- Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ECOTANK PRO ET 5880 SETUP
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup is a wireless All-in-One printer that comes with supersized ink tanks. These tanks enable you to enjoy cartridge-free printing. The printer delivers highly impressive quality output. It helps the user by consuming low energy and reducing the costs. This Epson printer also focuses on reducing the user’s effort as it performs all functions, such as printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. You can use a wireless connection to connect the printer with your device and you can also connect via USB or wired network support.
Unboxing and Basic Setup
Step 1: Unboxing The Printer
Unpack the printer from the package and remove all the components from the box.
Take off the protective tapes and seals from the printer.
Lift the scanner unit and remove the protective materials from the printer.
Step 2: Turn On The Printer
- Make sure you place the printer near the power outlet so that you can easily connect it.
- Connect one of the ends of the power cable to the back of the printer and another end to the power outlet.
- Tilt the printer control panel and press the Power button.
- Choose your Language, Date, and Time by accessing the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup control panel.
Step 3: Fill In The Ink
- After configuring the basic settings, the printer screen will suggest you install the ink.
- Open the ink tank cover on the left side of the machine and open the ink tank cap.
- Remove the ink bottle from the protective cover and open the ink bottle cap.
- Next, fill the ink from the bottle into the respective colored ink tank and wait until the ink fills the tank.
- Do not squeeze the ink bottle while filling the tank.
- Now, close the ink tank cap after filling the ink.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining ink tank colors.
- Close the ink tank cover, and the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup screen asks you to press OK to charge the ink.
- So, press OK and wait until the ink charging takes place.
Step 4: Load The Paper
- Pull out the paper tray from the machine.
- Align the paper guides by squeezing the horizontal and vertical paper guides to make the paper fit the tray.
- Place the paper on the tray by keeping the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guides and close the paper tray.
Step 5: Installation Of Software
- Ensure that the PC is turned on and connected to the Wi-Fi network to which the printer is connected.
- Insert the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup driver installation CD to install the software.
- You can even download and install the software from the official web page of Epson.
- Make sure you downloaded the software that supports your OS.
- Download and install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Launch the software, and the connection method screen pops up on the software page.
- Choose the Wireless connection method and click Next.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and wait until the successfully connected message appears on the desktop.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Driver
The Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 driver enables you to access the printer from the PC, and it helps to enhance productivity by getting the optimum utilization of the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup. The driver allows the printer to accept the information from the PC and acts as per the information. The driver software CD will be provided along with the machine. You can even download and install the software from the official Epson web page.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Driver For Windows
- Turn on the Windows PC and connect it to the Internet.
- Go to the official web page of Epson and search for the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 printer using the search bar.
- Choose the Support tab on the printer page and select the Downloads section.
- Make sure you provide the correct OS (Windows) and select the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup driver from the list.
- Click Download and wait until the downloading process gets completed.
- Now, install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Driver For Mac
- Make sure the Mac is connected to the Internet.
- Go to the Epson official web page and search for the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 printer.
- Click on the Support tab and choose the Downloads section on the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 printer page.
- Provide the correct OS (Mac) and its version in the Operating System field and select the printer driver from the list.
- Click Download and
- Install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Manual Download
The Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup User Manual allows the user to access and operate the printer with ease. The Manual clearly explains how to install, set up the printer, etc. You can download the Manual from Epson’s official web page.
Go to the Epson official web page and choose the Support tab.
Provide the printer name in the search bar and choose the Manuals and Warranty section.
Select the Manual from the list and click Download.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Scan Setup
- Make sure the printer is on and is connected to the PC.
- Place the document on the scanner glass platen or ADF depending upon whether you are using single or multiple pages.
- Ensure you have installed the scanner driver for Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup on your PC.
- Now, tap on the Home screen and select the Scan option.
- Choose the file destination, and you can also configure the scan settings from your PC.
- Tap OK to scan the document.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Scan to Computer
- Place the document on the scanner glass platen or ADF.
- Tap the Scan option and choose the computer to save the scanned document to it.
- Make sure you choose the file location to save the scanned document.
- You can also configure the scan settings by tapping on the Scan settings option.
- Now, tap the Scan option again to send the scanned document to the PC.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Mobile Printing Setup
- Make sure the Wi-Fi option is enabled on the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup.
- Open your mobile and go to Settings.
- Turn on Wi-Fi, and your device will search for the nearby networks.
- Make sure the printer is listed on the screen.
- Select the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 printer and make sure the printer is connected to the mobile.
- Now, access the file you want to print and tap on Options.
- Select Print.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Wireless Setup
- Make sure the Wi-Fi router is on, and the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Tap on the Home screen and tap on the Network icon.
- Select the Router option and tap on the Start setup option.
- Choose Wi-Fi setup wizard, and your device will search for the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and provide the required details.
- Wait until the connected message appears on the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup screen.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Airprint Setup
Make sure that your Apple device and the printer are connected to the same network.
- On your Apple device, access the document or web page you want to print and tap on the Share icon.
- Tap Print and choose your printer from the list of displayed printers.
- Tap “+” for adding the number of copies.
- Finally, tap the Print button to print the document or web page.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Troubleshoot
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 troubleshooting helps solve the printer technical issues. Users can access the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup without any trouble if it goes through any technical issues using the troubleshooting instructions. Just follow the steps given here to get rid of the issues that stop your productivity.
Go to the Epson official web page and click on the Support tab.
Search for the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 printer using the search bar and select the FAQs section.
Search for the technical issue and get the steps for troubleshooting.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Not Printing
The first step is to restart the printer. After restarting the printer, check whether the problem persists.
Check on the connectivity, as sometimes, using a defective USB cable will result in the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup not printing. So, try to disconnect the USB cable and connect it to another port. In case the problem persists, try changing the USB cable and make sure the printer prints now.
Check if there is any error displayed on the printer screen. In case there is an error message, troubleshoot according to the error.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi
Ensure the Wi-Fi router is turned on and check whether the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi router range. The printer won’t get connected to Wi-Fi if it is not placed within the range. Using an outdated printer driver may also cause issues. Make sure you downloaded the latest version of the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup software and check whether the problem persists.
Also, check whether there are any incorrect print settings. If the Use Printer Offline option is enabled, then it will result in such an issue of not getting connected to Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Devices and Printerssection on your computer and make sure the printer is listed on the page.
- Select the Epson ET 5880 printer and double click to go to the properties.
- Select the Printer tab and make sure the Use Printer Offline option is disabled. If not, disable it and check whether the printer gets connected to Wi-Fi.
Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 Paper Jam
Paper jam is one of the standard errors that cause your printer to stop printing. When it occurs, stop the printer and lift the scanner unit to remove the jammed paper from the printer.
If lots of print jobs are in queue, it will cause paper jamming. So, go to the printer properties and selectCancel all documents for all the jobs that are in queue.
Now, restart the Epson EcoTank Pro ET 5880 setup and make sure that it works properly.