- Home »
- Epson pm 400 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON PM 400 SETUP
Epson PictureMate 400 is a stylish and compact photo printer that is ideal for printing high-quality photos at a lower cost. The printer has a paper capacity of 50 sheets. Epson PM 400 supports various connectivity options such as Wi-Fi, USB connection, Wi-Fi Direct, Mopria (Android), and Apple AirPrint (iOS). Here we will discuss the Epson PM 400 setup in detail.
Unboxing and Basic Setup
Before going to the unboxing and the initial setup, you need to be aware of the contents that come along with the package. The box contents include:
- A Power cord
- User guide
- 4 X 6 photo paper
- Ink cartridge
- The Epson PM 400 printer
Now, perform these steps to unbox the printer and set it up.
- Unbox the printer and its other contents from the box package.
- Remove all the plastic materials from the printer, as well as from the ink cartridges.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the rear end of the printer and the other end to the electric outlet.
- Firmly press the power button once to turn on the printer.
- Once the printer is booted, use the touch screen and dedicated buttons to select the language of your choice.
- Follow it up by selecting your current region/country.
- Now it’s time for you to install the ink cartridge into the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Install the ink cartridge into its slot.
- While pushing the ink cartridge, you will hear a click sound which means the cartridge is installed properly.
- It takes about 4 minutes to charge the ink cartridge completely.
- Insert a paper to print a general printer report.
- Adjust the paper guides so the paper does not come out from the input tray.
- Check the quality of the printout.
- Now, you have completed unboxing and basic printer setup.
Epson PM 400 Driver
After you finish the basic printer setup, you need to connect the printer to a computer. For this, you need the printer driver. To download and install the drivers for the Windows and Mac computers, go through the steps given here.
Epson PM 400 Driver For Windows
- Go to your default web browser and enter the URL for the official Epson support page to the printer—Epson PM 400.
- On the support page, under the Downloads section, choose the Operating System and click on GO.
- In the Recommended For You section, click on Download.
- Once the download is complete, carry on with the installation process.
- Double click on the driver file to start the installation.
- Read the installation agreements carefully and choose an installation method (wired or wireless setup).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation on your Windows computer.
Epson PM 400 Driver For Mac
- Connect your Mac to the Internet.
- Open the default web browser and go to the Epson printer’s official support page.
- Scroll down the web page and click on Download.
- Under the Downloads section, choose your Mac’s operating system and hit GO.
- Click on Download to start the download process.
- After downloading the drivers, double-click on the driver file to start the installation.
- Choose an installation method when prompted. You can choose a wired or wireless setup.
- Complete the driver installation and printer setup on your Mac with the instructions displayed.
Epson PM 400 Manual Download
Go to the printer’s official support page and click on Manuals and Warranty. Click on the User’s Guide option to view the manual. However, you can save the manual by clicking on the download icon.
Epson PM 400 Scan Setup
Scanning enables you to create a digital version of your document (physical copy). But, Epson PM 400 does not support scan functionality.
Epson PM 400 Scan to Computer
Epson PM 400 is a PictureMate printer that is ideal for printing sharp and crisp photos. The printer does not support normal scanning as well as scan to computer functionality.
Epson PM 400 Mobile Printing Setup
- On your smartphone connected to the Internet, open the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS).
- In the search bar, type Epson iPrint.
- A list of similar applications will appear on your screen.
- Choose the official Epson iPrint application and install the same on your smartphone.
- Open the Epson iPrint application.
- On the home page, you can read the Software License Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Once you complete reading all the policies, tap Agree to continue.
- Allow all the media permissions so that the application can access your entire phone storage.
- By giving the storage permission, you can perform all the print functions efficiently.
- After adding the printer to the app, you can easily print from your smartphone.
Epson PM 400 wireless setup
Here we will discuss the steps that are involved in the wireless setup of your printer.
- Connect your Epson printer to a reliable power source.
- On the front panel, you will be able to view a Wi-Fi button.
- Press it once, so the Wi-Fi Direct connection gets turned on.
- Load some photo paper in the input tray.
- Make sure the photo paper is not folded from the sides.
- Now press and hold the i Button for a few seconds.
- You will notice that your printer starts printing its Network Status Sheet.
- You can go through it and view all the printer information.
- On the second half of the page, you can see the text Wi-Fi Direct connection is on.
- If you see that the Wi-Fi Direct connection is off, then follow the above steps once again and print the Network Status Sheet.
- Apart from this, make sure you note down the printer’s default password.
- Establish a connection between the Epson printer and the computer.
- Select any document that you want to print.
- On the Printer settings page, modify the print properties such as the number of copies, paper size, media type, layout, print quality, paper source, color, sharpness, etc.
- After choosing the appropriate settings, tap on Done.
- Finally, tap on the Print button.
- Now you will receive the printed document on your Epson PM 400 printer.
Epson PM 400 AirPrint Setup
The printer and your iOS device should be on the same network for AirPrint. There is no necessity of installing the printer drivers or software.
- On your iOS device, open the page that you want to print.
- Tap the share icon and then tap on Print.
- Select your Epson printer.
- Also, select and change any desired printer options.
- Now you will receive the printed document on your Epson PM 400 printer.
Epson PM 400 Troubleshooting
Some of the most common issues faced by printer users are related to printer connectivity and paper feeding. At times, there might be issues with the print quality as well. In case your Epson PM 400 printer is not printing, or if the printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi, the steps given here will help you get around the issue. If you are stuck with any other printer issues, let’s fix them for you. Call our technician and get on with your printing.
Epson PM 400 Not Printing
- Make sure that your printer has a reliable power supply.
- Try connecting the printer to your computer either wirelessly or via a USB connection.
- Check if the ink cartridge is appropriately installed.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on with paper loaded in the input tray.
- Download the appropriate drivers from your printer manufacturer’s website.
- If you are using a PC (Windows OS), then verify that your printer’s Use Printer Offline option is deselected.
- If necessary, remove and reinstall the printer driver for your Epson PM 400 printer.
- Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged.
Epson PM 400 Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
- Check whether the printer is plugged into a reliable power supply.
- Ensure that the Status LED is glowing.
- Check the LEDs for any errors. If found, troubleshoot the error to fix the Wi-Fi connection issue.
- Move the Epson printer closer to your router to avoid interference.
- Make sure that your Epson printer and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Try restarting your printer, router, and computer, and ensure that they are not in sleep mode.
- Go to the Wireless Setup Wizard and check whether your printer is showing up the nearby routers.
- Try to reconnect to your router by entering the router credentials.
- Update the latest software and drivers for your printer.
- If the connection issue is not solved, try to reinstall the printer drivers.
- Verify that the Epson PM 400 is set as the default printer on your PC.
- If you have made all the adjustments, then try to print a test page.
- If the test page prints, then the printer issue is solved.