- Home »
- Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 SETUP
Epson ET 5850 is an all-in-one wireless color printer. This printer offers easy and super-fast printing. You can save up to 80% with low-cost replacement bottles. The Epson ET 5850 printer is rated as one of the best wireless printers in the market compared to the other Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850 printers.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
- The Epson ET EcoTank Pro 5850 printer
- Ink Bottles
- Power Cord
- User Guide and Installation CD
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Lift the scanner unit and then remove the packaging material from the inside. Now, lower the scanner unit.
- Open the ink tank cover on the left side of the ET 5850 printer.
- Open the cap from each of the bottles and place the nozzle of the bottle into the respective color slot.
- Make sure that the ink level reaches the top and then remove the bottle from the slot.
- Unpack the power cord; connect the power cord to the back of the Epson ET 5850 printer and to the main power source.
- Lift the control panel and then press the Power button.
- Select the language, date and time settings, and country.
- Pull out the paper cassette from the bottom of the Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850 printer.
- Move the paper guides to either side of the tray.
- Now, place a stack of paper inside and move the guides to the edges of the paper to hold them firm.
- Place the printer installation CD into the CD drive of the computer.
- Run the setup.
- Follow the commands on the screen and wait for the connection screen to open.
- Select the method of connection you want for the printer.
- Follow the prompts and complete the software setup.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 DRIVER
If you wish to use the Epson ET 5850 printer using your computer, you need to download the Epson printer driver.
- Click the Driver Download button on this support page.
- The Epson printer driver will be downloaded to your computer immediately.
- You can also download the driver from the Epson support page.
- Open the support page for the Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and choose your OS.
- Click the Download button for the printer driver.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Windows.
- The very next minute, the driver will be downloaded to your Windows computer.
- Here is one more method to download the printer driver for your computer. It’s from the Epson support page.
- Open the Epson support page for the Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and choose Windows.
- Click the Recommended For You section and click the Download button for the driver.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 DRIVER FOR MAC
You can download the driver for the printer from this support page.
- Click the Driver Download button for Mac. The download will be initiated the very next second.
- If you wish to download the driver for Mac from the Epson support page, you can do so.
- Open the Epson ET 5850 printer support page.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and click the Mac option.
- Expand the Recommended For You option and click the Download button for the driver.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On this very page, locate and click the Manual Download button.
- The user manual will be downloaded the very next second.
- You can also download the manual from the official Epson support page.
- On your browser, open the support page for the Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Click the PDF icon for the User Manual option.
- Click the Download icon.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 SCAN SETUP
There are two methods in which you can scan using the Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Scan from the scanner glass: Keep the original document on the scanner glass with the print side facing down.
- Scan from the ADF: Place the original document into the ADF with the print side facing up.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Make sure that the Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850 printer is connected to the computer.
- Press the Home button.
- Ensure that you have the original document placed in the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Select the Scan option.
- Under the Scan to section, choose Computer.
- Follow the instructions and complete the scan to computer setup.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 WIRELESS SETUP
Once you have completed the initial steps to set up the printer, you can connect the Epson ET 5850 printer to the wireless network from the Epson Control Panel using these simple steps. Let us see the steps for WPS, otherwise called the Push Button Setup.
- Press the Home button on the Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Select or tap on the Wireless icon.
- You will now see two options, Router and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select or tap on the Router option.
- Select the option Router Setup or Change Settings.
- Now, you will have to select the option Push button Setup (WPS).
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the WPS setup.
- Press the Start Setup option 2 minutes before activating WPS.
- Once the connection is secure, you will see the Wireless option icon displayed on the screen.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 AIRPRINT SETUP
With the help of AirPrint, you will be able to print documents from your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices.
- Load the paper into your Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Now, get your iOS device: an iPhone, for example.
- Make sure that the iPhone is connected to the same wireless network as the Epson ET 5850 printer.
- Select a document from the iPhone you want to print.
- Tap or select the Share icon.
- Select Print.
- Select the Epson ET 5850 printer from the printer list.
- Tap the Print option.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 TROUBLESHOOT
Though Epson ET 5850 is popularly known as one of the best printers in the market, it has its fair share of problems. Some of the common errors you will be facing on your Epson ET 5850 are paper jam, paper not feeding, or the printer offline issue.
EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5850 NOT PRINTING
- See if the Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850 is turned on or connected to a working electrical socket.
- Clear the errors displayed on the printer’s LCD.
- Perform a printer check to see if a test page prints.
- On your computer, verify that the printer driver is installed correctly.
- Check for paper jams and clear them immediately.
- Ensure that you have the ink tanks filled with ink. Refill the tanks if you see the printer running out of ink.
EPSON ET 5850 NOT PRINTING BLACK
If you find that the printer is dried out of black ink, you can follow the steps given here.
- Take out a new ink bottle from the sealed packaging and refill the ink for the black color slot.
- Make sure that you use the papers that are only supported by the Epson printer.
- Find out if your printer has any clogged nozzle from the nozzle check pattern.
- Make sure to select the correct paper orientation, the layout settings, and the printer software.
- Remove the blank papers that are already printed.
EPSON ET 5850 PRINTER OFFLINE
If you come across the Epson printer going offline problem, there is one way to resolve the issue. You need to delete the pending print jobs that you have in line. Here’s how you delete them.
- Open the Control Panel window on your Windows computer.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Perform a right-click on the Epson Ecotank Pro ET 5850 printer.
- Select the See what’s printing? option.
- Choose the pending print jobs and delete them one by one.