- Epson Ecotank L565
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ECOTANK L565 SETUP
Epson EcoTank L565 is a multifunctional wireless ink tank printer. This printer has the copy, scan, print, and fax features. Using the Automatic Document Feeder on the printer, you can copy or scan as many documents in a short period of time. This printer prints 33 papers per minute. On this page, you can see the procedure for the full setup of the Epson EcoTank L565 printer; let’s start with unboxing the printer.
Unboxing and Basic Setup
Steps To Unpack the box:
First, open the product box and take out the box components one by one.
- The Epson EcoTank L565 Printer
- Power Cord
- Four Ink Bottles (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black)
- Setup CD-ROM (Windows)
- Getting Started Manual
- After all the box components are taken out of the box, take out the printer and remove all blue tapes from around the Epson EcoTank L565.
- Open the scanner unit and take the protective materials from the printer. Now, close the scanner unit.
- Open the document cover and remove the sheet on the scanner glass. Then close the document cover.
- Plug the provided power cable into the printer and an electrical socket.
- Open the ADF cover and then take the Styrofoam piece. Now, close the ADF cover.
- Pull the output tray and then remove the blue protective tape.
Steps To Load A Paper Stack:
- To load the paper stack, open the feeder guard forward.
- Now, raise the paper support and pull the paper extension.
- Next, pull the output tray and then raise the paper stopper.
- Slide the edge guide to the left end.
Insert the paper stack on the right side of the Epson EcoTank L565 with the printable side up and the short edge first.
- Adjust the edge guide to hold the paper stack.
- Finally, flip the paper guard back to its original position.
How To Fill The Ink Tanks?
- Press the power button on the printer.
- Open the ink tank unit cover.
- Unpack the ink bottles from the packages.
- Snap the tip of the ink tank and gently remove the bottle cap.
- The ink color is labeled on the ink tank cover. Place the ink bottle on the respective ink tank.
- Open the ink tank cap.
- Gently insert the ink bottle into the ink tank; once the ink tank is filled, remove the ink bottle.
- Repeat the above steps to fill the remaining ink tanks.
- Once all the ink tanks are filled, close the ink tank with the cap and then close the ink tank unit.
Epson EcoTank L565 Driver
The Epson drivers are used to connect the Epson EcoTank L565 and the computer. There are many drivers available on the Epson official website; you can download the required driver.
Epson EcoTank L565 Driver For Windows
- On your Windows computer, launch the default web browser and then go to the Epson official website.
- On the Epson home page, click SUPPORT and then select PRINTERS.
- Type your printer model name in the Search by Product Name text field and then click Search.
- Now, the Epson EcoTank L565 software and manuals download page opens.
- Click the Download tab, your computer Operating System will be automatically detected on the web page.
- Click the Operating System drop-down box and then select the Operating System from the list. Now, click Go.
- Scroll down the page and then expand the Driver option.
- Select Drives and Utilities Combo Package Installer and then click Download.
Epson EcoTank L565 Driver For Mac
- On your Mac computer, open the default web browser and then go to the official Epson support website.
- On the Epson Home page, click SUPPORT -> PRINTERS.
- On the next page, type the printer model number in the Search by Product Name text box and then press Enter.
- Now, the Epson EcoTank L565 page opens, and you’ve to click the Downloads tab.
- The web browser automatically detects your computer Operating System.
- If you want to change the Operating System, click the Operating System drop-down list and then select any Mac OS from the list. Next, click the Go button.
- Click the Drivers tab to expand.
- Now, select Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer and then click Download.
- Your drivers for Mac computer will start downloading.
Epson EcoTank L565 Manual Download
- You can download manuals for both Windows and Mac on any computer.
- Just open the default web browser and go to the Epson official website.
- On the Home page, click the SUPPORTS tab.
- Below the SUPPORT tab, click PRINTERS.
- On the Epson EcoTank L565 support page, click Manuals and Warranty.
- Here, you can download the Installation Guide, User’s Guide, Notice, and Warranty card.
- The manuals are available in both HTML and PDF format.
- Select the manuals from the list and then click the HTML or PDF option to download them.
Epson EcoTank L565 Scan Setup
Make sure the Epson printer is turned ON.
Check whether the scanning software is installed on the computer connected to your Epson EcoTank L565.
If you don’t have the scanning software on your computer, download the software from the official Epson website and install it.
Epson EcoTank L565 Scan to Computer:
- Before scanning, make sure your Epson EcoTank L565 printer is turned ON.
- Open the document cover and then place the originals on the scanner glass with the scanning side facing the scanner glass.
- Align the paper to the alignment mark on the scanner glass.
- Once the paper is placed properly, close the document cover.
- On the printer control panel, use the up and down buttons to select Scan and then press the OK button.
- On the printer display, under the Scan to option, select Computer and then press the OK button.
- To scan to the computer, you have to select the connection type. If you have connected the printer via a USB cable, use the arrow keys and then select USB Connections on the printer control panel.
- Now, press the Color button to start scanning.
- On the Windows computer connected to the printer, click the Start icon -> All Programs or Programs -> Epson Software -> Event Manager.
- Open the Scanner drop-down list and then select your Epson printer from the list.
- Click Make Job Settings.
- Now, open the Edit Job Settings drop-down box and make any necessary scan settings.
- Click OK and then click Close.
- Open Epson Scan and then select the Mode drop-down box; select the mode from the list.
- Change the scan settings as required and then click Scan.
Epson EcoTank L565 Mobile Printing Setup:
- Simply, using a mobile phone, you can access your printer.
- On an Android mobile, open the Google Play Store and then search Epson iPrint.
- Locate Epson iPrint and tap Install.
- Make sure the printer and the Android Mobile are connected to the same network.
- Launch the app, tap Printer is not selected -> Printers. Now select the Epson printer from the list.
- Load the document on the scanner glass and then tap Scan on the Android device.
Epson EcoTank L565 wireless setup
- To connect your Epson EcoTank L565 printer to a Wi-Fi network, make sure the printer is turned ON.
- Using the arrow keys on the printer, select Wi-Fi Setup and then press the OK button.
- On the Wi-Fi Setup screen, select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and press OK.
- Select your home network name (SSID) from the list and then enter the password.
- Once you enter the password, press OK.
- Now, click Communication and then press OK.
- On your Windows computer, run the setup file.
- In the setup wizard, click to enable the checkbox for I agree by the contents of the License Agreement and then click Next.
- Choose any options from the next screen and then click Next. If you are setting up the Epson printer for the first time, click the Yes : First time setup radio button and click Next.
- Click the Wi-Fi Connection (Recommended) radio button on the Connecting your Printer screen and then click Next.
- Now the printer will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- When the connection is complete, you can see the connection completed screen on the computer.
Epson EcoTank L565 AirPrint Setup
- Make sure your Epson printer is connected to the same network as your Mac.
- Install the printer driver on the Mac computer.
- Now, click the Apple menu icon and then click System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners.
- If your printer name is not listed on the left side of the screen, click the + icon at the bottom.
- After the printer is added to the list, click the Default printer drop-down box and then select the Epson printer.
- Choose the file from Mac and click the Printer menu. Then choose your AirPrint printer.
- Finally, click Print.
Epson EcoTank L565 Troubleshoot
Troubleshooting is the best way to clear all the printer problems. If the Epson printer is not printing properly or the network connection fails, run the troubleshooting steps to clear the problems.
Epson EcoTank L565 Not Printing:
- If the Epson printer is not printing properly, make sure the printer power cord is plugged in and check whether the printer is turned ON.
- Make sure the printer is placed near the router.
- If the printer is connected to a wired network, check if the Ethernet cable is connected properly. If the cable is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- If the printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Make sure the router is working.
- Place the printer near the router.
- If the printer driver is outdated, uninstall the old driver from the computer.
- Now, download and install the latest driver from the Epson official website.
Epson EcoTank L565 Paper Jam:
If you see any paper jammed error message on the LCD screen, turn off the printer and then remove the power cord. Now, perform these simple steps to clear the paper jam.
- Open the scanning unit and slide the print head to the end.
- Grab the jammed paper with your hands and gently remove the jammed paper out of the printer.
- Once the paper is removed, check whether any torn paper piece is stuck inside the printer.
- If there is any torn paper inside the printer, completely take all the paper pieces from the Epson EcoTank L565.
- Close the scanning unit.
- If the original is jammed inside the ADF.
- Open the ADF cover and grab the jammed paper; then gently remove the paper from the ADF slot.
- Lift the ADF input tray and remove the excess torn paper pieces.
- Close the ADF input tray and the ADF cover.
- Now, you have cleared the paper jam error.