- Home »
- Epson Workforce 845
EPSON WORKFORCE 845 SETUP GUIDELINES
One of the fastest All-in-one printers, Epson Workforce 845 setup comes with a lot of features that make your print and the other printer-related operations easy & quick. Some of the highlighting features of this 4-in-one Wi-Fi printer are Dual paper tray, automatic 2-sided printing, instant-drying inks, and easy mobile printing. Almost all the versions of the Windows and Mac OSs are supported by this printer. Scroll down this web page to know how to set up the Epson WF 845 printer for the first time and more.
Components available in the printer’s box:
- Epson WF 845 all-in-one.
- User guide.
- 4-color DURABrite Ultra pigment inks.
- Setup CD-ROM.
- Power cord.
- Phone cord.
- Open the printer box.
- Take the printer and its components out of the box.
- Clear all the protective materials present in the printer.
- Connect the printer to the power source using a power cord.
- Raise the control panel and press the Power button on it.
- Once the printer turns ON successfully, select your desired language, country, date format, and other preferences.
- When prompted, unpack the ink cartridges and insert them into their slots.
- After installing the ink cartridges correctly, take the paper cassette completely out of the printer.
- Get a stack of plain white paper and load it in the cassette.
- After loading the paper correctly, place the cassette back into the printer.
- Make sure to extend the output tray of your printer.
- If you wish to use your Epson printer for the Fax operation, then connect the printer to the telephone wall jack using a phone cord. Set Fax preferences as per your need. If you don’t wish to configure your printer for the Fax operation, then skip it.
- Now, connect your printer to the computer or mobile device.
- For computer: Open the printer driver file. Perform the printer driver installation correctly by following the on-screen instructions for Epson Workforce 845 setup. You can select Wi-Fi, Wired, or USB to connect the printer to your computer. Finally, try a test print.
Epson Workforce 845 Driver Download
Driver Download from this web page:
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this screen.
- Now, based on your current OS type, the available Epson WF 845 printer driver file will start downloading. Once the driver has been downloaded, open it, and perform the software installation on your computer.
Epson Workforce 845 Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button provided on this screen.
- Now, a soft copy of the Epson WF 845 printer’s user guide will start to download.
Epson Workforce 845 Mac
- First, make sure that you have downloaded the Epson WF 845 printer driver file on your Mac.
- Check if the printer and your Mac are connected. If yes, disconnect them.
- Get a USB cable because it is not included with the printer package.
- Now, open the Epson printer driver file on your Mac.
- Once the installation begins, click the Continue button on the initial screen.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- On the Connection Type screen, select the USB cable option and connect your printer to the Mac.
- Complete the Epson printer driver installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation process has been completed, try a test print after completing the Epson Workforce 845 setup.
How to Scan on Epson Workforce 845
Scanning using the printer’s control panel
- First, check if you have installed the printer driver on your computer. If not, install it.
- Now, turn on your Epson printer if it is turned OFF.
- If required, press the Home button.
- On your Epson printer’s scanner glass, place the original document you want to scan.
- Select the Scan option.
- On the Scan screen, select the desired scan option such as Scan to Memory Card, Scan to PC, Scan to PC (PDF), and Scan to PC (Email). Set the desired scan preferences.
- Finally, press OK.
- Now, the printer will start scanning the document.
Guidelines To Perform Airprint Setup
The Epson WF 845 printer doesn’t offer the AirPrint feature.
To perform the print operation from your Mac OS, carry out the following troubleshooting instructions.
- First, make sure the paper cassette of your printer contains enough paper.
- Now, open the document or photo you want to print on your Mac.
- In the opened application, click the Print option.
- Select your Epson WF printer from the drop-down menu and other print preferences as per your desire.
- Finally, click the Print button.
- Now, the printer will start to print the selected document.
Guidelines To Perform Wireless Setup
- First, make sure that you have the Epson WF 845 printer driver file for your computer.
- Check if your Epson printer and the wireless router are turned ON.
- Gather your wireless network’s SSID and password.
- Now, open the Epson WF 845 printer driver on your computer.
- When prompted, select the driver(s) you wish to install.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, select the Wireless connection option followed by Set up printer for the first time.
- Choose Using the printer buttons.
- Now, go to your printer’s control panel.
- Press Setup > Network Settings > Wireless LAN Setup > Setup Wizard.
- Select or manually enter your wireless network’s SSID.
- Type the network’s password in the given field and press OK.
- Once the Epson Workforce 845 setup has been connected to the wireless network, return to the installation wizard and complete the remaining set of the installation.
- Finally, try a test print.
Epson Workforce 845 Troubleshooting
Usually, when an issue has occurred on the printer, an error message will be displayed on the printer’s screen. Some of the common Epson WF 845 printer errors and its solutions are discussed below.
Paper Jam or Paper Out
- If you see this error on your printer’s LCD screen, then check whether the paper is loaded is correctly in the paper cassette or not.
- If not, remove the paper out of the cassette and reload the paper correctly.
- At the same time, look for jammed paper in the printer. If you find any, remove them.
- After removing the jammed paper, press Start on your printer’s control panel.
Incorrect paper size detected
- This error indicates that you have loaded the wrong media type in the cassette.
- To resolve this error message while Epson Workforce 845 setup, load the cassette with the correct media type.
- Check if you have installed an incorrect Epson WF 845 printer driver on your computer.
- If not, uninstall it and reinstall the correct one on your computer.
- After installing the correct one, press the Start button on your printer’s control panel.
No dial tone detected
- Check the phone cord is connected correctly to the printer or not.
- If not, reconnect the cord into the printer.
- If you have used a PBX (Private Branch Exchange) phone line or Terminal Adapter, then disable the Dial Tone Detection option. Finally complete the Epson Workforce 845 setup.