- Home »
- Epson ET-16600 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ET-16600 SETUP
Epson ET-16600 is a wide-format cartridge-free printer that delivers high-volume and better print quality output. It has a color touchscreen control panel and hands-free, voice-activated printing. The features include:
- Hi-Speed USB
- Wireless connectivity
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile printing
- Scan to Cloud, Email, Memory device, and Network folder
The Epson ET-16600 printer setup is quite simple. It involves unboxing the printer package, filling the ink tanks, loading print media, and installing the printer software. Go through the information and steps given on this page to know more about the printer setup.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the Epson ET-16600 printer setup, follow these steps.
- Firstly, unpack the printer from the package and check the components.
- Take out the following printer supplies.
- Power cord
- Ink bottles
- Next, remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Avoid touching the cables inside the printer while removing the packing materials.
Filling the ink tanks:
- Start by opening the ink tank cover and then the black ink tank cap.
- Open the black ink bottle and insert it into the filling port of the black ink tank.
- Wait for the ink to fill the ink tank completely.
- Remember not to squeeze the ink bottle to finish filling the ink quickly.
- When the black ink tank is full, take out the black ink bottle from the tank and close the cap of the ink tank.
- Repeat the same procedure to fill the rest of the ink tanks.
- Once you have done filling the ink tanks, close the ink tank cover.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord and turn it on.
- Choose your language, country, date, and time on the touchscreen panel.
- Next, press and hold down the OK button for at least five seconds when the printer shows the message to see the Start Here sheet.
- When the ink confirmation message appears, tap Done to start the ink charging process.
- Once ink charging is complete, press the OK button.
- Pull the paper cassette out from the printer.
- Slide the paper edge guides to the end of the cassette.
- Fan a stack of paper before loading it into the paper cassette.
- After loading the paper, slide the paper edge guides to touch the edges of the paper stack, but not too tightly.
- Refix the paper cassette into the printer and select the correct paper settings on the touchscreen panel.
Installing the printer software:
- After completing the hardware setup, insert the provided CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required printer software.
- Choose your connection type and establish the connection between your printer and computer by following the instructions in the driver installation wizard.
- Complete the rest of the instructions and verify the printer functionality by printing a test page.
EPSON ET 16600 DRIVER
The printer driver is responsible for the communication between your printer and computer. The driver for your Epson ET-16600 printer is included in the CD-ROM. If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Epson site.
EPSON ET 16600 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before you begin downloading the driver for your Windows computer, remove any previously installed Epson printer drivers.
- Next, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Click the printer model from the search result and expand the Downloads tab.
- Select your Windows OS version from the Operating System drop-down menu if Epson has failed to detect it automatically.
- Click GO and select the required driver from the displayed list.
- Click on Download and save the driver to your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded driver file to run the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the driver setup.
EPSON ET 16600 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Select your printer model from the search result and expand the Downloads tab.
- Wait until your macOS version is detected automatically. If not, select the correct OS version from the drop-down menu and click GO.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click Download.
- Save the driver file to your Mac.
- After completing the download, open the Downloads folder and double-click the driver file to create a disk image on the desktop.
- Open the created disk image and double-click the installer icon to run the driver installation.
- Carry out the instructions in the setup wizard and add your printer to your Mac.
EPSON ET 16600 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
You can download the Epson ET-16600 printer manual by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, get the manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- Open the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, type your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result and expand the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Choose the required manual from the displayed list and download it to your computer.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon and save it to your computer.
EPSON ET 16600 SCAN SETUP
The Epson ET-16600 printer has a flatbed scanner with an ADF. The scan setup is quite simple and easy than you think. Before starting the scan, you should install the Epson printer driver and Event Manager on your computer. You can either scan using the touchscreen control panel or the Epson Scan 2 software. For detailed instructions about the scan setup, continue reading this article.
EPSON ET 16600 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Using the printer control panel:
- Turn on your Epson ET-16600 printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- If you are going to scan a multi-page document, load all the originals into the ADF.
- Next, connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Tap Scan -> Computer.
- Tap the Select action button and select any one of the following options.
- Preview on Computer
- Save as JPEG
- Save as PDF
- If necessary, specify the scan settings.
- Tap Send to scan the original document and save it to the connected computer.
EPSON ET 16600 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
You can set up your Epson ET-16600 printer and mobile phone for printing in various methods. Epson provides the following mobile printing solutions.
- Epson iPrint app
- Epson Connect
From the steps given below, you can learn how to set up the Epson iPrint app for mobile printing from your smartphone.
Downloading the Epson iPrint app:
- On your smartphone, open the App Store or Play Store app.
- Search for the Epson iPrint app. Select the app from the search result.
- Tap the Get or Install button and wait for the download to complete.
- Close the App Store or Play Store.
Installing the Epson iPrint app:
- Before starting, connect your printer and smartphone over a wireless network.
- Launch the Epson iPrint app on your smartphone.
- Tap the Printer is not selected button.
- Select your printer’s name in the Local tab.
- If the app fails to detect your printer, tap the Manual IP tab and select Add.
- Enter your printer’s IP address in the required field and tap Done.
Printing documents using the Epson iPrint app:
- Ensure that your printer’s paper cassette is loaded with enough paper.
- Launch the Epson iPrint app on your smartphone and tap the Print Documents tile.
- Browse your document and select it.
- Tap the Settings icon to change the print settings.
- After verifying the print settings, tap Print to print your documents remotely from your smartphone.
You have now completed the mobile printing setup for your Epson ET-16600 printer.
EPSON ET 16600 WIRELESS SETUP
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Turn on your printer, computer, and router.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Identify the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key.
- Connect your computer to your wireless network.
- Verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
Wireless setup using the printer control panel:
- Run the driver installation on your computer using the provided CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, choose the Wireless connection option and click Next.
- Select the Set up printer for the first time option and click Continue.
- If the Wi-Fi Auto Connect screen appears, select the No option.
- On the Select a Wireless Setup Method screen, choose the Using control panel option and click Next.
- Confirm your wireless credentials and start the wireless setup.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Tap the Network icon on the touchscreen panel.
- Select the Router option and tap the Start Setup button.
- Tap Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and choose your SSID.
- Input the network key and tap the OK button.
- Wait for your printer to connect to your wireless network.
- The printer will show the ‘Setup Complete’ message when the wireless connection is established.
- Return to the driver installation wizard on your computer and complete the rest of the instructions.
- Verify the wireless connection by printing a test page remotely from your computer.
EPSON ET 16600 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint allows instant wireless printing from your iPhone to your Epson ET-16600 printer. To know how to print a document remotely from your iPhone using AirPrint, follow these steps.
- First, turn on your printer and load paper into the paper cassette.
- Next, connect your printer and iPhone over a wireless network.
- On your iPhone, open the document you wish to print.
- Tap the Action icon and select the Print option.
- Tap the Select Printer button and choose your Epson ET-16600 printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Specify the print settings and tap Print to print your document.
EPSON ET 16600 TROUBLESHOOTING
Is your Epson ET-16600 printer not working as expected? Problems with printers can happen if the installation is incomplete, maintenance is poor, or settings are incorrect. Your printer will display the error messages and troubleshooting steps when it is subjected to an error. But sometimes, you may need assistance in troubleshooting the errors. To help you with that, we have dedicated technical experts. All you got to do is click the Call button on this page and get your printer issue fixed.
EPSON ET 16600 NOT PRINTING
- If your Epson ET-16600 printer is not printing any documents, check the printer status.
- If your printer is in sleep mode or turned off, you cannot print until the printer comes to the Ready state.
- Next, check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- For USB connection, check the USB cable at both end ports.
- For Wi-Fi connection, check the Wi-Fi status from the touchscreen panel.
- Ensure that your printer is loaded with paper.
- On your computer, open the printer properties window and check the print settings.
- Ensure that your printer’s name is selected in the Print dialog box.
- Retry to print your document and check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, run the printer troubleshooter.
EPSON ET 16600 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If you have misconfigured the wireless settings, your Epson ET-16600 printer won’t connect to your Wi-Fi.
- Sometimes, you cannot connect if the printer is far from the router.
- Reduce Wi-Fi interference by moving your printer closer to your router.
- Restart your printer and router.
- Reset the network settings and reconfigure the wireless settings on the touchscreen panel.
- If necessary, you can perform alternate wireless setup methods such as WPS Push Button, WPS PIN, and Wi-Fi Direct.
- If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the printer driver.
EPSON ET 16600 PAPER JAM
- If a paper is jammed inside your printer, the touchscreen control panel will prompt an error message.
- Locate the paper jammed area indicated by the printer and remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Make sure you gently remove the paper to avoid damaging the internal parts of your printer.
- After ensuring that there is no paper inside the printer, press the Power button to turn it on and check if the error has been resolved.
- To avoid getting the paper jam error in the future, fan the paper stack before loading it into the paper cassette.
- Always use printer-supported media for printing.
- Remember not to adjust the paper edge guides too tightly against the paper stack loaded in the cassette.
- Verify if you have selected the correct paper settings.
- If no troubleshooting steps resolve the paper jam error, reset your printer settings to factory defaults.