- Home »
- Epson Ec 4020 Setup
EPSON EC 4020 SETUP
Epson WorkForce Pro EC-4020 color is a multifunctional printer that is designed for a small work team. This printer uses the PrecisionCore 4S printhead 4-color (CMYK) drop-on-demand inkjet technology to perform the print operation. Steps for Epson Ec 4020 Setup are given below.
Quick and simple steps to set up Epson EC 4020 for the first time
- Open the product box and check whether a power cord and a set of genuine ink cartridges are provided along with the printer.
- Now, place the printer on a table and remove all the packing tapes surrounding the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- Press the Power button on your printer’s control panel to turn it on.
- Choose the desired language, country, and time.
- Now, unpack the ink cartridges. Before unpacking the cartridges, make sure to shake them.
- Raise the scanner unit of the printer.
- Install the cartridges into their slots.
- After installing the cartridges correctly, lower the scanner unit.
- Wait for the printer to charge the ink.
- Take your printer’s paper cassette completely out.
- Slide the paper width guides outwards.
- Load a stack of plain paper in the cassette.
- Move the edge guides against the paper.
- Insert the cassette back into the printer.
- If you wish to use this printer for the fax operation, then connect the telephone line cord to the printer and select Proceed to configure the fax settings.
- Install the printer driver on your computer to complete the setup.
- To perform the print operation from your mobile phone, use one of the following options: AirPrint, Epson Connect, Google Cloud Print, and Epson Print Enabler.
Epson Workforce Pro Ec 4020 Driver Download
- Locate and click the Driver Download button provided on this page.
- The Epson WorkForce Pro EC 4020 printer driver available for your current OS will be downloaded.
Epson Ec 4020 Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button provided on this page.
- Now, a soft copy of the Epson WorkForce Pro EC 4020 printer’s user guide will be downloaded on your computer.
Epson Ec 4020 Driver Mac
- Visit the official support page of your Epson printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- If required, choose the OS type as Mac from the drop-down menu.
- Select the driver that you wish to install on your Mac computer.
- Click the Download button beside the selected driver.
How To Connect The Printer Wireless?
- Make sure that you’ve completed the printer’s initial setup.
- Turn on your wireless router, computer, and printer.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network to which you are about to connect the printer.
- Now, press the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s home screen.
- Choose Wi-Fi (Recommended) > Start Setup or Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Now, a list of networks available within your printer’s range will be displayed on the screen.
- Select your wireless network from the list.
- Enter your network password in the given field.
- Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, begin the driver installation on your computer.
- Install the printer driver and finally print a test page.
Epson Ec 4020 Airprint
Using AirPrint on iOS
- Connect your iOS device and the Epson WorkForce Pro EC 4020 printer to the same wireless network.
- Make sure that your printer’s cassette has enough paper to perform the print operation.
- Now, on your iOS device, open the document you want to print.
- Tap the Share icon followed by AirPrint.
- Print the document by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson Workforce Pro Ec 4020 Troubleshooting
Some quick and simple solutions to resolve the Epson WorkForce Pro EC 4020 printer issues like printer not turning on, software installation problems, paper jam issue, printer not printing, and printer not connecting to Wi-Fi are discussed here. To get remote assistance on the same or any other printer issues, contact us.
Resolving the printer not turning on issue
- Check whether your printer’s power cord is connected securely to the electrical outlet.
- Make sure that you’re not using a damaged power cord.
- Try connecting the power cord to a different outlet.
- After connecting the power cord, hold down the printer’s Power button for a while.
- If the printer is still not turning ON, then unplug and re-plug the power cord into the printer.
Resolving the software installation problems
- Make sure that your Epson printer is turned ON.
- Check if the necessary cables are connected securely to the printer.
- Make sure that you’re installing the correct printer driver on your computer.
- Check whether your printer is set as the default printer. If not, set it as the default printer and then perform the software installation.
- If any error code or message is displayed on your printer’s LCD screen, identify it first, and then perform the necessary solutions to resolve it.
Resolving paper jam issues
- Usually, paper can jam in any part of the printer. The common areas where the paper jam could occur are in the paper cassette and the rear cover of the printer.
- As soon as the Paper Jam message is displayed on your printer’s LCD screen, restart the printer.
- After restarting the printer, if the same message is displayed on the screen, then look for the jammed paper in the paper cassette and the rear cover of the printer.
- Gently remove the jammed paper out of the printer.
- After removing the jammed paper, reload the paper in the cassette and then try a test print.
Printer “Not Printing” Torubleshoot
- Make sure that your Epson WorkForce Pro EC 4020 printer is turned ON.
- Check whether your printer and the computer or mobile phone are connected to the same wireless network.
- Make sure the Use Printer Offline option is disabled.
- Check if any print jobs are queued. If yes, wait for them to complete or cancel them and perform the current print operation.
- Re-add and reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
Printer Won’t Connect to Wifi
- Check whether the printer is placed within the range of your wireless router. If not, place the printer closer to your router.
- Make sure that your router is turned ON and configured correctly.
- Check if the signal strength of your wireless network is good. Connect any other device to the network and if you encounter the same issue, then the problem is with your network.
- Make sure that your computer’s firewall or antivirus software is not blocking the printer from connecting to the wireless network.
- Restart your router and the printer. After restarting, connect the printer to the wireless network. If the same issue persists, contact us.