a photo or document on the scanner glass along the paper guides on the scanner glass.
- Use the Automatic Document Feeder tray to insert multiple pages document.
- Do not insert photos as it may damage the printer.
- On the HP Envy 5531 Setup printer’s control panel, press the scan button to start scanning.
- Make the necessary changes to the settings on the control panel. Choose the printer name.
- Press the Scan or OK option to initiate the scan process.
- If the scan button is unavailable, use the Scan software for the process.
How to Reset HP Envy 5531 Printer?
Resetting the printer is carried out when the printer encounters an issue.
- Use the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Detach the power and USB cables from the printer’s rear.
- After a while, reconnect them to the printer.
- Check if the print settings are restored to its default one.
- Utilize the up and down arrows to set the date/time and country/region.
- Click the OK option to save the necessary changes on the printer’s control panel.
- The printer is now reset. Press the Power and resume button for five seconds to restore the default settings.
HP Envy 5531 Troubleshooting
The printer encounters various kinds of issue. The primary step to be followed when the printer faces any problem is resetting the HP Envy 5531 Setup printer. The different types of printer issues and its solutions are given below. Go through the solutions on our website to resolve most issues.
HP Envy 5531 Carriages Stuck
Check the factor for the carriage stuck issue and fix it using the solutions given below.
- Check if any foreign objects block the carriage movement.
- Remove the objects if any.
- If the carriage gets stuck to the left of the printer, move it to the right.
- If the carriage gets stuck in the right of the printer, move it to the left.
Why HP Envy 5531 Not Scanning?
If the 123.hp.com/envy5531 printer is not scanning, make use of the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Push the Power button to switch the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle before proceeding.
- Detach the power cord from the printer with the printer turned on.
- Refrain from proceeding for at least 10 seconds.
- Replug the power cable to the printer’s rear.
- Switch on the printer.
How to Solve HP Envy 5531 Printer Offline Issue?
An improper communication between the HP Printer and the system may lead to the printer offline issue. Follow the steps to solve this issue.
- Set the currently used printer as default one.
- Check whether the HP Envy 5531 Setup printer is set in the offline mode.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and software.
- Update the printer driver and firmware on the system.
- Deactivate the firewall for a while.
- Ensure that the printer is not in the sleep mode.
- Verify if the printer is correctly connected to the system.
HP Envy 5531 Stuck on Printing Alignment Page Screen
Alignment issue may occur on the HP Envy 5531 printer. Use the solutions to resolve the issue.
- Switch off the printer. Unplug the power cable from the HP Envy 5531 printer’s rear.
- Wait for 30 seconds. Connect the power cable to the rear of the printer.
- Utilize the right arrow to move to the Configure option.
- Click Tools. Select the clean Print head option.
- Select the Align printer option to start the aligning process.
HP Envy 5531 Not Printing
Varius factors affect the printing issue. Resolve the issue based upon the solutions given below.
- Check the power connection between the printer and the wall socket.
- For a wired HP Envy 5531 Setup, check if the Ethernet cable is connected properly.
- For a Wireless connection, verify if the wireless light is stable.
- Insert plain papers into the input tray.
- Examine if the ink level of the cartridge is low. If so, replace it with a new one.
- Check the ink level periodically.
HP Envy 5531 Not Printing Wirelessly
Improper connection of the printer to the wireless network may lead to the printing issue.
- Connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network.
- Do not connect the system to a private network.
- Move the printer and the system close to a router for a better signal strength.
- Disable the Airplane mode for a while to detect the surrounding networks.
- Set the frequency band to 2.4 GHz in the router.
- Connect the printer to another network and then print.
How to Clear HP Envy 5531 Paper Jam?
- Take the jammed paper out of the input tray.
- Use a flashlight to check for jammed papers inside the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper from the interior of the printer.
- Check if the carriage moves across the printer.
- Reconfigure the HP Envy 5531 Setup printer. Unplug the cables from the printer when it is turned on. After a while, reconnect them and turn it on.
Presnce of jammed paper inside the printer may lead to the issue.