- Home »
- Epson ET 4550
Epson ET 4550 Setup
Epson ET 4550 setup is an All-In-One Supertank wireless printer with scanning, copying, and faxing functions. The printer comes with two years of ink included in the package, which makes it cost-effective. The printer enables Duplex printing and has a 30-page Auto Document Feeder. The paper capacity of the input tray is up to 150 sheets, and you can also print from your smartphone easily. Epson ET 4550 also has the AirPrint feature that allows you to print from any iOS device easily.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Take out the Epson printer from the carton box.
- Remove all the packing materials from the printer, which includes tapes, protective films, and plastic covers.
- Lift the scanner assembly and remove the tapes and other materials used for packing.
- Ensure that you do not touch the translucent cover, white cables, and ink tubes present inside the printer.
- The printer’s components included in the package consist of the following.
- Power cord
- Installation disc
- Manuals and guides
- Transportation kit
- French control panel sticker
- Ink bottles
Step 2: Filling the ink tanks
- It is recommended to use only genuine Epson ink to fill the tanks.
- Raise the ink tank cover on the left side of the printer.
- Open the cap of the black ink tank and attach it to its holder.
- Unpack the cover of the black ink bottle. The BK code represents the black color.
- Remove the tip and turn the cap in the anti-clockwise direction to open the cap.
- Insert the black ink bottle upside down into the ink tank slot.
- You don’t have to squeeze the ink bottle as the ink will flow automatically and stop when the ink tank slot is full.
- Replace the cap of the black ink tank to place.
- Close the black ink bottle’s cap by placing the reverse side of the tip for disposal.
- Repeat the same procedure to fill the other ink tank slots referring to the color-coded sticker above the ink tank.
- After you have filled all the tanks, close the ink tank cover.
- Follow these steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.
Step 3: Connecting the power cord
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer.’
- Plug the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on the Epson printer to turn it on.
- Select a language and region using the navigation buttons on the control panel.
- Set the correct date and time. Then, press the OK button.
- If you receive any error on the printer screen, turn off the printer and verify whether you have left any packing materials inside the printer.
Step 4: Ink charging process
- When you view the Setup manual on the printer screen, press the OK button and hold it for about three seconds.
- Press the Start button on the Epson printer to begin the ink priming process.
- The ink priming process will take about 20 minutes to complete.
- Ensure that you do not power off the printer while the ink priming process takes place.
- The power LED will stop flashing when the process is complete.
Step 5: Loading Paper
- After the ink priming process is complete, you can load paper into the printer.
- Pull out the paper input tray and slide the paper guides to the ends of the tray.
- Fan the paper stack well before loading them. Also, align them on a flat surface to avoid paper jams.
- Now, load a stack of paper into the input tray.
- Insert the paper stack from the back edge by facing the glossy side down.
- Make sure that you load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Adjust the paper guides to the edges of the paper such that they do not fold the paper.
- Insert the paper input tray and pull out the output tray.
- Set the correct paper settings on the control panel of the printer.
- Make sure that the paper size you have loaded matches with the paper size you have set.
- Using these steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.
Step 6: Connecting the Fax line
- Plug in a telephone line cord to a wall jack.
- Connect the other end of the telephone line cord to the Line port on the rear side of the printer.
- Using the up arrow button on the printer, set up fax on the Epson printer.
- You can also set fax later by pressing the down arrow button.
Step 7: Installing the printer software
- After making the hardware connections, install the printer software on your computer to connect the Epson printer and computer.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer or download the printer software from the official Epson website.
- Run the .exe file to start the installation of the software.
- The printer supports wireless connection, direct USB connection, and wired connection.
- You can choose the type of connection method when prompted.
- To print directly from any iOS devices, connect the printer and your device to the same wireless network.
- Download the Epson Connect application to print wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet.
- After installing the printer software, print a test page to check settings.
Epson ET 4550 Driver Download
To download the driver for the Epson ET 4550 printer, carry out the steps that are given below.
- Open your browser and enter the official Epson website in the address bar of your browser.
- Navigate to the Epson Support site and select Printers.
- Click All-In-Ones and select the ET Series. Then, choose your printer model from the displayed list.
- Go to the Downloads tab and choose your operating system. Select the required driver for your device and click the Download button next to the driver.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
- By following these steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.
Epson ET 4550 Driver Mac
Consider the steps given below to install the driver for the Epson printer on your Mac device.
- You can download the printer software from the official Epson website.
- Choose your operating system as Mac and download the driver.
- Double-click on the installer file to start the installation process.
- When the Epson Installer wizard appears, agree with the license agreement.
- Checkmark the drivers that you want to install and click on the Install button.
- Wait until the software installation completes.
- In the Printer Setup window, choose a type of connection to connect your Mac device and printer.
- You can choose either Wireless connection, Direct USB connection, or Wired network connection.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
Epson ET 4550 Manual
If you don’t have the manual, proceed with the steps that are given below to download the manual for Epson ET 4550.
- Go to the official Epson website from your browser.
- Select the Support tab and choose your region from the displayed list.
- Enter your printer model number and press the Enter key.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty tab and select the required manual.
- Select the PDF link next to the manual to open the document.
- Click on the Download icon and save the PDF file to your preferred location on your device.
- Otherwise, click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual for the Epson ET 4550 printer.
- Perform these steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.
Epson ET 4550 Wireless Setup
- Ensure that you have set up the wireless router before starting the connection. Keep the router turned on.
- Install the printer software on your computer.
- Run the installer file of the software to begin the installation.
- Click on the Install button to start the installation.
- When the Printer Setup window appears, select the Wireless connection method. Then, click Next.
- Choose the “Set up printer for the first time” option and click Next.
- Select Using printer buttons to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Press the Home button and select the Wi-Fi Setup option.
- Navigate to Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and choose your network from the displayed list.
- Enter the password of the network and tap the OK button.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the printer screen when the printer gets connected to the network.
- Tap the Start button to print the network configuration sheet.
- Complete the software installation by following the instructions on the screen.
- You can print and scan wirelessly after installing the software on your computer.
- Use the following steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.
Epson ET 4550 Airprint
- If you are using an iOS device like iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone, connect the device to your wireless network.
- You can also AirPrint from a Mac device having the latest OS X version.
- Turn on Wi-Fi from your device and choose your network from the displayed list.
- Enter the password of your network and connect your Mac to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Load paper into the input paper tray.
- Launch the photo, document, or webpage that you want to print. Then, tap the Action icon.
- Select Print and choose your printer from the list. Then, tap Print.
- Your document will now be printed easily using AirPrint.
Epson ET 4550 Double Sided Printing
- For duplex printing, turn on 2-sided printing on the printer software.
- When the 2-Sided Printing Settings window appears, select the Binding Edge options.
- After setting the Printing Preferences, click OK to go to the main tab.
- Set the correct Print Density Adjustment and click OK.
- Now, you can print on both sides of the loaded paper.
Epson ET 4550 Communication Error
If you receive the following errors, “your printer doesn’t print, printer paused, faint printout, or you can’t scan” messages on the printer screen, you can conclude that there is a communication issue. You can resolve the error by following a few steps given below.
- Check whether you have properly connected the power cord.
- If you have any fault on the socket, plug in the power cord to another electrical outlet.
- Verify all the network cables connecting the printer and router. Replace them if needed.
- If you have connected the printer to your computer via a USB cable, check the cable.
- Replace the cable if it is damaged.
- Uninstall the Epson printer software on your computer.
- Download and install the most recent version of the printer software from the official Epson website.
- Press the Start button and go to the Control panel. Open the Troubleshoot section and Run the troubleshooter for the printer.
- Restart your computer and printer to resolve the issue.
- By following these steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.
Epson ET 4550 Not Printing
If your Epson printer doesn’t print, carry out the steps that are given below to resolve the issue.
- Ensure that the interface cables are properly connected to the printer.
- If you have connected the cables via a USB hub, unplug and connect them directly.
- Restart the Epson printer and check if you can print a test page.
- If the printer can’t print, remove the print jobs from Print Queues and try printing again.
Epson ET 4550 Not Printing Color Correctly
- Ensure that you have set the proper paper type settings on the printer.
- Check whether you have set the Grayscale setting on the printer software.
- If you selected the Standard-Vivid as the quality setting, change it to Standard.
- For Mac, select the quality setting as Normal.
- Check if any of the print head nozzles are clogged.
- Run a nozzle check and clean the print head if needed.
- Clean the print head using a paper towel dipped in ethyl alcohol.
- Check the ink levels in the tank and refill ink if needed.
- If you are not using genuine Epson inks, you may receive the error. Refill the tanks using Epson ink bottles.
- If you have not used the Epson printer for a longer time, run the Power Ink Flushing tool to resolve the issue.
Epson ET 4550 Error 0xf4
The error 0XF4 occurs on the Epson printer when there is no ink available in the ink tanks or due to paper jams. You can continue with the steps that are given below to fix the error.
- Raise the scanner unit and check for any paper jams inside the tray.
- If you are run out of ink, refill ink into the ink tank slots.
- If the issue persists, download the Repair tool from a trusted source.
- Install the tool and continue with the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
- By using these steps we can proceed the Epson ET 4550 setup.