- Home »
- Epson Ecotank M205 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ECOTANK M205 SETUP
If you are looking for a cool InkJet printer, the Epson EcoTank M205 printer is the one to look out for! With an amazing printing speed of 24 pages per minute, the printer oozes productivity. It also supports wireless printing. It is an ideal printer for small and large-scale businesses. On this page, you can learn the simple instructions for Epson Ecotank M205 Setup. Let’s begin it!
- Ideal For: Home & Office
- It has a Flat Bed Scanner
- Black & White Print
- Max Monthly Duty Cycle: 6,000 Pages
- 12 Months Warranty
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
- The Epson EcoTank M205 printer
- Ink Bottle
- Documentation Sheets
- Installation CD
- Power Cord
- Unpack the Epson printer from the carton.
- Remove the components that are present inside the cartonprinter and keep them aside.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body.
- Check the switch located at the right of the printer to fill the ink bottles.
- Remove the ink bottle from the packaging.
- Snap off the nozzle tip of the ink bottle and fill it with ink until it reaches the indicator.
- Repeat the samesteps for the other ink bottle.
- Close the ink bottles firmly and keep them aside for later use.
- Gently install the ink tank.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging.
- Connect it to the power source and to the main power slot.
- Turn on the Epson EcoTank M205 printer, use the navigation button, and select the language of your choice.
- Flip the feeder guard cover at the top end of the printer.
- Raise the paper support.
- Adjust the paper guide and place a paper stack inside. Adjust the paper guide according to the edges of the paper.
- Pull the paper output tray from the printer and pull the paper support.
- Place the installation CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Wait for the computer to run the installer.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and wait for further instructions.
- When the screen prompts you to make the connection, take the USB cable and connect it between the printer and the computer.
- Complete the software setup.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 DRIVER
The driver is the most important aspect if you want to access the printer through your computer. You can download the Epson EcoTank M205 printer driver from the official support page or from this page. Further instructions are to follow.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Windows.
- The very next minute, the driver will be downloaded to your Windows computer.
- Here is one more method to download the printer driver for your computer. It’s from the Epson support page.
- Open the Epson support page for the Epson EcoTank M205 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and select Windows.
- Click the Recommended For You section and click the Download button for the driver.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 DRIVER FOR MAC
- Click the Driver Download button for Mac located on this page.
- The driver will be downloaded to your Mac computer.
- Another way to download the driver is from the official Epson support page.
- Open the support page for the Epson EcoTank M205 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and select the Mac version.
- Click GO.
- Click Recommended For You and click the Download button for the driver.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On this very page, locate and click the Manual Download button.
- The user manual will be downloaded the very next second.
- You can also download the manual from the official Epson support page.
- On your browser, open the support page for the Epson EcoTank M205 printer.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Click the PDF icon for the User Manual option.
- Click the Download icon.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 SCAN SETUP
There are two locations to place the originals to scan the document from Epson EcoTank M205.
- Open the document cover of the printer.
- Ensure that you place the original document on the scanner glass.
- The document must be placed with the print side facing down.
- Slide the document to the corner of the glass.
- Close the document cover.
Auto Document Feeder:
- Slide the edge guide on the auto document feeder.
- Adjust the originals and place them inside the feeder with the print side facing up.
- Move the edge guide according to the edges of the originals.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Make sure that the documents are placed in the ADF or the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button to enter the scanning mode.
- Select the scan menu item.
- Use the arrow buttons to choose the menu and press the OK button.
- Select the computer and press OK.
- The scanning will begin and you will find the document saved to your computer.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 WIRELESS SETUP
- Press the Settings button on the printer control panel.
- Use the navigation buttons and select Network Settings.
- Press the OK button.
- Choose the Wireless LAN Setup option from the list and press OK.
- Select Setup Wizard > press OK.
- The printer will scan for available wireless networks nearby.
- Use the navigation buttons and choose your wireless network.
- The password field will appear.
- Use the navigation button and type the password for your wireless network and press OK.
- The Epson EcoTank M205 printer will be connected to the wireless network.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint is an easy mobile printing feature that is exclusive for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch). It’s unfortunate to say that the Epson EcoTank M205 printer does not support the AirPrint feature.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 TROUBLESHOOT
Despite the amazing range of features the Epson EcoTank M205 printer possesses, there are some issues you might face. Here are a few of the problems you might encounter with the printer and the different steps and methods to troubleshoot them.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 NOT PRINTING
- Ensure that the power cable is properly connected and the printer is turned on.
- Make sure the printer is not idle for too long.
- If the printer is not printing, the problem could be with the wrong installation of the toner cartridge.
- Open the front door of the Epson printer and clear the paper jams present inside.
- Sometimes, the printer does not print because the papers in the paper tray are not properly installed. Now, check the paper guides in the tray and see if they are holding the papers tight.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 PRINTER OFFLINE
There are several methods to bring back the printer online. The steps are for Windows users.
Method 1: Set Printer as Default
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Epson printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
Method 2: Disable Use Printer Offline Option
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Devices option and then click the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Epson EcoTank M205 printer.
- Click the Open Queue button and delete the pending print jobs.
- Under the Printer option, click the checkbox to disable the option Use Printer Offline.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
If the Epson EcoTank M205 printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi,
- Ensure that the printer is within the proximity range of the wireless router and the computer.
- Make sure that there are no other constraints like a wall, microwave, and other electronic devices.
- Check and see if the router is powered on and working.
- Reconnect the Epson EcoTank M205 printer to the wireless network.
EPSON ECOTANK M205 PAPER JAM
Paper jams errors are bound to happen with any printer. With Epson EcoTank M205, the paper will be jammed in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Remove the paper stack from the ADF.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Look and carefully remove the jammed paper that is present inside.
- Open the ADF cover further and ensure that you get rid of other torn and foreign particles inside.
- Close the ADF cover.
- Place the originals back into the slot and adjust the guide.
We believe that this article has assisted you with the Epson EcoTank M205 Setup. In case you have doubts, you can message or call our well-trained technicians to clear all your doubts.