INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ET 8550 SETUP
Epson ET 8550 is a wireless All-in-One printer that delivers lab-quality prints, vibrant colors, wide-format color photos, and sharp text that enhances the document’s quality and makes your work professional. The device also comes with additional features like borderless printing, and touchscreen LCD. The printer decreases your efforts by providing all the functions, such as printing, scanning, and copying. You can also access your printer via a wireless network and connect your printer to any device with an Internet connection. As the device is user-friendly, Epson ET 8550 Setup is a simple process.
Unboxing and Basic Setup
Step 1: Unpacking Epson ET 8550
- Unpack the printer from the box and extract all the materials from the package.
- Remove all the protective cover and seals from the printer.
- Open the scanner unit and remove the blue protective material from the printer.
- Close the scanner unit and place the printer to access both the Wi-Fi and power outlet easily.
Step 2: Turn on Epson ET 8550
Connect one of the ends of the power cord to the printer and another end to the power outlet. Press the Power button and ensure that the LED light on the printer turns on. Select your Country, Language, etc., and follow the instructions on the printer screen to configure the Epson ET 8550 Setup settings.
Step 3: Fill in the ink
After configuring the printer settings, the printer screen will guide you to fill the ink tank.
Open the ink tank cover on the right side of the Epson ET 8550 printer.
- Unpack the protective cover from the black ink bottle and remove the bottle cap.
- Now, open the ink tank cap.
- Fill the ink in the black ink tank, and make sure that you do not squeeze the bottle.
- Wait until the ink fills the tank and remove the bottle and close the ink tank cap firmly.
- Now, you have to repeat the steps for the other ink bottles and make sure that you fill the ink according to the respective ink tank colors in Epson ET 8550 Setup.
- After filling the ink, close the ink tank cover and follow the instructions on the printer screen to charge the ink.
- Tap Start to charge the ink and wait until the ink charging takes place.
Step 4: Loading paper into Epson ET 8550
- After charging the ink, pull out the paper cassette to load the paper.
- Slide the edge guide by squeezing the guide so that you can place the paper to fit the cassette.
- Place the paper on the cassette by keeping the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the edge guide and make sure that no damages occur on the edges of the paper.
- Now, close the paper cassette.
Step 5: Installation of the Epson ET 8550 Setup software
- Insert the Epson ET 8550 software installation CD into your CD drive and install the software.
- You can even download the software from the official web page of Epson.
- Make sure that you have a stable Internet connection.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Download the appropriate driver and make sure that you download the software that supports your OS.
- Install the software after accepting the Terms and Conditions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and select Connect via wireless network on the connection method page.
- Wait until the message displays your printer is connected successfully.
Epson ET 8550 Driver
The Epson ET 8550 driver enables access to the printer from the device to which it is connected and extracts the printer’s optimum output. The driver helps the Epson ET 8550 Setup to communicate with the computer/device.
Epson ET 8550 Driver for Windows
- The Epson ET 8550 driver can be downloaded from the official web page of Epson.
- Turn on your Windows PC and connect it to the Internet.
- Go to the official web page of Epson and search for the name and model of the printer.
- Your desktop will pop up with the Epson ET 8550 page, select Support and click the Downloads tab.
- The Operating system box will be available below the Downloads tab.
- Choose your Windows operating system from the list and click on the Driver to download the software.
- Wait until the downloading process gets completed.
- Install the software by accepting the Terms and Conditions and connecting the Epson ET 8550 Setup to your PC.
Epson ET 8550 Driver for Mac
- Open your Mac and go to the official web page of the Epson printer. Search for the printer model and select Support on the Epson ET 8550 page.
- Click on the Downloads tab, choose the operating system below the Downloads tab, and select your Mac version .
- Click on the Driver and select Download after providing the operating system.
- Search and locate the downloaded file and double-click to install the software.
Epson ET 8550 Manual Download
The Epson ET 8550 Manual helps to access and operate your printer quickly and smoothly without any confusion.
- Turn on your PC and then go to the official web page of Epson.
- Search for the Epson ET 8550 Setup and select Support on the Epson ET 8550 page.
- Choose the Manuals and Warranty tab on the support page.
- The list of manuals will be available in the Manuals and warranty section.
- Click on the Manual and download it.
Epson ET 8550 Scan Setup
Scanning can be done by simple and easy steps on Epson ET 8550, which has features like scan to computer, a memory device, cloud storage, etc. You can use any one of the above methods.
- Turn on your printer.
- Open the scanner unit of your printer.
- Place the originals on the glass platen and press Scan on the Epson ET 8550 Setup control panel.
- Select the place where the scanning document should be saved and click OK to scan the document.
Epson ET 8550 Scan to Computer
Epson ET 8550 has an additional Scan to Computer feature, which can be performed using the printer control panel or the computer. Let us see how to scan to a computer by using the control panel.
- Turn on your PC and open the scanner unit.
- Place the originals on the glass platen and select Scan on the control panel.
- Confirm that your Eosin printer is connected to the computer.
- Select the Scan to computer option and tap OK.
- Select the Type of Scan, and choose whether to scan both sides or single side alone, and press OK.
- You can scan either document or photo and change the Epson ET 8550 Setup settings according to the document/photo.
- Choose the Destination to save the scanned document to your computer.
- Make sure that you save all the changes and press OK.
- Now, the scanned document will be saved on your computer.
Epson ET 8550 Mobile Printing Setup
- First, turn on your printer and then connect it to the Wi-Fi.
- Load the paper on the printer.
- Now, connect the Android device and to the same Wi-Fi network to which your printer is connected.
- Download and install the Epson smart panel app from the play store.
- Next, open the app and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the Epson ET 8550 Setup.
- After connecting to the printer, select the document and tap on the Print option.
Epson ET 8550 wireless setup
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router and place the printer within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Tap on the Epson ET 8550 printer screen to access the Home screen.
- Select and tap on the Wi-Fi signal at the top of the home screen.
- Select Wi-Fi (recommended) on the network connection settings screen and tap Start setup.
- On the connection via wireless router screen, tap on the Wi-Fi setup wizard option.
- The Epson ET 8550 Setup screen will search for the available networks and select your Wi-Fi network after scanning the nearby networks.
- Make sure that you have the Wi-Fi network credentials.
- Provide the required details, such as network name and password and click Next.
- Wait until the message displays that your device is successfully connected.
Epson ET 8550 Airprint Setup
- First, turn on your printer and then connect it to the Wi-Fi network.
- Load the paper into the printer.
- Take your Apple device and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network to which the printer is connected.
- Choose the document or web page on your Apple device and tap the Share icon.
- Now, tap the Print option.
- Start printing from the Apple device to the Epson ET 8550 Setup.
Epson ET 8550 Troubleshoot
Epson ET 8550 troubleshooting helps to identify and rectify the problems that cause trouble to you and get rid of all the printer problems. The troubleshooting and get help page will be attached to the manual.
Epson ET 8550 not printing
The device stops printing due to some technical issues. It can be resolved by simple steps such as restarting the printer, checking the Internet connectivity, checking the printer properties, etc. If the paper gets jammed, such issues may occur, so try to remove the jammed paper. Ensure that the Epson ET 8550 Setup is properly connected to your PC. Sometimes, if the driver is not installed properly, it will result in such issues. Make sure that you identify the issue and rectify it manually.
Epson ET 8550 won’t connect to Wi-Fi
Connectivity issues are caused due to inappropriate or incorrect credentials. So, make sure that you provide the correct Wi-Fi name and password while you are connecting the printer to your wireless network. If everything is perfect, then try restarting your router. Try to resume printing after a few minutes.
Check whether the Wi-Fi router is near the Epson ET 8550 Setup because you cannot access it if it is placed apart. In case the problem persists, try connecting to another router.
Epson ET 8550 Paper Jam
- Paper jam is one of the common errors that can be solved simply by removing the jammed paper. Open your scanner unit and remove the jammed paper slowly and close the scanner unit.
- If the print jobs are in queue and are pending, paper jams can occur. So, try accessing the printer properties and select the Cancel all documents option.
- While removing the jammed paper from the Epson ET 8550 Setup, ensure that you do not damage the paper any further.