Quick HP Envy 5532 Setup
Start printing professionally with the advanced HP Envy 5532 printer. The Printer Setup is a major source of printing documents or photos, producing copies, generating faxes, and printing wedding cards. The quality of the dense black & white prints is quite appreciable. The printer supports an excellent mobile printing facility. In addition to this, the HP ePrint app and AirPrint services provided by the printer makes it a preferred printer. The scan specifications of the printer has an optical resolution up to 1200 dpi. The printer supports multiple platforms such as Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and multiple Mac system as well. Best quality prints are produced when compatible ink cartridges are installed into the ink slots. The main paper tray capacity is up to 100 sheets and 30 photo sheets can be loaded. A secure digital memory card is supported by the printer but the printer does not support USB flash drives. Save up to 50% on printing papers with the automatic double-sided printing. Enjoy the freedom of wireless printing with the printer. You can scan and save your documents in multiple formats such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIF and more.
How to Setup HP Envy 5532 Printer?
- The HP Envy 5532 Setup process begins with unwrapping the series.
- Cut the insulation tapes with a pair of sharp scissors. Unfold the flaps of the box.
- Carefully hold the printer on both sides and lift it.
- Place it on a sturdy table with a clean surface. Make sure it is placed near an ample power source.
- Check if the printer parts and accessories such as power cords, cable, cartridges, USB cable, and Ethernet cord have reached you without damage.
- Stretch the power cable and remove the twain on it. Connect one end of it to the rear of the printer and the other end to a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button to switch on the printer. Connect it to a computer and set your preferences if prompted.
- Open the paper input tray. Neatly stack the original quality printing papers inside and close it.
- Unwrap the ink cartridges from its packing covers.
- Carefully shake them evenly to ensure a free flow of ink. Insert both the cartridges into its ink slot one after the other.
- Download the printer software on your computer. Initiate the download either with the HP Envy 5532 Setup CD that comes with the printer. Else, download it from this website. Print a test page to verify if the installation process was successful.
HP Envy 5532 Driver
The Driver ensures an error-free printing. It maintains a proper communication between the printer and its peripheral device. The printer driver can be downloaded for the Windows and Mac operating system. Find the driver download link here. Get the make and model number of your printer and download the compatible printer driver. You can also download the 123.hp.com/envy5532 driver from the installation disc that comes with the printer. Insert the installation CD on the CD-drive to download or save the driver files on your computer.
HP Envy 5532 Manual
The user manual of a printer is mandatory as it contains the necessary instructions about the printer. Download the manual. In short, this manual comprises of the instructions on unboxing, setup process, establishing power and network HP Envy 5532 Setup, setting preferences, loading & managing papers, troubleshooting guidelines, ink cartridge installation and more. A panel of printer experts work together to script this manual. It includes instructions, simplified diagrams and a pictorial representations of this printer.
Download HP Envy 5532 Printer Driver
A good printer driver maintains a proper communication with your printer. Go through the steps given below to download the printer driver.
- Switch on the printer. Connect it to your computer.
- Eject the CD drive from the computer. Carefully place the installation disc on the CD drive and push it inside.
- Choose the folder to download and save your driver set-up file.
- Right-click the driver file and select the Run as administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- Go by the on-screen instructions to complete the 123.hp.com/envy5532 driver installation.
- Download the driver software for your printer from this website.
- Get the make and model number of your printer and search for the compatible printer driver on the 123.hp.com/setup 5532 website.
- Download the file
Install HP Envy 5532 Printer Driver
After the driver download is complete, begin the HP Envy 5532 Setup process. Go with the steps that are given below to install the printer driver.
- After the driver is downloaded, initiate the installation of the printer driver.
- Switch on the printer. Connect your computer to the printer.
- Make sure that the printer and your computer is connected to the same network.
- Move the mouse cursor and double-click the driver download file.
- Select the .exe file from the computer’s Downloads location.
- Choose either of the options Run, Save or Cancel from the dialogue box that is prompted on the system’s screen.
- If you select the Run option, the file will be automatically installed on your computer. Choose the Save option, to complete the driver software download.
- Select the Cancel option to interrupt the print job. The full feature driver installation will result in a smooth performance of your printer.
HP Envy 5532 Wireless Setup
- Connect the printer to a power source.
- Switch on the printer and HP Envy 5532 Setup it to your computer.
- To begin with, press the Network Router button to switch on the router. Ensure that the wireless light remains stable.
- Get the network name and password of the printer.
- The network name for a Windows OS is (Service Set Identifier) SSID and the security password is WEP Key or WPA.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi feature of your computer. Connect both the computer & printer to the same network.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard option from the printer’s control panel. It displays the wireless connection.
- Click the Setup option and select Network Setup.
- Touch the Wireless Settings option and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.Start printing.
HP Envy 5532 Airprint Setup
The HP Envy 5532 printer can be connected to a Mac computer with the AirPrint set-up. Go through the steps given below to connect the printer using AirPrint.
- Connect your printer to the computer. Make sure that you download the compatible driver for your printer on the computer.
- Open the app from which you want to print. See to that that the printer supports the AirPrint app.
- Select the options Setup -> Network -> Wireless -> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to HP Envy 5532 Setup to your network.
- Open the document or photo that needs to be printed.
- Choose the number of copies.
- Tap Print.
- The AirPrint set-up supports iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
HP Envy 5532 Cartridges
The cartridges installed in the ink slots should be compatible with the printer and the type of ink that determines the quality of print. The HP Envy 5532 printer uses HP 61XL – 3 Black & 2 Color, HP 61XL Black Ink Cartridge High Yield (CH563WN), and LD Remanufactured High Yield Tri-Color Replacement Cartridge For HP 61XL Ink (CH564WN) are a few examples. Printer experts suggest you to always keep an eye on the ink levels of your printer. Find the ink icon on the printer’s control panel. It displays estimated ink levels of the cartridge. This icon displays a warning symbol if the ink level goes low. Replace the cartridge if an indicator light blinks. The HP printer software also estimates the ink level of the HP Envy 5532 Setup printer.
Check HP Envy 5532 Ink Level
It is important to check the estimated ink levels of your 123.hp.com/envy5532 printer to determine if the cartridge needs to be replaced. Proceed with the steps given below to address the issue.
- Check the printer management software to keep an eye on the ink level.
- See to that the printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- Open HP Solution Center to check the estimated ink level.
- Check the estimated ink level from the home screen. Find the estimated ink levels from the dialogue window that pops-up.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to check the ink level.
- Select the Start button. Click the option Next. From the top menu bar, click the option Printer. Select Supply Levels to view the ink level of your printer.
- You can check the estimated ink level of the cartridge from the HP Envy 5532 Setup printer’s control panel as well. Touch the Ink icon on the home screen.
- These ink level warnings are for planning purpose. Pre-plan your budget to purchase new ink cartridges and replace the old ones when required.
How to Change HP Envy 5532 Ink?
The HP Envy 5532 printer uses eminent ink cartridges that ensures best quality ink flow. If the cartridges have proper ink levels, the printer will print dense documents and crisp photos. Else, it ends up in messy printouts. The steps given below will explain the step-by-step instruction to replace the cartridges.
- To begin with, purchase new cartridges from the HP SureSupply freeware. Make sure that there is no ink leakage on the cartridges.
- Unwrap the packaging covers of the cartridges.
- Mildly shake them to ensure an even flow of ink. Make sure that you do not touch the copper-colored area to avoid ink stains.
- Switch on the HP Envy 5532 printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the carriage door to move to the center.
- Gently remove both the cartridges from the ink slot.
- Reinsert the new cartridges into its respective ink slot.
- Refer to the user guide for further guidance to replace the HP Envy 5532 Setup printer cartridge. You can also contact the dedicated call support team with the Toll-Free number which is given on this website for personalized support.
How to Print from HP Envy 5532 Printer?
Printing is a simple task. Load original quality printing papers in the paper input tray to enjoy the art of printing. You can print photos, quick forms, and envelops.
- Switch on the hp envy 5532 all in one printer and connect it to your computer.
- Load papers in the paper input tray. Make sure that you purchase original quality papers to ensure accuracy in printing.
- Gently move the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Open the HP printer software and click the option Print.
- From the list of printers, select your printer. Choose the option Printer set-up.
- Opt for the Layout tab. Select Portrait or Landscape orientation.
- Select either of the options Edit, crop, or change the quality of the paper before you print.Choose the Print on both sides option if you need to perform a HP Envy 5532 Setup printer duplex print.
- Select the Print option to confirm the changes.
HP Envy 5532 Scan
The HP Envy 5532 printer allows you to scan documents to your computer or memory card. The instructions given below will guide with the steps on how to scan your documents.
HP Envy 5532 How to Scan?
- Connect the printer to a power source. Press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the document or photo to be scanned on the scanner glass. Make sure that the scanner glass is free from specks of dust or dirt.
- Close the scanner glass.
- Connect the printer to your computer.
- Switch on the computer. From the Windows Start icon, select the option All Apps.
- Choose the option Scan from the 123.hp.com/envy5532 printer’s control panel. Also, select the computer that you want to scan from.
- Install the HP Scan and Capture App to fix the basic issues while scanning.
HP Envy 5532 Scan to Computer
Scan to computer feature is a vital feature exhibited by the HP Envy 5532 printer. Go through the step-by-step instructions given below to perform scan to computer.
- Switch on the printer and HP Envy 5532 Setup it to your computer.
- From the Windows Start icon, select the Start button.
- Select the options All Programs -> HP -> HP ENVY 5532 series.
- In the printer software, select the Print & scan option.
- Select the document or photo that needs to be scanned.
- Click on the Preview icon if required.
- Select Save after making the necessary changes.
- If connected to a wireless network, choose Scan to Computer to always scan your documents to your computer.
HP Envy 5532 Setup to Laptop
To connect your laptop to the printer, maintain a proper wireless connection. Follow the basic instructions given on this website to initiate a proper wireless connection.
- There are two ways to establish a wireless connection to the printer.
- It includes the WPS push method and the PIN method.
- Locate the WPS button on the printer’s control panel.
- Long press it for 3 seconds. Wait till the network light becomes stable and complete the wireless HP Envy 5532 Setup.
- Connect to a wireless network using the PIN method.
- Plug the cables and turn on the computer.
- Press the options Wireless and Information simultaneously to print the network configuration page.
- Find the WPS PIN.
- Open the system configuration utility software and enter the WPS PIN. Wait for a few seconds to establish the wireless network connection.
- Print a test page to verify if the printer is properly connected to your laptop.
How to Reset HP Envy 5532 Printer?
A factory reset of your printer will solve most of the basic issues of the printer. It restores the defaults settings of your printer. Go by the steps given below to reset your printer.
- Switch on the printer.
- Wait until the printer becomes idle.
- Detach one end of the power cord from the rear of the printer and the other end from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Open the HP Envy 5532 Setup printer’s control panel.
- Push and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons simultaneously to restore the original network settings of the printer.
- Wait for approximately five seconds, and release the buttons.
- Restart the printer to complete the factory reset process.
HP Envy 5532 Troubleshooting
The HP Envy 5532 printer is designed by the Hewlett-Packard company to perform error-free printing, copying, scanning, and faxing. Sometimes, like any other gadget, the printer starts throwing multiple errors. The basic troubleshooting steps for fixing those issues with the printer is listed on this website. Go through the steps to fix most printer issues. Download the user manual given on this website for further guidelines. You can also reach us through the toll-free number given in our website.
HP Envy 5532 Carriage Stuck
The printer carriage holds the ink cartridges in its place. Go through the steps given below to fix carriage jam issues with the HP Envy 5532 Setup printer.
- Unplug the Power button and open the carriage access door.
- Make sure that the carriage access door can move freely. Move the flaps up and down to ensure free movement.
- Check for torn pieces of printing paper stuck between the paper rollers.
- Hand-pick pieces of paper from the roller to clean them.
- Pull the paper tray out towards you. Take the printing papers out. Check for moist or curled papers. Remove them.
- Replace with genuine quality printing papers. Push the main input tray back into its position.
- Reconnect one end of the power plug to the rear of the 123.hp.com/envy5532 printer. Connect the other end to a wall outlet.
- Print a test page to verify if the issue with carriage access door is fixed. Else, install the HP Print and Doctor Scan tool which automatically fixes the issue.
Why HP Envy 5532 Not Scanning?
Go through the steps given below to fix the scanning issues with the printer.
- Download and HP Envy 5532 Setup HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the computer’s Downloads location.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Click the Start icon, and choose your printer. Click the option Fix Scanning.
- Clean the scanner glass with a soft linen cloth. Wipe off the specks of dust and dirt from the glass. Check for torn pieces of paper on the printer roller.
- Delete the old printer driver and download the updated software on your computer.
- Perform a hard reset of the printer. Try to initiate a test scan to check if the issue is resolved.
How to Solve HP Envy 5532 Printer Offline Issue?
The HP Envy 5532 printer sometimes goes to an offline mode. Go through the steps given below to fix this issue.
- To begin with, keep an eye on the network connection.
- Switch off the network router and wait for 30 seconds.
- Long press the router to re-establish the network HP Envy 5532 Setup.
- Perform a hard reset of the printer. Switch off the printer and the computer. Wait for 20 seconds and switch on the printer and your computer.
- Clear all the existing print jobs.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to diagnose issues with printing.
HP Envy 5532 Stuck on Printing Alignment Page Screen
Alignment issues with the 123.hp.com/envy5532 printer can reoccur multiple times. Go through the steps given below to fix the issue.
- Make sure that you use white clean printing papers.
- Reset the printing environment.
- Use authentic ink cartridges.
- Print an alignment page to examine if the issue is resolved.
- If the issue persists, check the estimated ink level.
- Clean the printhead. Wipe the printhead using a soft cloth. Ensure that there are no clogs or ink leakage.
Why HP Envy 5532 Not Printing in Black?
If your printer stops printing in dense black color, it can be quite frustrating. Go through the steps given below to fix the issue.
- To begin with, take the black ink cartridges out of its slot.
- Check for ink clogs. Wipe them with a soft cloth if required.
- Reinsert the cartridges.
- Switch on the HP Envy 5532 Setup printer. After 30 seconds, power on the printer. This hard reset will fix most of the printer issues. Run the HP Print and Doctor scan tool to diagnose the issue.
- Print a test page to verify if the issue is resolved. Else, clean the printhead.
- Switch on the printer and your computer. Set your system preferences if prompted. Keep an eye on the printer driver. Ensure that the printer software is not out-dated. Perform a firmware update on the printer.
HP Envy 5532 Not Printing Wirelessly
Sometimes the printer stops printing wirelessly. Go through the steps given below to fix the issue.
- Switch on the HP Printer.
- Long press the Wi-Fi Direct button and switch it off.
- Wait for 30 seconds and switch on the router. Make sure that the network router and the printer is kept in close proximity to avoid range issues.
- Reset the network defaults. Touch the option Restore Network Settings from the Home Screen. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Print a network configuration page to check if the issue is resolved.
- Download and HP Envy 5532 Setup the latest printer driver on your computer.
Why HP Envy 5532 Won’t Scan?
The following steps will explain how to fix the basic scan related issues of HP Envy 5532 printer.
- Load original quality printing papers on the scanner glass.
- Make sure that you place the document with the scan direction facing the scanner lid.
- Wipe the scanner glass with a soft linen cloth to avoid dust, debris, dirt, and paper.
- Select the Scan option. Tap the Preview option.
- Print a test page to verify if the issue is resolved. Else, download and run the HP Scan software.
- Unplug and re-plug the power cable from both ends. Make sure that a proper network connection is maintained between the printer and the router.
HP Envy 5532 Not Connecting to Computer
If the 123 hp setup envy 5532 printer do not connect to the computer, go through the steps given below to fix the same.
- Make sure that the printer and your computer is connected to the same network.
- Check if there is firewall issue with your network browser.
- Restore the network settings.
- Touch the Setup button. Choose the Wireless option. Select the Restore Network Defaults option.
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to automatically diagnose major issues with the printer.
- If your computer does not HP Envy 5532 Setup to the printer, ping the IP address of your network.