- Home »
- Setup: Epson WF-3620
Epson WF 3620 Setup
Epson Workforce 3620 is an All-in-One Inkjet printer that can print, copy, fax, and scan easily. It is ideal for small businesses, or office print jobs. The printer can perform duplex printing with durable water-resistant prints. The printer has a 35-page two-sided auto document feeder. The input paper loading capacity is up to 250-sheets. The control panel has a 2.7” touchscreen panel for easy navigation. You can easily print wirelessly from your devices.
Follow these steps are given below the Epson WF 3620 Setup and configure the printer.
Step 1: Unpacking the Epson printer
- The printer accessories included in the package contains the following.
- Ink cartridges
- French control panel stickers
- Manuals and Guides
- Installation disc
- Power cord
- First, take out the printer from the cartoon box.
- Place the printer on an elevated surface, which is away from the direct sunlight.
- Remove the styrofoam covers, tapes, plastic films, and other packing materials from the printer.
Step 2: Configuring the Epson printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer.
- Plug in the other end of the power cord to an AC outlet.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button on the Control panel.
- Raise the Control panel angle to a convenient position.
- Now, choose your language using the touchscreen display on the printer.
- Set the date, time, and other required settings.
- Use the following steps we can proceed the Epson WF 3620 Setup.
Step 3: Installing the ink cartridges
- Raise the scanner unit and open the ink tank cover.
- If you find and tapes or packing materials inside the printer, remove them.
- Unpack each cartridge from its cover.
- Remove the yellow tape on them. Make sure not to touch the other contacts on the cartridges to avoid ink leakage.
- Shake the black ink cartridge before you insert it.
- Insert all cartridges into the right slots.
- You can check the color code label on the tank for reference.
- Once you have inserted all the ink cartridges, verify whether the color codes match on the label.
- Close the ink tank cover and scanner unit.
- The printer starts a priming process to charge the ink.
- Wait until the priming process is complete.
- Ensure that you do not turn off the printer while the priming process takes place.
- Following these steps we can proceed the Epson WF 3620 Setup.
Step 4: Loading paper
- Pull out the paper input paper tray and move the paper guides to the corners of the tray.
- Now, tap the stack of paper on a flat surface and fan them well before loading.
- Place a paper stack into the tray, and slide the guides to the edges of the paper such that they do not fold them.
- Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Fix the input paper tray into the printer.
- Extend the paper output tray and raise the flap to avoid falling of paper.
- Set the correct paper settings on the printer’s control panel.
Step 5: Setting up fax
- To set up the printer for fax, plug in a telephone line cord to your phone wall jack, and connect the other end to the Line port on the rear side of the printer.
- Press the Start button to set up fax.
- Complete the rest of the instructions on the screen.
- To set up later, press on the Close button
Step 6: Connecting the printer to your device
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- If you don’t have a CD drive, you can download the printer software from the official Epson website.
- Run the installer file and choose a connection method when prompted.
- The printer supports Wireless connection, Direct USB connection, and Wired Network connection.
- For a Wireless connection, you have to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Connect the printer and computer using a USB cable, when prompted for a Direct USB connection.
- For a Wired network connection, you have to connect the printer, computer, and router using an Ethernet cable.
- If you want to connect the printer to your mobile device, download the Epson Connect application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Using these steps we can proceed the Epson WF 3620 Setup.
Epson WF 3620 Driver Download
Downloading the driver for the printer is much easier. Open the official Epson website from your browser. When you are on the Epson Global page, select the Click here link and choose your country from the displayed list. On the Support page, enter the printer’s model number and click Search. Select the Downloads tab and choose your operating system from the drop-down list. Now, select the required driver and click on the Download button next to it. You can now proceed to install the driver by running the installer file.
Epson WF 3620 Driver For Mac
To download the driver for your Mac device, go to the official Epson support site. Enter the printer model number, and press the Enter key. Navigate to the Downloads tab, and choose the operating system as Mac. Select the required driver and click on the Download button. Double-click on the downloaded file and agree with the license agreement of Epson. Checkmark the software you want to install and click Install. Choose your connection method, and follow the rest of the instructions on the screen to install the printer software.
Epson WF 3620 Manual
Don’t have the Epson WF 3620 manual with you? You can now download it here, or from the official Epson website. Navigate to the Support page and select Printers. Click All-in-Ones and choose the Workforce Series. Now, you can select your printer model number from the shown list. Click the Manuals and Warranty tab and select the User’s Guide. Click the PDK link next to the manual to open the PDF of the guide. You can click on the Download icon on the page to download the manual. For setting up the printer, download the Start Here – Installation Guide.
Epson WF 3620 Wireless Setup
Now, print wirelessly from your computer by following a few simple steps. You have to configure your wireless router before starting the setup. Install the printer software on your computer. You can either install it from the installation disc, or download it from the official Epson website. Accept the license agreement of Epson and click on the Install button. When the Printer Setup window appears, choose the Wireless connection option and click Next. Select Set up the printer for the first time in the Select setup option. Then, choose the Using printer buttons option for the setup method.
From the printer’s control panel, tap the Home button. Select the Wi-Fi icon on the screen and navigate to Wi-Fi Setup. Open Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and choose your wireless network. Enter the password of the network and tap the Return arrow. Then, touch Proceed and then OK. You will receive a confirmation message on the screen if the connection is successful. Load paper and press the Start button to print the network configuration sheet. Complete the installation of the software on your computer.
Epsoon WF 3620 Airprint
Got an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch? You can now print from your device using the AirPrint feature on the Epson WF 3620 setup printer. Just connect your iOS device to your wireless network to enable AirPrint. Go to Settings from your device. Select Wi-Fi and connect the iOS device to your wireless network. You have to connect the Epson printer to your wireless network. Once you have connected the printer and device to the wireless printer, you can now print from your iOS device. Open the webpage, photo, or document that you want to print. Tap on the Share icon and select Print. If your printer is not automatically detected, select your printer from the displayed list. Your document will be now be printed using AirPrint.
Epson WF 3620 Network Scan
Make sure to connect the Epson printer to your wireless network. Install the scanning software on your computer. If you don’t have the installation disc, you can download the software from the official Epson website. Now, place the document you want to scan on the scanner glass. If you want to scan multiple pages or two-sided documents, insert them properly into the ADF, facing the first print side up and slide the guide. Press the Home button and touch the Scan option on the printer screen. To scan to a computer, select the Computer option. Then, tap Start. Choose the preferences on the software. Save the scanned document to a preferred location on your computer.
Epson WF 3620 Error Code 0x97
The Epson WF 3620 error is shown on the display due to some internal hardware issues. If you have used the printer for a longer period, you may receive the error. Go to the official Epson website and download the 0x97Fix Patch. Then, click Scan. Once the printer has scanned the errors, click on the Repair button to fix the error. If the error occurs again, restart your computer. From the Start menu, go to Programs. Select Accessories and click Tools. Select the System Restore option. Click the Restore my machine to an earlier date option. Then, select “Click a restoration date” and click Next. Once the restoration process is complete, restart your printer to resolve the issue.
Epson WF 3620 Printing Very Light
If the print head nozzles are clogged, you may experience faded and poor quality prints. If you don’t use your printer regularly. Press the Home button on the control panel of the printer. Select Maintenance and tap Printhead Nozzle Check. Place a paper in the input paper tray. You can now check which print head nozzle is clogged. If there are no gaps on the grid, select Done. If you find gaps, select Clean the printhead option. Then, tap Continue. Wait until the cleaning process is complete. If you still face the issue, you can clean the print heads manually. Open the ink tank cover and take out the ink cartridges. Now, clean the print head using paper towels. Install the cartridges and close the cover. You can now print good quality prints.
Epson Workforce WF 3620 Error Code 0x9a
If you receive the error code 0x9A on the printer screen, open the printer and check for any paper clips or scraps inside the printer. Clean the printer using a dry cloth and remove any debris inside it. Download the Printer Utility software from the official Epson website. Install the Utility software on your computer and click on the Scan option. Then, select Repair. Restart your computer and printer after the repairing process is complete to fix the issue.
Epson WF 3620 Black Ink Not Printing
If the black ink is not printing, check the ink levels on the Epson WF 3620 setupprinter. Replace the black ink cartridge if it has run out. Go to Settings and tap Maintenance. Then, select the Ink Cartridge Replacement option. Open the printer cover and remove the blank ink cartridge. Now, replace the black ink cartridge. Using a paper towel, clean the carriage area. If you still face the issue, clean the print head using a print head cleaning solution to stop receiving the error.