- Home »
- Epson ET 8500 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ET 8500 SETUP
Epson ET 8500 is a wireless All-in-One printer that comes with super tank inkjet printer technology. The device enables you to enjoy cartridge-free printing for high-quality lab photos, graphics, etc. The Epson ET 8500 Setup also comes with many features like borderless printing, support for iOS, etc.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
Step 1: Unboxing Epson ET 8500
- Unpack the Epson ET 8500 printer from the package and remove all the contents from the box.
- Make sure that you receive all the components.
- Remove all the protective tapes and seals from the printer.
- Place the printer near the power outlet so that you can easily access it.
Step 2: Turn On The Epson ET 8500
Connect the power cord to the printer and press the Power button. Make sure that the LED on the printer screen turns on. Choose the Language, Date, and Time.
Step 3: Installing Ink
- Lift the scanner unit and make sure that you remove all the protective materials from the scanner unit.
- Open the ink tank cover, which is on the right side of the Epson ET 8500 Setup.
- Remove the ink bottles from the protective cover and open any of the ink bottle caps.
- Now open the ink tank cap and fill the ink in the respective ink tank.
- Wait until the ink tank gets filled, and do not squeeze the ink bottle.
- Close the ink tank cap.
- Close the scanner unit and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the ink charging process.
Step 4: Loading Paper
- Pull out the paper cassette from the printer.
- Align the paper guide by squeezing the paper guide to make the paper fit the tray.
- Place the paper on the tray by keeping the printable side facing down in Epson ET 8500 Setup.
- Adjust the paper guide and make sure that the edges do not get damaged.
- Close the paper tray and configure the paper settings on the printer touch screen.
Step 5: Installation Of Software
- Turn on the computer and make sure that you connect it to the Wi-Fi to which Epson ET 8500 is connected.
- Insert the Epson printer driver CD to install the software.
- You can also download the software from the official web page of Epson.
- Download the software that supports your PC’s OS.
- Search for the setup file on the Downloads page and double click on the file for Epson ET 8500 Setup software installation.
- Click Start setup on the welcome page and choose the Connection method as Wireless connection.
- Click Next and carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Wait until the successfully connected message appears on the desktop.
EPSON ET 8500 DRIVER
Epson ET 8500 Driver enables you to access the printer from a PC, and it helps the user to get the optimum utilization of the printer. Learn the steps to download the printer driver for Windows and Mac by referring to the sections below.
EPSON ET 8500 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Turn on your Windows computer and connect it to the Internet.
- Open any web browser and go to the official web page of Epson ET 8500 Setup.
- Search for the printer model and select the Support tab on the Epson ET 8500 page.
- Choose the Downloads section and make sure that you choose the correct OS of your PC.
- Select the printer driver from the list and click on the Download.
- Wait until the download gets completed and install the software.
EPSON ET 8500 DRIVER FOR MAC
- Make sure that your Mac device is connected to the Internet and open a web browser.
- Go to the Epson official web page and search for the Epson ET 8500 printer.
- Select the Support tab and choose the Downloads section on the Epson ET 8500 Setup page.
- Choose the correct OS of your Mac and select the driver from the list.
- Click Download.
EPSON ET 8500 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
You can download the Epson ET 8500 Manual from the official web page of Epson.
Go to the Epson official web page and search for the Epson ET 8500 printer model. Select the Support tab and choose the Manuals and Warranty section. Select the Manual from the list and click Download.
EPSON ET 8500 SCAN SETUP
- Make sure that you have installed the scanner driver on your computer.
- Lift the scanner document cover and place the document on the Epson ET 8500 Setup scanner glass.
- Close the scanner document cover and tap on the printer touch screen to view the Home screen.
- Tap on the Home icon and select the Scan option.
- Choose the location where you want to save the scanned document.
- Configure the scan settings such as type of scan, resolution, format, etc.
- Tap Scan to scan the document.
EPSON ET 8500 SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Check whether the Epson ET 8500 is connected to the computer.
- Place your scan document on the scanner glass platen.
- Tap the Home screen and select the Scan option.
- Select Scan to computer from the list and choose the location where you want to save the scanned document on the computer.
- Choose the scan type, format, resolution, etc., and tap Scan again to scan the document on Epson ET 8500 Setup.
EPSON ET 8500 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi Direct option is enabled on the printer.
- Open your Android mobile and go to Settings.
- Choose Network settings and choose the Wi-Fi option.
- Turn on the toggle nearby the Wi-Fi option and search for the nearby available network devices.
- Choose the Epson ET 8500 printer from the list on the mobile and wait until the devices get connected.
- Now access the file that you want to print and tap on the Options.
- Choose the print option and configure the print settings.
- Tap Print again to print the document.
EPSON ET 8500 WIRELESS SETUP
Make sure that the Wi-Fi router is turned on and the Epson ET 8500 Setup is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Tap on the Home screen on your printer and select the Network icon on the Home screen.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option and touch Start setup.
- Choose the Wi-Fi setup wizard from the list.
- Your device will search for the nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your Wi-Fi network name and type in the password.
- Wait until the connected message appears on the printer screen.
EPSON ET 8500 AIRPRINT SETUP
- Make sure that your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct feature is turned on.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings.
- Choose the Wi-Fi option.
- Search for the available networks nearby and select the Epson ET 8500 Setup from the list.
- Wait until the printer connects to the Apple device, and once connected, open the file you want to print.
- Tap the Share option followed by Print.
- Configure the print settings and tap Print again to print the document.
EPSON ET 8500 TROUBLESHOOT
It is common that all printers do face problems, and it is easy to get them fixed as well. Here we have given few of the common problems one may face with his/her Epson ET 8500 printer along with the simple solutions.
EPSON ET 8500 NOT PRINTING
- Check whether the printer screen shows any error regarding being unable to print.
- If yes, then perform a basic solution respective to the issue that occurs.
- Ensure that the Epson ET 8500 Setup is placed within the Wi-Fi range and that all settings have been done perfectly.
- Sometimes if the paper support is empty, the printer will be unable to print.
- Make sure to download the latest version of the printer driver.
- Try connecting the printer to your computer after updating the printer driver.
EPSON ET 8500 WON’T CONNECT TO WI-FI
- Restart both the printer as well as Wi-Fi router and try reconnecting.
- Sometimes running the printer continuously will result in the printer being unable to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Check whether the Wi-Fi network is strong. The device will not connect if the network is poor and weak.
- Move the Epson ET 8500 Setup close to your router and see if it is connecting.
- Check whether you have provided the correct SSID details.
- Still, if the printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi, reset the network settings and then retry the connection setup.
EPSON ET 8500 PAPER JAM
It is another common error that occurs with every printer. Once the printer stops due to paper jam, remove the jammed paper from the printer and try printing.
Check the print queue. If there are lots of print jobs pending in the queue, it will result in a paper jam. So go to the printer properties and cancel the documents from the queue.
- Go to the Devices and printer page and make sure that the Epson ET 8500 printer is listed.
- Double click on the printer and select the Printer tab.
- Choose Cancel all the documents from the list and try printing again.
- Make sure that the Epson ET 8500 Setup issue is fixed.