- Home »
- Epson Ecotank Et M2170 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 SETUP
Epson EcoTank ET M2170 is a monochrome All-in-One printer that is considered as a flagship model in the recent series of bulk ink machines. The printer has all the standard connectivity options, such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/ns), USB 2.0, and Wi-Fi Direct. Apart from this, the machine has support for different mobile connectivity options (Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Services, and Epson Connect). The speed of the Epson ET M2170 printer is 20 pages per minute (ppm), with an exceptionally low running cost that is great for home and small offices. In this guide, we will see the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup in detail.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
- Unbox the printer and its other accessories.
- Remove all the protective materials.
- Connect the power cord between the Epson printer and an electrical outlet.
- Firmly press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Use the control panel to select the language, region, date, and time.
- If needed, you can tweak the settings according to your choice.
FILLING THE INK TANK:
- Open the ink tank cover.
- Open the ink tank cap.
- Slowly remove the ink bottle cap.
- Hold the top of the ink bottle securely into the filling port of the ink tank.
- When you finish filling the ink, remove the ink bottle.
- Securely close the ink tank cap.
- Firmly close the ink tank cover on Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
LOADING OF PAPER:
To achieve a high-quality printout, use genuine Epson paper. If the paper is curled, flatten it or curl slightly in the opposite direction before loading it into the cassette.
- First, open the paper cassette cover until it clicks.
- Slide out the paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guides as much as possible.
- With the printing side facing down, load paper until it touches the back of the paper cassette.
Once you have finished the unboxing and initial setup, you need to download and install the printer drivers on your PC. When you complete the software installation, you can enjoy all the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup functions.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 DRIVER
A printer driver is an essential tool to establish reliable communication between the printer and your PC. Printer drivers are the ones that help you in all situations. So, knowing how to download and install the printer drivers on your PC is important. We have come with detailed steps on how to install the printer drivers on your Windows and Mac Operating Systems. So, do check out the below sections.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Turn on your Windows computer and connect it to the Internet.
- Open your default web browser and land on the official printer driver download page.
- Enter Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup and hit Search.
- Click on your printer’s name (Epson EcoTank ET M2170) to open the driver download page.
- Next, you need to scroll down the page and click on the Downloads section.
- Choose your Operating System (Windows) and its version from the drop-down menus, if they are not detected automatically.
- Click the Drivers option (+ icon).
- Now, you will be able to see a list of printer drivers that are available for your Operating System.
- Now, just click the Download button next to the required driver to initiate the driver download process.
- The download will take some time, which totally depends on your Internet speed.
- Once the download is over, you can carry on with the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup driver installation steps.
- To guide you with the driver installation, we have mentioned the steps in the below segment.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 DRIVER INSTALL FOR WINDOW
- First, locate the downloaded driver setup file on your PC.
- Double-click on itto begin the installation process.
- It will start extracting all your files.
- Click OK when done.
- Choose the language and click OK.
- Go through the License Agreement carefully and click Agree.
- Ensure that the Epson printer is turned on and connected to your PC via a USB cable.
- On successful installation, you can see a small dialog box showing Printer driver installation and port configuration were completed successfully.
- In the same way, you can install the scanner driver for your Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 DRIVER FOR MAC
- Turn on your Mac computer and connect it to the Internet.
- Open a browser and navigate to the official printer support page.
- Type the printer’s model number and hit Search.
- Click on your printer’s name (Epson EcoTank ET M2170) to open the driver download page.
- Now, you need to scroll down the page and click on the Downloads section.
- Your OS and its version should automatically be detected. If not, choose your Operating System (Mac) from the drop-down menu. Also, select your OS version.
- Click the Drivers option (+ icon).
- Now, you will be able to see a lot of Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup drivers that are available for your Operating System.
- Click the Download button next to the required driver to initiate the driver download process.
- Once the download is over, you can proceed with the driver installation steps.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- Go to your default web browser and land on the Epson printer’s support page.
- Under Search By Product Name, enter the printer model (Epson EcoTank ET M2170) and click the Search button.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty section.
- You can see the Start Here – Installation Guide, User’s Guide – Epson ScanSmart, User’s Guide, Notices and Warranty for U.S and Canada.
- Click PDF to view the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup manual
- Scroll down the page to know more about your Epson printer.
- However, you can click the Download button to save the manual for offline purposes.
- Apart from this, you will get a physical copy of the printer’s manual along with your printer package (at the time of purchase).
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 SCAN SETUP
- Open the scanner cover to place the document.
- Keep the document facing downwards.
- Use the scanner markings to keep the document correctly.
- Close the scanner cover.
- From your printer control panel, press the Scan option.
- If your Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup and computer are connected over the same network, then select the PC to which you want to send the scanned document.
- Select the relevant scan settings and press OK.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the document facing the scanner glass.
- Make use of the scanner markings to keep the document correctly.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Select Scan on the home screen.
- To select an item, use the navigation buttons and then press the OK button.
- You can select how to save the scanned image to a computer from Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
- JPEG – Saves the scanned image in JPEG format on your PC.
- PDF – Saves the scanned image in PDF format.
- Scan to Email – Starts the email client on your PC and then attaches the document to your email.
- Custom – Saves the document on the Epson Event Manager.
- Select one of the above options.
- Choose your computer (from the list) to where you want to save the scanned image.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
Epson printers are designed in a way to support mobile printing. Mobile printing is used to print documents, photos, emails, and web pages from any geographical location.
There are three Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup Connect solutions:
Epson Email Print , Epson iPrint Mobile App and Epson Remote Print .
Follow the below steps to complete the mobile printing setup.
- Connect your Epson printer to your router’s network.
- Download Epson iPrintfrom the Google Play Store (Android users) or Apple App Store (iOS users).
- Make sure that you have connected your mobile device to the same network as that of the printer.
- TapPrinter is not selected.
- Tap here to select a printer.
- Tap your printer under the Local tab.
- If you are unable to see the Epson printer, then use the Search icon to search again.
- To manually add Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup to your current network, tap the Manual IP tab.
- Tap on Add to enter the IP address for the printer and then tap on Done.
- Once successfully added, you can perform all the printing operations directly from your mobile device with the help of the Epson iPrint application.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 WIRELESS SETUP
The Epson ET M2170 printer is designed to support wired and wireless connections. The below steps will help you in establishing the wireless setup.
Follow these steps on your Windows computer:
- Initially, download the Epson printer drivers from the printer’s support page.
- Once you have downloaded the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup drivers on your PC, begin the installation.
- On the installation screen that appears, go to the Setup section.
- Choose the Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi) radio button.
- After a few seconds, the installer will detect your wireless settings.
Steps to be followed on your Epson printer:
- Turn on your printer.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Setup menu.
- Tap on Start Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and press the OK button.
- Choose your network name from the list.
- Enter your network’s password and press OK.
- Once done, tap Start Setup.
- After a few seconds, your Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup will be connected to the Wi-Fi network successfully.
Follow the rest of the instructions on your computer screen to complete the wireless setup.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 AIRPRINT SETUP
Before going to the AirPrint setup, make sure that both your iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac) and Epson printer are connected to the same wireless network. There is no need to install or save any drivers (or other software) on your mobile device. Your Apple device will automatically connect to the AirPrint-enabled Epson printer.
- Open the paper cassette and load paper into your Epson printer.
- Go to your Apple device and locate the document or image that you want to print.
- Click the Share icon.
- You will see that the Print option has been enabled.
- Choose your Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
- Select the other print options and click Print.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 TROUBLESHOOT
Troubleshooting is something we all should be aware of. If we know the troubleshooting steps, we can handle the printer in any situation. Troubleshooting helps you find the root cause of the issue and leads you to appropriate solutions. When the troubleshooting steps are followed in the correct way, you can quickly sort out the problem. In the below segments, we have listed three of the common issues that most of the users face with their Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup (Not printing, Won’t connect to Wi-Fi, and Paper Jam issues).
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 NOT PRINTING
We’ve given some of the most important troubleshooting methods for the not printing issues.
Set your Epson ET M2170 printer as the default one.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Locate your Epson printer.
- Right-click on it and choose Set as default printer from the drop-down menu.
- Now, check whether your Epson EcoTank ET M2170 printer is able to print correctly.
Cancel All documents.
- Go to the Control Panel window and locate your Epson printer under Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer’s name -> See what’s printing -> Printer -> Cancel All Documents.
- If you find that the Cancel All Documents option is grayed out, then click on the Open as Administrator option for Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
- Enter the password and clickYes.
- Now, you will see that the Cancel All Documents option is responsive.
Outdated drivers can be one of the reasons for the not printing issue.
- Go to the search box, type “Control Panel,” and hit Enter.
- Open the Control Panel from the search results.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Look for Printer or Printer Queues and expand it.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and then click Update Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.
- However, as an extra step, you can update your Windows computer as well.
- Click on Check for updates and install the latest software update available for your PC.
- Once done, restart your computer and the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
If your printer struggles to connect to your wireless router or access point, try these solutions.
Cross-verify the connections
- Cross-check whether the printer is in sleep mode.
- When the printer is idle for a certain period, it will enter the sleep mode.
- Make sure that the power cord is connected directly to the electrical supply.
- Also, make sure that the socket is working properly. Or else, try a different power cord.
- Check whether the Internet is working fine without any issues.
- If your router is unable to communicate, then power reset the router.
- First, disconnect the power from your router.
- Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect again.
- If possible, keep the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup and router as close as possible (minimum interference).
- Use the 2.4 GHz Bandwidth instead of the 5 GHz Bandwidth for a better signal range.
- If you have connected the printer via Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), check whether the Wi-Fi light is not solid green.
- Also, you need to press the Wi-Fi buttonon your printer within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button on your router.
- Verify that your router is emitting signals at regular intervals.
- You can cross-verify by connecting it to your computer or mobile device.
- If you have replaced the router, remove the old printer driver from your computer and reinstall the new one.
- Print a connection report to check the error codes or messages and know the real cause of the Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup not connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
- As the last step, disconnect and reconnect the printer to the network.
EPSON ECOTANK ET M2170 PAPER JAM
- Check the error message displayed on the printer control panel (LCD display).
- It will display where exactly the paper jam has occurred.
- Now, turn off your machine and unplug it from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Gently open the front cover.
- Lower the output switch lever.
- Remove the jammed paper from Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup.
- Make sure that you don’t leave any bits of paper inside the machine.
- Raise the output switch lever.
- Close the front cover.
- Ensure that the paper support is fully inserted into the machine.
- In the same way, remove the jammed paper from the rear cover and rear paper feed slot.
- Once you have successfully removed the jammed paper, reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
We hope that this guide has helped you with your Epson EcoTank ET M2170 setup. If you have any doubts, click the Call button on this page. Our well-trained technicians will clear all your doubts and queries.