- Epson Et M1170 Printer
EPSON ET M1170 SETUP (UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP)
Epson ET M1170 is a monochrome super-tank printer powered by Precision Core technology. With this printer, you can save up to 75% on printing costs. One ink bottle is enough to print 6,000 pages easily. This Epson Et M1170 Setup is also equipped with a 250-sheet paper tray for super-fast productivity, courtesy of the printing speed (20 pages per minute for black).
CONTENTS IN THE BOX:
- The Epson ET M1170 printer
- Ink bottle
- Power cord
- Installation CD
- Download the software from the official Epson support page or run the installation with the CD that came along with the printer.
- Wait for the installer to open and the connection screen to appear.
- On the connection screen, select the method of connection you want for the Epson printer.
- Follow the on-screen commands and complete the entire Epson ET M1170 setup.
When it comes to setup, there are two parts – Hardware and Software setups. Now, we are going to see the Hardware setup.
- Unpack the Epson printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective tape surrounding the printer body and discard it.
- Open the top cover, get rid of the protective tape present inside, and then close the cover.
- On the right side, open the ink tank cover and the ink tank cap.
- Unpack the ink bottle and remove the lid.
- Gently invert the bottle into the ink tank and wait for the tank to fill. Remove the bottle as soon as the ink reaches a certain level.
- Close the ink tank cap.
- Plug the power cord to the main power source and the rear end of the printer. Turn it on.
- Open the front cover and slide the paper cassette out.
- Adjust the paper guides inside according to the edges of the paper.
- Place a paper stack in the paper cassette.
- Keep the cassette flat as you push it gently into the printer.
- The Epson ET M1170 setup is complete.
Epson Et M1170 Driver Download
The Epson ET M1170 printer can function from a computer with the help of the driver. Once you have the driver downloaded onto your computer, you can perform all kinds of tasks that the printer supports. The driver for the printer can be downloaded from this page or the official Epson support page.
Epson Et M1170 Manual Download
- On this page, click the Manual Download button.
- The very next second, the user manual will be downloaded onto your computer.
- You can also download the manual from the official Epson page. Follow these steps to do it:
Epson Et M1170 Driver For Windows
- Click the Windows Driver Download button on this page.
- Once you click on the button, the driver for the Epson printer will be saved to your computer.
- An alternative way to get the driver is to download it from the official Epson page. To do this task, follow these steps:
- Open the support page for the Epson ET M1170 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Click the Operating System drop-down list.
- Select Windows and its version. Click GO.
- Go to the Recommended For You section.
- Click the Download button for the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer for Epson Et M1170 Setup.
Epson Et M1170 Driver For Mac
- Click on the Driver Download button on this page.
- The driver for the printer will be downloaded onto your computer.
- One more way to download the driver is from the official Epson support page.
- Open the Epson ET M1170 printer support page.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Click the Operating System drop-down list and select the Mac OS option.
- Go to the Recommended For You section.
- Click the Download button for the package installer on this page.
Epson Et M1170 Scan Setup
The Epson ET M1170 printer does not support scanning.
Epson Et M1170 Wireless Setup
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup): The WPS method works with a WPS-enabled router.
- Press & hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer for about 5 seconds until you see the Wi-Fi light and the Wi-Fi Direct light flash alternatively on Epson Et M1170 Setup.
- Press the router WPS button within the next 2 minutes.
- Once the connection is secure, the Wi-Fi light will turn green.
Epson Et M1170 Mobile Printing
- Download the Epson iPrint app on your smartphone. The Epson iPrint app is compatible with iOS (App Store) and Android devices (Google Play Store).
- Ensure that the smartphone is paired to the same wireless network as the Epson ET M1170 printer.
- Open the PDF document or an image you wish to print on the smartphone.
- Follow the prompts and complete the printing.
Epson Et M1170 Wi-fi Direct Setup
- On the printer control panel, hold the Wi-Fi button.
- Now, press and hold the Network status button until the Wi-Fi light and the Wi-Fi Direct light start flashing.
- The flashing will stop and the Wi-Fi Direct light will remain solid.
- Hold the Network status button for at least 5 seconds and the printer will print a network status sheet (The network status sheet will have the Wi-Fi Direct username and password).
- Open the wireless settings on your computer or smartphone.
- Locate the SSID that matches the name of the Wi-Fi Direct-enabled printer.
- Enter the password (printed on the sheet) and wait for the connection to be secure.
- The Wi-Fi Direct Setup for Epson ET M1170 setup is complete.
Epson Et M1170 Troubleshoot
The Epson ET M1170 printer has its fair share of issues. There are some problems you might face while operating the printer. Here are a few of those issues and the steps to troubleshoot them.
Epson Et M1170 Not Printing
- Make sure that the Epson printer is connected to the power source and turned on.
- If the printer is connected using a USB cable, check if this cable is properly attached to the computer and the printer.
- Check and see if the printer is not offline or idle for a long time.
- Make sure that you are using a proper printer driver. You can remove the printer driver and reinstall it from this page or the Epson support page.
- Delete the pending print jobs from the queue.
- Ensure that there is no paper jam error, which is one main cause for the Epson ET M1170 Setup not printing problem.
Epson Et M1170 Paper Feed Problem
If you are having paper feed problems with your Epson ET M1170 printer, try these steps.
- Make sure that you have the paper stack set properly inside the paper cassette.
- Remove the paper sheets from the cassette, arrange them properly, and get rid of the crushed and jammed paper.
- Do not exceed the paper limit in the paper cassette (main cause for paper feed problem).
- Make sure that the paper inside the cassette meets the print settings that you have set.
- Check for paper jams and get rid of them from the printer.
- Ensure that you use smooth, high-quality paper and also make sure that it is not curled or damaged.
- Get rid of the errors from the Epson Et M1170 Setup control panel.
Epson Et M1170 Paper Jam
PAPER JAM IN THE FRONT OF THE PRINTER:
- Cancel any ongoing print jobs.
- Next, open the front cover of the printer.
- Inside the printer, lower the output selector.
- Locate and remove the jammed paper slowly.
- Close the output selector and the front cover of the printer.
PAPER JAM INSIDE THE PRINTER:
- Make sure that the Epson printer is turned on.
- Lift the top cover of the printer.
- Inside, look for the jammed paper and remove it from the printer.
- Lower the top cover of the Epson ET M1170 printer.
PAPER JAM IN THE REAR COVER:
- Power off the printer and turn it to the rear side.
- At the back, hold the buttons and remove the rear cover.
- Inside, look for the jammed paper and remove it slowly.
- Close the rear cover back to the slot in Epson Et M1170 Setup.