- Home »
- Epson WF 4820 Printer
GUIDELINES FOR EPSON WF 4820 SETUP
Epson WF 4820 is a printer that uses Inkjet printing technology. It does scanning and faxing, in addition to printing. Apart from normal paper, this machine can also print envelopes. The printer is equipped with an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).Let’s now dive into the Epson WF 4820 setup.
Unboxing the printer:
- Take out all the protective materials from the outside of the printer.
- Lift the scanner unit until it locks into place. Then, remove all the protective materials from the inside of the printer.
- You can now lower the scanner unit.
Powering on the printer:
- Take the power cable and connect one of its ends to the rear section of the printer.
- Plug the other end of this power cable into an electrical socket.
- Avoid connecting the printer to your computer at this stage.
- You can now raise the control panel. Then press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- On the printer’s LCD screen, choose the desired language, country, date, and time.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Lift the scanner unit until you find it locking into place.
- Shake the ink cartridges gently. Now, take them out of their packaging.
- Remove just the yellow tape from each of the ink cartridges.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the holder for every color. Ensure that you push down all the ink cartridges into their places.
- You can now lower the scanner unit.
- Ink charging will now start automatically. The process will take roughly 5 minutes. You can be sure that the charging is complete when you see the completion message on the printer’s LCD screen.
- Caution: Avoid raising the scanner unit or turning off the printer when the printer is charging. If you do any of these two actions, you will be wasting ink.
- You have now finished installing the ink cartridges, which is a crucial part of the Epson WF 4820 setup. Continue with the on-screen instructions to choose your paper settings.
Loading paper into the printer:
- Confirm that the ink charging is over. Next, lower the control panel.
- Lift the output tray. Follow this step by pulling out the paper cassette.
- It is now time to slide the side edge guides completely out.
- Now, you have to set the front edge guide to the paper size you are currently using.
- Insert the paper with the printable side facing down.
- While sliding the edge guides against the paper, refrain from doing it very tightly.
- Make sure that the cassette is flat while you are inserting it into the printer.
- Now, lower the output tray and pull out the output tray extension.
- Turn your attention to the printer control panel and choose the desired paper settings.
You can now connect the fax line or do it later.
The hardware part of your Epson WF 4820 setup is now over. Next, you have to perform the software installation. Follow these instructions to do the same:
- Confirm that the printer is not connected to your computer.
- You should now opt for one of the following tasks:
- Insert the printer CD into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Or, download the printer’s software package from the official site. Then, run it on your computer.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to run the setup program.
- When you come across the Select Your Connection screen, choose one of the options given below. Then, continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
You have now finished the Setup for Epson WF 4820 printer.
Epson Wf 4820 Driver Download
In this section, we shall discuss the importance of a printer driver. We will also look into Epson WF-4820 driver download.
When you download the driver for your Epson WF-4820 printer, you need to keep some things in mind.
The driver plays a crucial role in the operations of a printer. Choosing an incorrect, inappropriate, or outdated driver will lead to a lot of complications. Therefore, you need to be cautious while downloading the driver for your Epson WF-4820 printer.
You can get the latest updated driver from this page or the printer’s official site.
Epson Wf 4820 Driver Mac
- Navigate to the official site of the Epson WF-4820 printer on your computer.
- You have to click the Downloads tab.
- From the Operating System drop-down, select macOS 10.15.x. Click on the Go button.
- You will see some titles getting displayed. Select the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer option under the Recommended For You title. Click on the blue Download button beside this option.
- Finish executing the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the Epson WF-4820 driver download for your Mac computer.
Epson WF 4820 Manual Download
- Navigate to the official site of the Epson WF-4820 printer on your computer.
- You now have to click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- From the list of displayed manuals and user guides, choose the desired one.
- Click on the blue PDF button next to the desired manual/guide.
- Complete the remaining on-screen instructions to finish downloading the manual for your Epson Wf 4820 Setup.
Epson WF 4820 Wireless Setup
In this section, we shall discuss how to perform the Epson WF-4820 wireless setup.
If your network uses a WPS-enabled access point or router, you can connect your printer to it easily by using the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) method. There is a way to check if your router or access point is WPS-enabled. If the device has a button labeled WPS, then it is WPS-enabled. In case a hardware button is not found on your router/access point, you might find a virtual button in the device’s software.
Let’s now look into the WPS method in detail.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Method:
- First, press the Home button on the printer control panel, if required.
- Press the Wi-Fi icon.
- You will now see the Network Connection Settings screen.
- On this screen, choose the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option.
- On the screen that displays next, select the Push Button Setup (WPS) option.
- Continue with the instructions on your LCD screen to complete the WPS setup.
- Finally, press the Home button on the printer control panel to exit.
- You will find the Wi-Fi icon on the LCD screen. You can now connect to your printer directly from your computer. And then, you can begin printing.
Epson Wf 4820 Airprint
You can use the AirPrint feature to perform instant wireless printing from your iOS devices, such as iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. You just have to make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS to use the AirPrint feature. You can also print wirelessly from a Mac if the latest version of OS X is installed.
The advantage of using AirPrint is that you can do wireless printing without having to install the drivers or downloading any software.
If you want to utilize Epson WF-4820 AirPrint, follow the instructions given here:
Important Note: You cannot use AirPrint if you have disabled the paper configuration messages on your printer control panel. In such a situation, you have to enable those messages.
- The first step is to load paper into the printer.
- Following that, set up your printer for wireless printing.
- Connect your Apple device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) to the same wireless network to which you have connected your printer.
- Start printing from your Apple device to the printer.
- You have successfully utilized the Airprint feature for Epson WF 4820 setup.
Epson WF 4820 Scan to Computer
You can easily scan an original document/image and then save it to a connected computer using your printer control panel. Make sure that your printer and the computer are connected using a USB cable, or the computer is connected to the same network as your printer.
In this section, we shall discuss the Epson WF-4820 scan to computer function.
- You have the facility of saving the scanned file as a PDF or JPEG file. Or else, you can attach the scanned file to an email.
- If you use the Event Manager, you can set up certain custom scan settings. You can then automatically scan by utilizing these settings on the printer control panel.
Now, carry out these instructions to scan to a computer:
- First, confirm that you have installed the Event Manager, Epson Scan 2, and ScanSmart applications on your computer.
- Place the original document/image on the printer for scanning. If you wish to scan a document with many pages, you have to keep all those pages in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Press the Home button, if required.
- Choose the Scan option to continue with the scan to computer function.
- You will now find a screen with various Scan to options. Among these options, select Computer. This will let you scan to a connected computer by utilizing your saved scan settings.
- On the screen that displays next, choose the Select action option. Now, pick one of the options given here:
- Preview on Computer: This option allows you to preview the scan and also choose file save settings on ScanSmart.
- Save as JPEG: This option lets you save the scanned image in the form of a JPEG file.
- Save as PDF: This option allows you to save the scanned image or document in the form of a PDF file.
- In case you want to alter any of the displayed settings, you can do it now.
- Finally, select the Save button.
- Your printer will now scan the original.
- The scanned file will be sent to the connected computer.
Epson Wf 4820 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting becomes part and parcel of the activities that we perform while using a printer. As with any printer, you will be facing some issues when you use the printer Epson WF 4820 Setup. Since every problem that we encounter has a solution, there are some troubleshooting methods available to resolve the issues that occur with this printer too.
Some of the commonly occurring problems are setup issues, paper feeding problems, paper jamming issues, print quality problems, and page layout issues. Let us now look into a few cases of Epson WF-4820 troubleshooting in detail.
Important Note: You will be able to view troubleshooting or how-to topics on your printer’s LCD screen at any time.
Problem 1 – The printer does not turn on or off (A setup problem):
- If you are unable to turn on the printer, confirm that the power cable is securely connected. Now, press and hold down the Power button a little longer.
- In case you cannot turn off the printer, press and hold down the Power button a little longer. If the issue persists, follow these steps:
- First, unplug the power cable.
- After a few moments, plug the cable back in.
- Use the Power button to turn your printer on and off.
- The issue should be resolved by now.
Problem 2 – Slow Printing (An issue occurring while printing from a computer):
If you find that your printer prints very slowly, use the techniques given below:
- Ensure that your system meets your operating system requirements. If you are trying to print an image of high resolution, the minimum requirements will not be adequate. You might have to increase your system memory.
- If you are making use of the Windows 7 version, close the Devices and Printers window before you start printing.
- If you are using a Mac computer/device, make sure that you download and install the Epson printer driver.
- Confirm that the Quiet Mode has been turned off.
- You need to try clearing out some of the space on your hard drive. Or else, run a defragmentation utility to free up some of the existing space.
- Before you start printing, close all the open programs (if there are any and you are not using them).
- Now, if you have connected your printer to a USB hub, try connecting it directly to your computer instead.
- In some cases, the printing process might slow down after a long duration of printing. In such scenarios, allow the printer to rest with the power on for about 30 minutes. Once this period has elapsed, you can start printing once again.
- After executing the above techniques, you should be able to print fast.
Problem 3 – Inverted image (A problem with content quality):
If you find that the printed image is inverted, use these steps:
- In the printing application, disable the mirror or inversion settings, if any.
- In the printer software, look for any settings called Mirror Image, Reverse Page Orientation, or Flip Horizontally. Based on the operating system you are utilizing, the name of this option will vary. Now, disable this option in the printer software.
- Your printer should print proper images from now on.
- Now we have seen various troubleshooting techniques for printer Epson wf 4820 Setup. Still if you face more printer issues Contact us to get our Eperts Assistance.