- Home »
- Epson Workforce C869r Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON WORKFORCE C869R SETUP
Multifunction printers are the best option for any workplace, be it a house or a small office. One such printer that has had the most accolades for its performance is Epson WorkForce C869R. This printer supports the print, scan, copy, and fax functions. You can effortlessly access these functions over a wired or wireless network connection. On this page, you can learn the simple instructions for Epson WorkForce C869R Setup. Let’s begin it!
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
Setting up your Epson WorkForce C869R printer involves the printer hardware setup as well as the software setup. Let’s see both in detail.
Unpacking the printer:
- Initially, take out the printer and other accessories from the product box.
- Keep the printer on a flat surface and remove the protective tapes from the outside and inside of the printer.
- If required, you can install the optional cabinet or paper cassette on your printer.
- Now, move on to install the ink packs.
Installing the ink packs:
- Make sure that you have the ink packs ready. Now, open the ink case on your printer.
- Unpack an ink pack and remove the protective material.
- Now, release the ink pack holder. For this, you need to press the holder.
- Insert the ink pack into its slot and press the handle until it locks.
- Similarly, install the remaining 3 ink packs.
- Close the ink case.
Turning on the printer:
- Get the printer’s power cord.
- Next, connect the power cord to the power inlet at the rear of your printer.
- Connect the plug to a power socket.
- And now, to turn on the printer, you have to press the Power button.
- Locate the paper cassette at the front of the printer and pull it out.
- Now, hold the paper guides and slide them towards the edges of the cassette.
- Get a stack of paper and load it into the printer.
- Adjust the paper guides towards the edges of the paper stack.
- Push the paper cassette back into your printer.
Note: If required, you can connect the Fax cord to the printer. You can do it later as well.
The hardware setup for your Epson WorkForce C869R printer has been completed now. Now, you have to perform the software setup.
The Epson WorkForce C869R printer is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. So, to install the printer on your computer (Windows/Mac), download the printer driver from the official support page of the printer.
While downloading the printer driver, make sure that the OS and its version are selected correctly. Simply run the downloaded setup file and carry out the instructions you see on the installation wizard to complete the setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R DRIVER
To access your Epson WorkForce C869R printer from your computer, you need the printer driver. You can obtain the printer driver either from this site or from the official support page of the printer.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Click the Driver Download for Windows button on this page. To download the printer driver from the official Epson page, perform these steps.
- On the official Epson page, click the Search option from the menu bar and type the printer model (Epson WorkForce C869R).
- Click on your printer from the search results.
- Click Support and go to the printer’s support page.
- Now, click Downloads.
- See if your OS is detected correctly. Choose the correct OS if required.
- Click the Download button beside the required printer driver.
- Run the downloaded setup file and install the printer driver on your Windows computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R DRIVER FOR MAC
Click the Driver Download for Mac button on this page. In case you want the driver to be downloaded from the official Epson support page, these are the steps you need to perform.
- First, you’ll have to open a web browser on your Mac and go to the official support page for Epson WorkForce C869R.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- See if your Mac OS version is detected correctly.
- Now, from the available drivers, choose the one you wish to install and click the Download button beside the driver link.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Click the Manual Download button on this page to download the printer’s User’s Guide as a PDF. To download the manual from the official Epson site, carry out these steps.
- Visit the official support page for the Epson WorkForce C869R printer.
- Locate and click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Click the PDF link available near the printer manual that you need.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R SCAN SETUP
Do you want to have your documents as a digital copy on your computer or smartphone? Scan your documents using Epson WorkForce C869R and get the job done. Now, let’s see the scan setup for the Epson WorkForce C869R printer.
- Initially, see if the printer setup has been completed.
- Check if the printer is turned on.
- To scan your documents using the printer from a computer, you should have the printer or scanner software installed on your device. Check this as well.
- Also, do check the connection between your printer and computer.
- Now, load the original document on your printer.
- You can begin scanning from the printer control panel, Epson Scan 2 program, or any other scan program on your computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R SCAN TO COMPUTER
To scan a document from your Epson WorkForce C869R printer and save it on your computer, refer to the instructions given here.
Scan using Epson Scan 2
- Ensure that your Epson printer is connected to your computer.
- You should have the printer software installed on your computer.
- Now, take the original document you want to scan and place it on the scanner glass.
- On your computer, open the Epson Scan 2 program.
- Select your Epson scanner.
- If you wish, you can scan using the default setting. Or else, configure the scan settings as required.
- Finally, click the Scan button and the scanned document will be saved on your computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
In this section, we shall see the steps to print from your mobile phone using the Epson iPrint app.
- For this, you need to ensure that your Epson WorkForce C869R printer has been connected to a wireless network.
- Now, connect your mobile phone to the same wireless network.
- On your mobile phone, open the Google Play Store or the App Store and download the Epson iPrint app.
- Install the app on your device.
- Now, open the app and add your Epson printer to it.
That’s it. You are ready to print from your mobile phone.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R WIRELESS SETUP
The simple steps to connect your Epson WorkForce C869R printer to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi Infrastructure Mode are as follows.
- Make sure that you have completed the hardware setup for your Epson printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Keep the printer within the range of your wireless router.
- Make sure that you know the SSID and network password for your wireless network.
- Now, go to your Epson printer and press the Home button followed by the Wi-Fi icon.
- On the Wireless Connection Settings screen, choose Router.
- Next, select the option Start Setup followed by Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- You’ll see the names of the wireless networks available nearby. Select your wireless network.
- If your network is not listed, enter the network name manually.
- Next, enter the network password and choose Start Setup. Let the devices connect wirelessly.
- Once the printer gets connected to your wireless network, go on to install the printer driver on your computer.
- Connect the computer to the same wireless network as your Epson printer.
- Run the printer driver installer and carry out the instructions you see on the installation wizard.
- Choose Wireless as the connection type when you are prompted to do so.
- Complete the wireless setup and print a test page from your computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R AIRPRINT SETUP
Using AirPrint, you can print from your Mac or iOS device without installing the printer driver. Epson WorkForce C869R supports AirPrint and here we shall discuss the AirPrint support.
- Connect your Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
- Now, connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi.
- See if your printer has enough paper to print.
- On your iOS device, open the document or image that you wish to print.
- Tap the Share icon and choose the Print option.
- Select your Epson printer and make the print settings.
- Again, tap Print.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R TROUBLESHOOT
Dealing with issues on printers can be tough when you don’t know the exact reason and solution. So, to help our readers with printer troubleshooting, we have included this section here. You can learn how to fix the issues on your printer if it is not printing, not connecting to Wi-Fi, or stuck due to a paper jam.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R NOT PRINTING
If your Epson WorkForce C869R printer is not printing, try these troubleshooting steps.
- Check if your printer is turned on.
- Sometimes, if the printer is in Quiet Mode, it won’t respond to the print jobs. So, check this as well.
- Check the connection between your Epson printer and computer.
- Also, check the ink level and paper on your printer.
- Next, check if the printer driver installed on your computer is updated.
- Print a test page directly on your printer to make sure there is no issue with the device.
- If you are not able to print from a Windows computer, make sure you close the Devices and Printers window before printing.
- Still, if the Epson printer is not printing, uninstall the existing printer driver from your computer and install the latest printer driver. Call us for more assistance.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R WON’T CONNECT TO WI–FI
Perform these steps to fix the Wi-Fi connection issue on your Epson WorkForce C869R printer.
- Initially, check if your wireless router is turned on.
- Ensure that the printer is within the range of your wireless router.
- If you are trying to connect the printer to Wi-Fi using WPS, you should press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router within 2 minutes of enabling the WPS mode.
- If you are not able to see your router’s SSID while trying to connect to it, restart your router and then perform the connection.
- In some cases, if you have enabled restrictions on your W-Fi, your printer will not be able to connect to it. So, disable the restrictions and then connect the printer to Wi-Fi.
- Still, if you are not able to connect to your Wi-Fi router, you can access the printer over Wi-Fi using Wi-Fi Direct.
EPSON WORKFORCE C869R PAPER JAM
On your Epson WorkForce C869R, a paper jam can occur in the following locations.
- Front Cover
- Front Cassette
- Rear Cover
- Automatic Document Feeder
So, if the paper has jammed, perform these steps.
- Stop all the printing jobs.
- See if there is an error message on your printer screen.
- Identify the location where paper has jammed and locate the jammed paper.
- Gently remove the jammed paper from your Epson printer.
- Now, see if the error message has been cleared.
- Reload the paper and resume the print job.
We believe that this article has assisted you with the Epson WorkForce C869R Setup. In case you have doubts, you can message or call our well-trained technicians to clear all your doubts.