INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON WF C5790 SETUP
Epson WF C5790 setup is a multifunctional printer with PrecisionCore printing technology. This printer features the next generation of Inkjet printing technology and provides you the following features.
- Hi-Speed USB
- Wireless LAN
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Scan to Cloud
- Scan to PC via Document Capture Pro
- Duplex printing
- Apple AirPrint
With the touchscreen control panel, you can access the printer settings more easily. To know more about the Epson WF C5790 printer setup, go through the steps given on this page.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the printer setup, follow the steps given below for unboxing and turning the printer on, installing the ink supply units, loading print media, and installing the printer software.
Unboxing and turning the printer on:
- Start by unpacking the printer from the package.
- Take out the printer supplies and keep them aside for later use.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Insert the paper output tray into the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn it on.
- Set the basic preferences such as language, country, date, and time on the LCD panel.
Installing the ink supply units:
- Open the ink pack tray cover.
- Remove the packing materials inside it and press the ink pack tray.
- Pull the tray out from the printer and remove the protective piece from it.
- Before unpacking the ink pack, shake it ten times.
- Place the ink pack into the ink tray and move the handle.
- Insert the ink pack tray into the printer and repeat the same steps for other ink packs.
- Slide to close the ink pack tray cover.
- Finally, press the OK button to start ink charging.
Loading print media:
- After completing the ink charging process, pull the paper cassette out from the printer.
- Slide apart the paper edge guides and fan a paper stack.
- Load the paper stack into the cassette and adjust it with the paper edge guides.
- Refix the paper cassette into the printer and pull out the paper output tray and its extension.
Installing the printer software:
- On your computer, download the printer driver for your Epson WF C5790 printer from the official Epson site.
- Run the downloaded driver file to begin the installation.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, finish the driver installation, and verify the printer functionality.
EPSON WF C5790 DRIVER
The printer driver is responsible for the communication between your printer and computer. You can quickly download the driver for your Epson WF C5790 printer by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Epson site.
EPSON WF C5790 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Epson printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Open the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Go to the official Epson site and input your printer’s model number in the Search By Product Name field.
- Click the Search button and select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and wait until your OS version is detected automatically.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, select your Windows OS version from the Operating System drop-down menu and click GO.
- Select the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button to save the driver to your computer.
- After completing the download, run the driver file and complete the installation.
EPSON WF C5790 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Click the printer model from the search result and expand the Downloads tab.
- Wait until your macOS version is detected and displayed in the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Select the required driver for your Mac from the displayed list.
- Click the Download button and save the driver file to your Mac.
- After completing the download, open the driver file and double-click the installer icon from the created disk image.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions in the driver installation wizard and finish the installation.
EPSON WF C5790 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
You can download the manual for your Epson WF C5790 printer by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- Go to the official Epson site.
- Type ‘Epson WF C5790’ in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result and click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Choose the required manual from the displayed list and save it to your computer.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to get the manual to your computer.
EPSON WF C5790 SCAN SETUP
The Epson WF C5790 printer comes with a flat-bed scanner and CIS technology. You can load your original document into the ADF or on the scanner glass. The Epson WF C5790 printer allows you to perform Automatic 2-sided scanning using ADF. To know more about the scan setup, keep reading the instructions below.
- To begin with, turn on your scanner and connect it to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- You can also connect the devices wirelessly for scanning.
- Ensure that you have installed the Epson printer software on your computer.
- Next, load the original document into the ADF or place it on the scanner glass.
- Go to your printer’s touchscreen panel and press the Scan button.
- Select any one of the Scan to options from the following.
- Network Folder/FTP
- Document Capture Pro
- Memory Device
- Computer (WSD)
- Carry out the instructions on the touchscreen panel and scan your document to the selected destination.
EPSON WF C5790 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Using Document Capture Pro:
- First, turn on your printer and connect it to your computer.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- For double-sided scanning, load the original document into the ADF.
- Press the Home button on your printer’s control panel and select Settings –> General Settings –> Scan Settings –> Document Capture Pro.
- Choose the Client Mode option as your Operation Mode and tap OK.
- On your computer, launch Document Capture Pro.
- Click the Switch to Simple View button at the top-right corner.
- Select your printer’s name from the Select Scanner drop-down menu.
- Specify the scan settings by clicking the Scan Settings button.
- Click OK and choose your computer as the scan destination.
- Confirm the scan settings and click OK to scan your document and save it to your computer.
You can now print your document remotely from your Android phone using the Epson iPrint app.
EPSON WF C5790 AIRPRINT SETUP
- To begin with, turn on your Epson printer and load some plain paper into the paper cassette.
- Next, connect your printer and iPhone over a wireless network.
- On your iPhone, open the document or photo you wish to print and tap the Share or Action icon.
- Select the Print option and tap the Select Printer button.
- Choose your printer’s name from the displayed list and specify the print settings.
- Tap the Print button to print your document or photo from your iPhone to the Epson WF C5790 printer using AirPrint.
EPSON WF C5790 WIRELESS SETUP
Using the WPS Push Button method:
- Before starting, verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Turn on your printer and go to the touchscreen panel.
- Press the Home button and tap the Wi-Fi icon.
- Select the Router option and tap the Push Button Setup (WPS) button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the WPS setup.
- Once the connection is made, you will see a confirmation message on the LCD panel.
Checking the wireless connection:
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Tap Settings –> General Settings.
- Select Network Settings –> Network Status –> Print Status Sheet.
- Tap the Print button to print the Network Status Sheet.
- Verify the wireless connection from the printout.
Connecting printer and computer wirelessly:
- Start by connecting your computer to the same wireless network.
- Run the driver installation wizard by double-clicking the downloaded driver file.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and establish the wireless connection between your printer and computer.
- Finally, verify the connection by printing a test page.
You have now completed the wireless setup for your Epson WF C5790 printer.
EPSON WF C5790 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
You can print from your mobile phone to the Epson WF C5790 printer in several methods. For iPhone, you can use the AirPrint feature. For Android phones, use the Epson iPrint app. For detailed instructions about the mobile printing setup, go through the steps given below.
Download the Epson iPrint app:
- On your Android phone, touch the Play Store icon on the home screen to launch the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Epson iPrint in the Play Store.
- Select the Epson iPrint app from the search result and tap the Install button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Adding your printer to the Epson iPrint app:
- Turn on your Epson WF C5790 printer and connect it to your local wireless network.
- Load some plain paper into the paper cassette.
- Connect your Android phone to the same wireless network.
- Launch the Epson iPrint app and tap the Printer is not selected button.
- Tap the Local tab and select your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- If your printer’s name is not listed in the Local tab, go to the Manual IP tab and tap the Add button.
- Enter your printer’s IP address in the required field and tap Done to add your printer to the Epson iPrint app.
EPSON WF C5790 TROUBLESHOOT
If your printer is not responding or working as expected, then troubleshoot the issue to get it back to normal. Unless you identify and fix the error on your printer, you cannot print your documents properly. The first troubleshooting step should be restarting your printer. For assistance in resolving your printer issues, contact us.
EPSON WF C5790 NOT PRINTING
Is your Epson WF C5790 printer not printing your documents? Then follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
- First, check if your printer has been turned on while printing. If that’s not the case, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, ensure that you have properly loaded the paper in the cassette.
- For USB connection, check the USB cable connected at both end ports. Otherwise, check the wireless connection by printing the Network Status Sheet.
- On your computer, verify the print settings from the printer properties window. If it requires any changes, get it done and click OK.
- Make sure that your printer is selected from the drop-down menu in the Print dialog box.
- Try printing your document after canceling the pending print jobs.
- If the problem persists, run the printer troubleshooter.
EPSON WF C5790 PAPER JAM
- If any paper is jammed inside your printer, the first thing you should do is powering off your printer.
- Open the scanner unit and remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Also, check for any foreign objects inside the printer.
- Lower the scanner unit and restart your printer to check if the problem has been resolved.
- To avoid getting paper jam errors in the future, use printer-supported media.
- Always fan the paper stack before loading it into the paper cassette.
- Remember not to adjust the paper stack too tightly with the paper edge guides.
You have now seen how to clear the paper jam error.
EPSON WF C5790 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If your Epson WF C5790 printer is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, restart your printer and router first.
- Ensure that you have placed your printer close to your router.
- Remove the electronic gadgets near your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Print a Network Status sheet to verify the wireless connection status.
- If necessary, reset the network settings and reconnect your printer to Wi-Fi using the WPS Push Button method.
- If no troubleshooting step resolves your connection issues, reset your Epson Et C5790 setup to factory defaults and reinstall the printer driver.