INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ARTISAN 730 SETUP
The Epson Artisan 730 printer is designed for creativity. If you are a creative thinker, then you will enjoy printing/scanning on this printer. Being a 4-in-1 printer, Epson Artisan 730 allows you to print, scan, copy, and photo print. With incredible performance and photo quality, you will get the most out of this printer. If you own this printer, continue reading the information given on this page to know more about the Epson Artisan 730 setup.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the Epson Artisan 730 printer setup, you can learn how to do it with the steps given below.
How to do an unboxing?
- Start by unpacking the printer.
- Check the printer components.
- Take out the printer supplies and keep them away for later use.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Raise the scanner unit and then release the transportation lock.
- Lower the scanner unit and connect your Epson Artisan 730 setup to a power supply using the provided power cord.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Raise the printer control panel and select your language on the LCD.
How to install the ink cartridges?
- Lift the scanner unit and wait a few seconds.
- Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Remove the protective seals from the cartridges.
- Insert each cartridge into the holder and press the cartridges down until you hear the click sound.
- Lower the scanner unit and wait until the ink priming process gets completed.
How to load paper?
- Once you have completed charging ink, open the front cover.
- Pull the paper cassette out of your printer.
- Slide and lift the photo tray in the cassette.
- Slide apart the paper guides.
- Insert a paper stack after you fan the sheets well.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and lower the photo tray.
- Re-fix the cassette into the Epson Artisan 730 setup and extend the output tray.
- Remember to flip up the paper stopper.
How to install the printer software?
- Insert the provided CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive.
- Click Install or Continue to start the setup.
- Accept the license agreements in the setup wizard.
- Install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose one of the following options as your connection type.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
- Carry out the instructions in the setup wizard to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page and verify the printer functionality.
You have now learned how to complete the basic printer setup of your Epson Artisan 730 Setup.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 DRIVER
The driver for your Epson Artisan 730 printer is given on the CD-ROM. You can use it on your computer to install the printer driver. In case your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Epson site. Make sure that you identify your OS version before downloading the driver on your computer.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Downloading an Epson driver on Windows computers has become easier. Make sure to identify your Windows version before you move on to download the Epson Artisan 730 setup driver. Also, remove any previously installed Epson printer drivers before downloading the new one.
- To begin with, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the SearchBy Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Click the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and wait until your Windows OS version is detected.
- If your Windows version is not detected correctly, select the correct version from the Operating System drop-down menu and click the GO button.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- After completing the download, you can access the driver file from the Downloads section of your browser.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Type ‘Epson Artisan 730 setup‘ in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and check if your macOS version is detected.
- Choose the required driver from the available list and click the Download button to get the driver on your Mac.
- After completing the download, double-click the driver file in the browser to create a disk image on the desktop.
- Run the disk image and double-click the installer icon to start the driver installation wizard.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Epson Artisan 730 printer is provided along with your printer package. If the manual is not included in the package, click the Manual Download button on this page to get the manual on your computer. Alternatively, you can get the Epson Artisan 730 printer manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- First, launch the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click the Search button.
- Select the Epson Artisan 730 setup from the search result and expand the Manuals and Downloads tab.
- Choose the required manual from the available list and download it on your computer.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to download the manual on your computer.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 SCAN SETUP
The Epson Artisan 730 printer has a flatbed scanner to scan all your documents. Setting up the scanner is much simpler than you think. You can simply connect your scanner and computer via a USB cable and start scanning your document using the control panel buttons. To know more about the scanning feature, continue reading the instructions given on this page.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Turn on your printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
Connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
Verify if you have installed the correct printer driver on your computer.
Scanning using the printer control panel:
- Go to your Epson Artisan 730 setup control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose one of the following scan options and press the OK button.
- Scan to PC
- Scan to PC (PDF)
- Scan to PC (Email)
- Choosing the Scan to PC option saves your scan as a JPEG file to the connected computer.
- Selecting the Scan to PC (PDF) option scans your document as a PDF to the connected computer.
- Choosing the Scan to PC (Email) option will scan your original and attach it to an email message on your computer’s email program.
- After selecting the scan destination, choose how you have connected your printer and computer.
- If you have connected the devices via a USB cable, select the USB Connection option.
- Otherwise, select your computer’s name on the printer LCD.
- Finally, press the Start button to scan your document.
ong> EPSON ARTISAN 730 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
Start printing any document from your smartphone to your Epson Artisan 730 setup using the Epson iPrint app.
Downloading the app:
- On your Android phone, touch the Play Store icon on the home screen to open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Epson iPrint app in the Play Store app.
- Tap the Install button next to the Epson iPrint app.
- Wait until the download gets completed.
- You can now see the Epson iPrint icon on the home screen.
Adding Epson Artisan 730 to the Epson iPrint app:
- Before you begin, connect your printer and Android phone to your wireless network.
- On your Android phone, open the Epson iPrint app.
- Tap the Printer is not selected button at the top of the app.
- Select the Local tab and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Tap the Add button after selecting your printer.
- If your Epson Artisan 730 printer is not listed in the app, tap the Manual IP tab.
- Input your printer’s IP address in the required field and add your printer.
- Once you have added your printer to the Epson iPrint app, print a test page for verification.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 WIRELESS SETUP
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Turn on your Epson Artisan 730 setup, computer, and router.
- Place your printer close to your router to avoid connection errors during the wireless setup.
- Identify the wireless credentials, such as SSID and network key.
- Connect your computer to your wireless network using the correct wireless credentials.
Wireless setup using the printer control panel buttons:
- On your computer, run the driver installation wizard using the provided CD-ROM or the downloaded driver package.
- Accept the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- On the Select Setup Option screen, choose the Set up printer for the first time option and click Next.
- Select the Using printer buttons option and click Next.
- Now, go to your printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Setup option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose Wi-Fi/Network Settings –> Wi-Fi Setup –> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Wait for your Epson Artisan 730 setup to detect the nearby wireless networks.
- Select your SSID on the LCD and enter the network key.
- Next, press the OK button and wait until the printer is connected to your wireless network.
- When the printer LCD shows the confirmation message, select Yes to print a check report.
- After completing the wireless setup, print a test page from your computer.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint allows you to print from your iOS device to your printer without using any printer apps. However, the Epson Artisan 730 printer doesn’t support AirPrint and so you cannot perform the AirPrint setup.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 TROUBLESHOOT
Is your Epson Artisan 730 setup not working as expected? Issues can happen due to various causes. Identifying the actual cause might help you get rid of the issue. Sometimes, your printer might prompt false errors. In such cases, restart your printer. To know more about the Epson Artisan 730 troubleshooting, continue reading the instructions on this page. In case you are stuck in performing any troubleshooting steps, contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving them.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 IS NOT PRINTING
The printing issues are commonly found in most printers. They can happen due to problems ranging from minor to major. To fix the printing issues on your Epson Artisan 730 printer, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Firstly, check if your printer is turned on while sending the print job.
- If your printer is turned off, check the power cord and restart it.
- Next, make sure that your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Use the correct print media before printing your document.
- Check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Ensure that your Epson Artisan 730 setup status is not offline on your computer. If so, bring it back online.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Navigate to the Print dialog box and click the Preferences or Properties button.
- Check the print settings in the window that appears.
- Modify the required settings and save them.
- If the printing issue persists, reinstall the printer driver.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If your Epson Artisan 730 printer is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, check if it is placed closer to your router.
- Remove any gadgets near your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Ensure that you have disconnected the Ethernet or USB cable connected to your printer.
- Check the Wi-Fi status on the printer LCD or else by printing the network status sheet.
- If necessary, restart your printer and router.
- After a few minutes, reconnect your printer to your wireless network. For that, you can try the WPS Push Button method. This method is effective because it prevents you from making mistakes while entering the wireless credentials on the LCD.
- If your Epson printer is still not connecting to your wireless network, reset the wireless network settings and perform a clean boot.
- Try to connect your Epson Artisan 730 setup to your wireless network using other wireless connection methods.
EPSON ARTISAN 730 PAPER JAM
- If your printer shows the error message Paper Jam on the LCD, immediately turn off your printer and then unplug its power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Let your printer cool down for a while.
- With the printer turned off, check for the jammed paper in the following areas.
- Inside the printer
- Main tray
- Auto Duplexer
- If a paper is jammed inside your printer, remove it gently without damaging the internal parts.
- Clean the paper feed path and remove any paper bits.
- Restart your printer after reconnecting the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Check if the printer shows the Paper Jam error again.
- If the problem persists, look for the leftover paper bits or jammed paper inside the Epson Artisan 730 setup.
How to avoid getting the Paper Jam error in the future?
Always use printer-supported media for printing. Remember not to load the paper more than the maximum limit. Make sure not to adjust the paper guides tightly against the edges of the paper stack.