- EPSON ET 8700
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON ET 8700 SETUP
Epson ET 8700 is an all-in-one multifunctional printer; it can print, scan, fax, and copy. This printer is compact and is mainly designed for small office usage. You can scan double-sided and perform multi-document scans through the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).This printer yields high-quality output at a very low cost. It prints at a speed of 24 ppm or pages per minute with 4800 x 1200 dpi resolution. You can view the unboxing and complete setup of the Epson ET 8700 printer in a step-by-step method on this page. Without any extra support, you can unbox and setup the printer on your own.
Unboxing and Basic Setup:
First, open the box and take all the components out of it. These are the box components:
- The Epson ET 8700 printer
- Getting Started Guide
- Setup CD-ROM
- Power Cord
- DURABrite Ultra Pigment Ink Packs (Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow)
- Once the printer is taken from the box, place the Epson ET 8700 on a flat surface.
- Remove the blue protective tapes from all the sides of the printer.
- Lift the scanner unit and then remove all the protective tapes and materials from inside the printer.
- Insert the output tray into the respective slot.
- Plug one end of the supplied power cord to the printer’s AC inlet and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Now, press the printer’s Power button to turn it ON.
- Set the language, country, and time on the printer’s LCD screen.
How To Install Ink Packs?
- Ensure that the printer is turned ON.
- Slide to unlock the switch and then open the front cover/ink pack tray cover.
- Remove the packing material from the ink tray.
- Now, gently press the ink pack tray and then pull it.
- Remove the protective material from the ink tray.
- Take an ink pack, shake it for a few seconds, and then remove the ink pack from the package.
- Don’t touch the green chip on the ink pack.
- Move the handle on the ink pack to the forward position and then place the ink pack in the respective ink pack tray.
- Make sure that the top of the ink pack and the ink pack tray are in the same position.
- Slide the ink pack into the ink pack tray until it snaps.
- Repeat these steps to install the rest of the ink packs and do follow the ink pattern mentioned on the Epson ET 8700 printer.
- Finally, close the ink pack tray cover and then slide the switch to lock the cover.
- On the printer control panel, tap OK to start the ink charging process. The ink charging takes seven to eight minutes.
- Wait until the ink charging is complete message appears on the LCD screen.
- Finally, the ink pack installation is completed successfully.
Steps To Load A Paper Stack:
- Before loading paper into the printer, make sure that the ink charging process is completed.
- First, pull the paper cassette completely out of the printer.
- Now, slide the side edge guides to their extreme positions and adjust the front edge guide according to the paper size.
- Load a paper stack with the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guides to hold the edges of the paper stack.
- Make sure that you have loaded the paper below the cassette level.
- Finally, insert the paper cassette fully into the printer.
- Now, pull out the output tray extension.
- Hopefully, the Epson ET 8700 printer unboxing and basic setup are now completed successfully.
Epson ET 8700 Driver For Windows:
- On your Windows computer, open the default web browser.
- Go to the official Epson support website.
- On the home page, click the SUPPORT tab, and then click Printer.
- Type your printer model number in the Search by Product Name text box and then click Search.
- On the Epson ET 8700 page, click Downloads.
- The browser will automatically detect your computer’s Operating System, which is Windows.
- If you want to change the Operating System, click the Operating System drop-down box and then select the OS from the list.
- We recommend you to download the combo driver package, select the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer and then click Download.
- In case you want to download only the selected software, you can choose any software from the webpage and then start downloading.
Epson ET 8700 Driver For Mac:
- The Epson ET 8700 printer has separate drivers, utilities, and firmware for Mac.
- Let’s see the procedure to download the drivers on your Mac computer.
- On the Mac computer, launch the default browser and then go to the official Epson support website.
- On the Epson home page, click SUPPORT -> Printers.
- Type your printer name and model number in the Search by Product Name text box and then click Search.
- After that, you’ll be directed to the Epson ET 8700 support page.
- Click the Downloads tab, and your computer’s Operating System will be detected on the web page.
- If you want to change the Operating System, click the Operating System drop-down list and then choose the preferred Operating System from the list.
- Click Drivers to expand, now select Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer, and then click Download.
- You can separately download other software from the website.
- Finally, the driver downloading steps are complete.
Epson ET 8700 Manual Download:
- On the computer, launch the default web browser and then go to the official Epson support website.
- On the home page, click SUPPORT and then click Printer.
- Type your Epson printer model name in the Search by Product Name text box and then press the Enter key.
- On the Epson ET 8700 support page, click the Manuals & Warranty tab.
- Below the Manuals & Warranty tab, select any manual and then click Download.
- All the manuals are in PDF format; you can download or view them directly on the web browser.
- Finally, the Epson ET 8700 manual download steps are completed successfully.
Epson ET 8700 Scan Setup:
- Before starting the scan setup, make sure that the printer is turned ON.
- Download and install the scanner driver on your computer.
- Make sure that the Epson ET 8700 printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Once the scanner driver is installed, restart the computer.
- Open the document cover and then place the originals on the scanner glass.
- Make sure the scanning side faces the scanner glass.
- If you are scanning double-sided or a multi-page document, place the original documents in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- On the printer control panel, tap the Home button.
- Now, tap the Scan icon, and then you can select any type of scanning method on the Scan to screen.
Epson ET 8700 Scan to Computer:
- With the help of the Epson ET 8700 printer, you can quickly scan to a computer.
- Ensure the scanner driver is installed on your Windows computer.
- Check whether the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- On the Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon and then select Epson Software -> Document Capture Pro.
- On the Document Capture Pro window, click the Switch to Simple View button, which is located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Now, click the Job Settings button.
- Click the + New Job icon to add a new scanning job. Now, type a new name and perform the necessary settings. Then, click OK to save changes.
- While scanning to Document Capture Pro from the control panel, you need to click the Button Assignment icon to add a scanning job to the list.
- To choose a job from the list, press the drop-down icon and then click OK.
- Now, open the document cover and place the originals on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Scan icon on the printer control panel; now, the scanned document will be stored on the computer automatically.
Epson ET 8700 Wireless Setup:
- On the Windows computer, insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD drive and then double-click the setup file to installing the driver.
- If your Windows computer does not have a CD drive, then download the Epson driver from the official Epson support website.
- Once the driver download is complete, locate the downloaded file from the computer and then double-click to start the driver installation process.
- Read your license agreement carefully and click Yes to continue the driver installation process in the setup window.
- On the Software Selection screen, select the software you want to install on the computer and then click Install.
- Ensure the computer is connected to the network.
- Wait until the software installation process is complete.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, select the Wireless Connection radio button and then click Next.
- In case you are setting up the Epson ET 8700 printer for the first time, on the Select Setup Option screen, click the Setup printer for the first time radio button, and then click Next.
- Click Yes (recommended) on the Wi-Fi Auto Connect screen, and then click Next.
- On the Select a Wireless Network Setup Method screen, choose any one option on the screen; if you select the Using temporary USB cable connection radio button, connect the printer and computer via a USB cable and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you select the Using control panel radio button, then follow the below steps.
- When your computer is connected to the network, the setup wizard will display your network SSID and password on the screen.
- Click Show Network Password and then note down the network password. Now, click Next.
- If the screen prompts, go to the printer control panel, tap the Wi-Fi Network Connect icon, and then tap Router.
- Ensure the router is connected to the network and place the printer near the router.
- Now, tap Start Setup.
- On the Connection via Wi-Fi screen, tap Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Your printer will search for the available wireless router. Tap your home router SSID, and then tap password. Type the password that you have already saved. Now, tap OK -> Start Setup.
- If the Epson printer is connected to the wireless network, the Wi-Fi setup is complete message will appear on the printer’s LCD screen.
- Now, you’ll just have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
Epson ET 8700 Troubleshoot:
If the printer stops printing or any error message appears on the printer screen, try the troubleshooting methods given below to clear the issues.
Epson ET 8700 Not Printing:
- If the Epson printer is not printing, check if the printer is turned ON.
- Check if your power cord is damaged or not; if damaged, replace it with a new power cord.
- If the paper is jammed inside the Epson printer, remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Make sure the printer and the Windows computer are connected to the same network.
- If the printer is connected via a wired connection, unplug the Ethernet cable and then reconnect it.
- If the printer and the computer are directly connected via the supplied USB cable, remove the USB cable and then reconnect it.
- If the Epson ET 8700 printer is connected via a wireless network, check if the wireless connection is stable.
- Restart the router and then check the wireless connection.
- If the printer driver is outdated, uninstall the old drivers from the computer.
- Download and install the latest drivers from the Epson official website.
- Once the basic printer checkup is complete, restart the printer and the computer.
Steps to Clear Printer Offline Issue:
- On the Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon and then click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Devices.
- Click Printers & scanners in the Devices window.
- Select the Epson printer from the list and then click Open queue.
- Now, click the Printer tab.
- Under the Printer tab, deselect the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options.
- If the printer is not set as the default one, click Printer and select Set as Default Printer.
- If the pending or queuing documents are higher than you expect, click Printer -> Cancel All Documents.
- Now, your Epson printer will work normally.
- The Epson printer offline issue has been resolved successfully.
Epson ET 8700 Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi:
- If the printer doesn’t connect to the Wi-Fi network, check the wireless network connection.
- Make sure the Epson printer is placed near the router.
- Check the connections between the router and the modem.
- Turn OFF the router and wait for few seconds; now, turn ON the router and check if all the LED lights are lit.
- Reset the network settings on the control panel.
- Tap the Home icon if necessary.
- Next, tap Settings -> General Settings -> System Administration.
- If prompted, type the administrator password.
- On the Restore Default Settings screen, tap Network Settings and reset allthe network settings.
- Once the reset is over, connect the printer again to the wireless network.
- Finally, the Epson ET 8700 printer wireless network issue is cleared successfully.
Epson ET 8700 Paper Jam:
- If the paper is jammed on the front of the printer, turn off the printer, and then remove the power cord.
- Next, pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Grab the jammed paper and then gently pull the paper out of the printer.
- Once the jammed paper is entirely removed from the printer, check whether any paper pieces are still inside the printer and remove them completely.
- Now, insert the paper tray into the printer.
- If the paper is jammed inside the Epson printer, open the scanner cover.
- If the paper is jammed below the print head, slide the print head to the extreme end.
- Now, grab the jammed paper with your hands and gently remove the jammed paper from inside the printer.
- Once the jammed papers are removed from the printer, close the scanner cover.
- Now, reconnect the power cord and then press the Power button to turn ON the printer.
Finally, the Epson ET 8700 printer unboxing setup and troubleshooting are completed successfully.