- Epson Workforce 4740 Set up
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 SETUP
Being an All-in-One printer, Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 provides all the printing and scanning features you need. Setting up this printer is pretty simple and straightforward but takes a few minutes. Remember that the longest way round is the shortest way home. Go through the steps given on this page to learn completely about the Epson WorkForce 4740 setup.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
If your new Epson printer needs to be set up for the first time, the steps given below will assist you in getting it ready at your workplace.
Unboxing the printer:
- This is the beginning of the hardware setup.
- Start by unpacking your printer.
- Take out the box contents and keep them aside for later use.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord and power on your printer.
- Set your preferences, such as language, date, and time on the control panel. Keep reading this page to know how to configure Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
Installing the cartridges:
- Lift the scanner unit and hold it in its locking position.
- Make sure not to touch the cable inside the scanner unit.
- Shake the ink cartridges gently before unpacking them.
- Remove the protective tapes from the cartridges.
- Insert each cartridge into its slot.
- Carry out the instructions on the LCD to complete charging ink.
Loading print media:
- To begin with, pull the paper cassette out of the printer.
- Slide apart the paper guides.
- Fan a paper stack and insert it into the paper cassette.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Refix the paper cassette into the printer and pull out the tray extension.
- Set the correct paper settings on the printer control panel.
- If you wish to add fax to your printer, configure the fax settings. Otherwise, proceed to the software installation.
Installing the printer software:
- Using the provided CD-ROM, run the setup wizard on your computer.
- If you don’t have a CD-ROM, download the driver and run the installation wizard.
- Accept the EULA in the driver installation wizard.
- Select one of the following options as your connection type.
- Wireless connection
- Wired network connection
- USB connection
- Based on your connection method, the setup wizard will prompt the instructions.
- Establish the connection to make your printer detected.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality while configuring Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 DRIVER
Are you looking forward to downloading a printer driver? You can quickly perform this task by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver for your Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 printer from the official Epson site. Make sure you identify your OS version before downloading the driver. It will help you select a compatible driver for your system.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before downloading the driver, make sure that you have removed the previously installed Epson printer driver from your Windows computer.
- Open the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Under Search By Product Name, input your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and choose your Windows OS version from the drop-down menu.
- Click GO and select the required driver from the available list.
- Click Download and save the driver file to a specific folder on your computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, launch the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Visit the official Epson site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and check if your macOS version is detected.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, specify the correct version from the Operating System drop-down menu and click GO.
- Choose the required driver from the available list and click the blue Download button.
- Wait until the driver is downloaded on your Mac while Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 printer can be downloaded by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Epson site by following the steps given below.
- To begin with, open the default browser on your computer.
- Go to the official Epson site and enter ‘Epson WF-4740’ in the search field.
- Click the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Manuals and Warranty tab and click the PDF link next to User’s Guide.
- If the manual opens as a PDF in the browser, click the Download icon and save the manual to your computer. Keep reading this page to know how to configure Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 SCAN SETUP
The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 printer has a flatbed scanner to scan all your documents. As this printer supports an ADF, you can insert the original documents into it for multiple-page scanning. The features include:
- Scan to Computer
- Scan to Network Folder/FTP
- Scan to Email
- Scan to Cloud
- Scan to Memory Device
For detailed instructions on the scan setup, continue reading the instructions on this page.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Using the printer control panel:
- Before starting, turn on your printer and connect it to your computer.
- Ensure that you have installed the Epson Event Manager and printer driver on your computer.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Scan icon on the touchscreen control panel.
- In the Scan to menu, choose one of the following options to configure your Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
- Network Folder/FTP – to save the scan file to a pre-defined folder on your computer.
- Email – to save the scan file as an attachment to the email program on your computer.
- Specify the required scan settings and follow the instructions on the LCD to complete the scan.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
Using the Epson iPrint app:
- Before starting the mobile printing setup, ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Connect your printer and smartphone over a wireless network.
- On your smartphone, download the Epson iPrint app from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Launch the app and tap the Printer is not selected button.
- In the Local tab, select your printer name after the Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
- If your printer is not listed, tap the Manual IP tab and enter your printer’s IP address in the available field.
- Tap the Add button to add the printer and select Done to complete the mobile printing setup.
- Before you print any documents from your smartphone, ensure that your printer is loaded with enough paper.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 WIRELESS SETUP
Using the printer control panel:
- With the printer turned on, press the Home button on the control panel.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon and select the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option.
- Select Start Setup –> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network name (SSID) and enter the network key.
- Touch the OK button and wait for your printer to connect to your wireless network. Keep reading this page to know how to configure Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
- Once the connection is made, select Print Check Report to print a network setup report.
- Next, connect your PC to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Run the driver installation wizard.
- On the Select Your Connection Type screen, choose the Wireless network connection option as your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and complete the wireless setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint is a unique printing feature for iOS devices. Using AirPrint, you can print any document without the help of the manufacturer app. To print a document from your iPhone using AirPrint, follow these steps to configure Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
- To begin with, turn on your printer and load some plain paper into the paper cassette.
- Connect your printer and iPhone to your local wireless network.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Tap the Share or Action icon and select the Print option.
- Touch the Select Printer button and choose your printer’s name.
- Specify the required print settings and tap the Print button.
Now, your document will be printed from your iPhone to your printer with the help of the AirPrint feature.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 TROUBLESHOOTING
Is your Epson WorkForce 4740 printer not working as expected? You are probably wondering how to handle this kind of situation. And, that is why we are here. You can contact our technical experts for assistance in fixing the issues with your printer. We have also provided a few troubleshooting steps for the common printer issues on this page. Continue reading them to get your printer back to work for Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 IS NOT PRINTING
- If your Epson WorkForce 4740 printer is not printing any documents, the first thing you should check is the printer status.
- If your printer is turned off, restart it and retry to print your document.
- Otherwise, check if your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Verify if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Check the print and paper settings in the Print dialog box.
- Check if the cartridges are properly installed inside the printer.
- Cancel all the pending print jobs, if any.
- Retry to print your document and check if the problem is resolved.
- If the printing issue persists, run the printer troubleshooter.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If your Epson WorkForce 4740 printer is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network during the wireless setup, check if the wireless credentials are correct.
- Make sure that your printer is placed closer to your router.
- If necessary, try to connect your printer to your wireless network using the WPS Push Button configuration.
- If your printer isn’t connecting to your Wi-Fi while printing your document, print a network configuration report.
- Check the wireless signal strength and reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- If the connection issue remains unsolved, reinstall the printer driver while Epson Workforce 4740 setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE 4740 PAPER JAM
- When a paper is jammed while printing your document, turn off your printer.
- Let the printer cool down for a minute.
- Pull out the paper cassette from your printer and remove the jammed paper.
- Ensure not to damage the internal parts of the printer while removing the jammed paper.
- Refix the cassette into the printer.
- If the paper is jammed in the rear cover, cancel the print job.
- Next, squeeze the tabs and open the rear cover.
- Remove the jammed paper gently from the inside of the printer and the duplexer as well.
- Close the rear cover and restart your printer.
- If the paper jam error reappears, carry out the instructions on the LCD panel to fix it.
- To avoid this kind of paper error in the future, use only printer-supported media.
- Remember not to load wrinkled or damaged paper into the paper cassette.
- Always remember to load only limited paper into the cassette for error-free printing onece get finish the Epson Workforce 4740 setup.