- Home »
- Epson WF 2860
Epson WF 2860 Setup
Epson WF 2860 is an All-in-One printer that prints at a resolution of 4800 * 1200 dpi. This printer supports printing, scanning, copying, and faxing operations. To set up the Epson WF 2860 printer, carry out the quick steps for Epson WF 2860 setup given on our web page.
- Remove all the materials and tapes from the inside and outside of the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- Plug the power cord between the rear side of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Lift the printer’s control panel, press the Power button, and set your language, country, and time.
- Open the scanner unit and remove any packing materials in it.
- Shake the new ink cartridges well before unpacking them.
- Place the unpacked ink cartridge in the holder correctly.
- Do the same to install the rest of the ink cartridges.
- Once done, the Epson WF 2860 printer charges ink. It takes 5 minutes for the process to complete.
- Now, the Charging is Complete message will be displayed on the printer’s LCD panel.
- Draw out the paper cassette, place a few sheets of paper, and adjust the paper guides.
- Push the paper cassette and proceed with the LCD panel instructions to customize the print settings.
- If you want to send a fax on the Epson WF 2860 printer, connect a phone cord between a telephone wall jack and the LINE port of the printer.
- Download the printer software from the manufacturer website and install it on your computer as per the on-screen guidelines.
- Make sure to establish a connection between the printer and the computer.
- Follow these steps we can perform the Epson WF 2860 setup.
Epson WF 2860 Driver Download
- Just click the Driver Download button available on this site to download the Epson WF 2860 printer driver on your computer.
- Otherwise, to download several printer software, go to the manufacturer website and search for the model name of your printer.
- After clicking the Downloads tab, choose your computer’s OS from the Operating System drop-down menu. You will see a list of available printer drivers on the screen.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Package Installer file by selecting the Download option. You can also download any other printer utility if required.
- Make sure to install the downloaded printer driver on the computer.
Epson WF 2860 Driver for Mac
- Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer is a comprehensive file, and the manufacturer recommends downloading driver file this to access all the functions and features of the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- Visit the official Epson website, navigate to the Downloads section, and choose macOS X from the Operating System drop-down list.
- Download the recommended driver and install it on your Mac computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- You can also click the Driver Download link provided below to instantly download the Epson WF 2860 printer for Mac.
- Using these steps we can perform the Epson WF 2860 setup.
Epson WF 2860 Manual
- Click the Manual Download link given below to download a soft copy of the Epson WF 2860 printer manual.
- You can also get the soft copy of the printer manual by clicking the PDF link next to User’s Guide on the manufacturer’s site.
- If needed, get a hard copy of the Epson WF 2860 printer manual by clicking the Print icon.
Epson WF 2860 Wireless Setup
Proceed with any one of the following procedures to perform the wireless setup for the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- Download and install the newest version of the printer software on your computer.
- Go to the Epson WF 2860 printer’s control panel, press the Home button, and select the Wireless Network icon.
- Select Wi-Fi (Recommended) -> Start Setup or Change Settings -> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- You can see the available networks on the Select Access Point screen.
- Choose the SSID or network name of your wireless router. If the SSID is not available in the list, select the Enter Manually option and type the network name correctly.
- Once done, type the security key or password of the wireless router and select the OK option.
- Review the network information and select the Start Setup option.
- If the wireless setup is successful, you can print a Check Report page by selecting the Print Check Report option.
- If you do not want to print this page, just select the OK option.
- Finally, return to the Home screen by pressing the Epson WF 2860 printer’s control panel.
- Proceed these steps we can perform the Epson WF 2860 setup.
- If your wireless router supports WPS, you can prefer this procedure for the wireless setup.
- On the home screen of the Epson WF 2860 printer, press the Wireless icon and select the following options.
- Wi-Fi (Recommended)
- Start Setup or Change Settings
- Push Button Setup (WPS)
- Continue with the LCD panel prompts to finish the wireless setup.
- Press the Home button followed by the Wireless icon and select Wi-Fi Direct -> Start Setup -> Start Setup.
- The Wi-Fi Direct screen opens, which displays the SSID and password.
- Go to your computer or other wireless devices to choose the SSID that is displayed on the LCD panel.
- Type the Wi-Fi Direct password. Go back to the Epson WF 2860 printer’s LCD panel and select the OK option to finish.
Epson WF 2860 Scan To Computer
- Lift-open the Epson WF 2860 printer’s document cover, place a document with its printed side facing down on the scanner glass, and close the cover.
- You can also place the document in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Select the Scan option on the home screen of the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- Select the Computer option followed by the Select a computer option.
- If you have connected your computer to the Epson printer over a wireless network, select your computer name from the displayed list.
- Otherwise, select the USB Connection.
- Choose either the Save as PDF or Save as JPEG option. If needed, customize the scan settings using the Event Manager program.
- After you select the Scan option, the Epson WF 2860 printer scans the document and sends it to the connected computer.
- By following these steps we can perform the Epson WF 2860 setup.
Epson WF 2860 Double Sided Scanning
- Make sure to place your original document in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) correctly.
- Launch the Epson Scan 2 program on your computer and customize the scan settings as per your requirement.
- Choose the ADF – Double Sided option from the Document Source drop-down menu.
- Start the scanning function by selecting the Scan option.
- The Epson WF 2860 printer scans the both the sides of the page automatically.
Epson WF 2860 Scan Multiple Pages
- Place the document with multiple pages that you want to scan in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) of the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- Start the Epson Scan 2 software on your computer and provide the correct information in the required fields.
- Make sure to select either the PDF or Multi-TIFF option from the File Format menu.
- Once the Scan option is selected, the Epson WF 2860 printer scans the document.
- The printer will scan all the pages, and the scanned images will be saved as a single file.
Epson WF 2860 Airprint
- Check if you have placed enough plain paper in the printer’s paper tray.
- The Epson WF 2860 printer and your iOS device must be connected to the same wireless network.
- Go to the image or photo that you want to print, tap the Share icon at the bottom-left end of the screen, and select the Print option.
- Tap the Select Printer option and choose the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- After you tap the Print option, the printer prints the image.
- Using these steps we can perform the Epson WF 2860 setup.
Epson WF 2860 Not Printing
If the Epson WF 2860 printer does not print the file assigned from your computer, perform the following troubleshooting steps.
- Check if the USB cable connected between the Epson printer and your printer is functioning and properly plugged between the correct ports.
- Note: Do not use a USB hub.
- Check if the status of the Epson WF 2860 printer is offline. If so, you need to disable the Use Printer Offline feature for your printer under Printer Properties.
- Now, print a test page to check if the printer prints it.
- If the issue persists, check if you have installed the latest version of the printer driver on the computer. If not, update the driver.
- Set the Epson WF 2861 printer as the default one.
- On the computer, go to the Printer Settings window and navigate to the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Print Queue option, choose a print job, and delete it from Windows Spooler.
Epson WF 2860 Not Printing Black Ink
Check if the Epson printer is turned on.Go to the Printer Settings window and check if the print settings are correct.
Print head nozzle:
- Place a few sheets of paper in the tray, go to the control panel of the Epson WF 2860 printer, and select the Maintenance option followed by the Print Head Nozzle Check option.
- Select the Print option. This will print a Nozzle Pattern page.
- If the printed page shows any gaps in the lines, you have to clean the print head.
- Make sure to align the print head.
- Check if the status of the black ink cartridge is not low. To do, select the Ink icon on the home screen of the Epson WF 2860 printer.
- If the ink level is low in the black ink cartridge, replace it with a new one as per the instructions given here.
- Select the Maintenance option followed by the Ink Cartridge Replacement option.
- Open the Epson WF 2860 printer’s scanner unit.
- Press the black ink cartridge and remove it from the holder.
- Take the new black ink cartridge, shake it, and unpack it.
- Insert and push the new black ink cartridge in the holder correctly.
- Close the scanner unit properly.
- By using these steps we can perform the Epson WF 2860 setup.