INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 SETUP SETUP
Epson ET 4850 is an all-in-one wireless color printer. The Epson ET 4850 printer offers easy and super-fast printing. You can save up to 80% with low-cost replacement bottles. The cartridge-free printer offers high productivity, making it the perfect printer for your home or small office. Epson Ecotank Et 4850 setup is rated as one of the best wireless printers in the market compared to the other Epson ET printers.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
- The Epson ET 4850 printer
- Ink Bottles
- Power Cord
- Documentation sheets
- Installation CD
When it comes to setting up your Epson printer for the first time, you must follow a two-setup protocol.
- Unpack the Epson printer from the carton; place the printer on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body & discard them.
- Open the scanning unit.
- Remove the protective materials present inside (make sure not to touch the white cable present).
- You will notice the ink tank on the right side of the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup. Open the cover.
- Flip the cap to open the Black ink tank.
- Unpack the black ink bottle from the sealed packaging.
- Gently open the bottle.
- Place the nozzle into the black ink tank in an appropriate position.
- Fill the ink tank until it reaches the indicator level.
- Once done, close the bottles and keep them aside.
- Close the tabs for each of the ink tanks; close the ink tank cover.
- Unpack the power cord from the sealed packaging.
(Repeat the last couple of steps for the other ink tanks)
- Connect the power cord to the main power source and to the rear end of the printer.
- Raise the control panel; press the Power button to turn it on.
- Wait for the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup to charge the ink.
- Open the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Remove the packaging materials, if there are any.
- Slide the paper guide to the edge of the paper tray.
- Place a paper stack into the paper tray; adjust the paper guides accordingly (make sure the print side faces up).
- Push the paper tray into the printer.
- Pull out the paper output tray.
- Ensure that you select the proper paper settings before going with a print job.
- Connect the Fax cord to the telephone jack and to the LINE port of the Epson ET 4850 printer.
- If you wish to set up faxing for later, select Set Up Later on the display.
Software setup is essential to complete the setup process for Epson ET 4850. Since the printer does not come with an installation CD, you can download the driver from the official Epson support page.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Click the address bar and enter the URL for official Epson support.
- Search for Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup.
- Once the printer support page opens, click the Downloads tab.
- Click the Operating System drop-down list; select the operating system you are using.
- Click the GO button.
- Once the page refreshes, click the Recommended For You link.
- Click the Download button for Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer.
- The driver download is complete.
STEPS TO INSTALL THE DRIVER:
- Run the downloaded driver on your computer.
- Ensure not to connect the printer to the computer yet.
- Once the installer opens, follow the commands on the screen.
- When the connection screen opens, select the method of connection you want for the Epson EcoTank ET 4850 printer.
- Complete the entire setup procedure.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 DRIVER
You can download the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup driver to your computer and perform all kinds of tasks the printer supports with just a click away. There are two ways to download the printer driver to your computer. One way is to download the driver from this page, and another is to download from the official Epson support page.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Windows.
- The very next minute, the driver will be downloaded to your Windows computer.
- Here is one more method to download the printer driver for your computer. It’s from the Epson support page.
- Open the Epson support page for the Epson ET 4850 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and select Windows.
- Click the Recommended For You section and click the Download button for the driver.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 DRIVER FOR MAC
You can download the driver for the printer from this support page.
- Click the Driver Download button for Mac. The download will be initiated the very next second.
- If you wish to download the driver for Mac from the Epson support page, you can do so.
- Open the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup support page.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and click the Mac option.
- Expand the Recommended For You option and click the Download button for the driver.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On this very page, locate and click the Manual Download button.
- The user manual will be downloaded the very next second.
- You can also download the manual from the official Epson support page.
- On your browser, open the support page for the Epson printer.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Click the PDF icon for the User Manual option.
- Click the Download icon.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 SCAN SETUP
Before you perform a scan with the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup, ensure that the documents are properly placed.
Know to place the document on the scanner glass
- Open the document cover of the printer.
- Place the original document with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the document according to the edges and close the document cover.
Easily place the original document in the auto document feeder
- Open the ADF support from the top of the printer.
- Slide the ADF guide to the extreme corner.
- Gently fan out the paper stack to ensure there are no damages of any kind.
- Insert the stack with the printable side facing upwards.
- Adjust the ADF guide according to the edges of the paper.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Scanning a document to a computer is one of the simplest functions of the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup.
- Know to place the original document either on the scanner glass or in the auto document feeder.
- Once done, press the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Select Scan.
- Under Scan to, tap the Computer option.
- Select the Preview on Computer option.
- Follow the commands on the screen.
- Select either Save as JPEG or Save as PDF.
- The document will be scanned in the selected format to your Documents folder.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 WIRELESS SETUP
One of the easiest ways to connect the Epson ET 4850 printer to the wireless network is with the help of the WPS method. The WPS method works only if you have a router or an access point that comes with a WPS button.
- Press the Home button on the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup.
- Select the Wireless icon.
- When you see two options, Wi-Fi (Recommended) and Wi-Fi Direct, select the former.
- Select the Start Setup or Change Settings option.
- Tap the Push Button Setup (WPS) option.
- Follow the commands on the screen.
- When a message is prompted, press the WPS button (within the next 2 minutes).
- The printer will try to find the wireless signal thrown by the router or access point.
- Once the wireless connection is successful, you will notice the Wireless icon light up on the display screen.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint is a mobile printing option that the Epson ET 4850 printer supports. AirPrint is a default feature where you can easily print from your iOS devices like iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone.
- Open the photo or document you wish to print from your iOS device.
- Select the Share icon in the middle of the screen.
- Select Print.
- Choose the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup from the printer list.
- Tap the + icon to increase the number of prints for your document.
- Once done, tap the Print button at the top-right corner of the iOS device.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 TROUBLESHOOT
Like any other printer, over a period of use, the Epson ET 4850 printer might go through some problems. However, these problems are solvable with some simple troubleshooting steps. In this article, we have mentioned some of the common errors/problems you might face while operating the printer.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 NOT PRINTING
If the Epson ET 4850 printer is not printing, there are some troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Now, remove the power cord from the power source.
- Wait for 2-5 minutes and let the printer cool down for a while.
- Once the time is up, connect the power cord back to the printer and the power source.
- Wait for the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup to turn on automatically. If not, press the Power button.
FIX 1: RESET THE PRINTER
Resetting the printer should be the final resort to making sure the Epson printer is printing properly.
FIX 2: RUN THE WINDOWS TROUBLESHOOTER
- Open the Run command (Windows + R).
- When the command opens, type control.exe /name Microsoft.
- Select Troubleshooting and press the OK button.
- Click the Epson printer and select the Troubleshooter option.
- The troubleshooter will detect the problem.
- The troubleshooter window will ask you to follow the repair strategy.
- Click the Apply button to fix the option, and check to see if the problem is resolved.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 PAPER JAM
Paper jam errors are quite common when it comes to owning a printer. For this printer, the paper jam occurs inside the printer.
- Follow the commands on the printer display.
- Based on the on-screen commands, remove the jammed paper carefully from the printer.
- Discard the jammed paper once and for all.
EPSON ECOTANK ET 4850 OFFLINE
Here are a couple of methods that can easily solve the Epson ET 4850 printer offline problem.
METHOD 1: DISABLE THE FIREWALL
There are times when the Firewall or the antivirus causes the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup to go offline.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Select the Programs option and click the Uninstall a program button.
- The window will now open a list of applications.
- Select the Antivirus application and click the Uninstall button.
METHOD 2: DISABLE THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- You will see a list of printers.
- Do a right-click on the Epson ET 4850 printer.
- Select the option See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- If you see a check next to the option Use Printer Offline, click to uncheck, and the Epson ET 4850 printer will not be offline.
METHOD 3: SET EPSON ET 4850 PRINTER AS DEFAULT
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Epson ET 4850 printer that is offline from the list of printers in the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the Epson printer from the list.
We believe that this article has assisted you with the Epson Ecotank Et 4850 Setup. In case you have doubts, you can message or call our well-trained technicians to clear all your doubts.