INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R SETUP
Epson WorkForce Pro C879R is a multifunctional printer that can print, copy, scan, and fax. This printer is known for its professional printing quality. If you wish to know the complete procedure for Epson WorkForce Pro C879R Setup, continue to read the following sections.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
Unbox your printer
- Unpack your printer and take out everything you received.
- Your package includes the Epson WorkForce Pro C879R printer, ink cartridges, power cord, CD-ROM, and a quick setup guide in the box.
- Remove all the packing tapes and protective coverings from your printer and all its components.
- Insert the output tray into the printer and lower it carefully.
- Check whether you have received all the components without any damage.
Install the ink packs
- Extend the ink pack tray cover and remove it entirely from the printer.
- Shake the ink packs several times and unpack them.
- Insert the ink packs into the ink pack tray. Ensure that the packs are fitted against the tray. Then, insert the trays into the printer and repeat the same procedure for all the ink packs.
- Finally, insert the ink pack tray cover into the printer and lock it firmly.
- Now, press the OK button on your Epson printer control panel to start the ink charging process.
Connect your printer to an electrical outlet
- Take out the power cord you received along with your printer.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your Epson Workforce printer by pressing the Power button.
- Now, the power LED will start to light up.
Fax line connection
- Connect a phone cord between the LINE port of your printer and the telephone wall jack.
- If you prefer to set up the fax settings now, click on Proceed on the LCD screen, and if you would like to set it up later, you can choose Set up Later.
- Once the ink charging process gets completed, you can go ahead and load the paper stack.
- Extend the paper cassette and remove it completely from the printer.
- Slide the guides to the extreme ends and adjust the front guide to fit the paper size you are using.
- Now, take a paper stack and fan the sheets neatly. Align the edges and load the stack into the paper cassette with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the edge guides against the paper and insert the paper cassette into the printer.
Connect your printer to your computer
- Take the supplied installation disc and insert it into your computer’s drive.
- Run the setup file and click Yes in the User Account Control dialog box.
- If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, you can get the printer driver from the official website of Epson.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose your connection method and connect your printer and computer accordingly.
- From now on, you can start printing wirelessly using the installed printer driver.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R DRIVER
A printer driver is responsible for executing the communication between the printer and the computer. For your Epson WorkForce Pro C879R printer, you can download the printer driver from the official support page of Epson.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On your computer, visit the official support page of Epson from your default browser.
- Enter your printer name in the Search By Product Name field and press Enter.
- From the search results, click on your printer model, and you will be taken to the product support page of your printer.
- On the product support page, click on the Downloads tab, choose the OS as Windows from the Operating System drop-down menu, and click Go.
- Expand the Drivers option, click on the driver you require, and click on the Download button next to it.
- Once the download gets completed, you can locate the driver file within your browser.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R DRIVER FOR MAC
- Visit the official support page of Epson from your default browser.
- Enter your printer model in the search field.
- Choose your printer model from the search results.
- On the product support page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose your preferred OS, which is Mac, from the Operating System drop-down menu and click on the GO button.
- Choose the driver you need and click on the Download button next to it.
- Once the download gets completed, you can access it within your browser.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- Visit the official support page of Epson from a browser you prefer.
- Enter your printer model in the search field and press Enter.
- From the list of printers, click on your printer model.
- On the product support page, click on the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- On the manuals page, choose your preferred manual, and click on the PDF link next to it.
- Now, the chosen manual will be opened in the new tab of your browser.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R SCAN SETUP
- On your Epson Workforce Pro C879R printer, you can scan your documents/images using the printer control panel or the printer driver.
- Before you go ahead, make sure that you have connected your printer and computer over the same network.
- Download the printer driver from Epson’s official site and install it on your computer by following the onscreen prompts.
- Place the originals on the scanner glass and start scanning.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Place the originals on the scanner glass.
- Press the Home button and choose the Scan option.
- Choose Computer in the Scan to option.
- Choose your computer from the list and complete the process.
- Modify the scan settings according to your preference and press the Save button.
- Once the scanning process gets concluded, you can locate the scanned file within your computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
- The Epson iPrint mobile application enables you to print your documents from your Apple and Android devices.
- For Apple and Android mobile phones, download the Epson iPrint app from the App Store and Play Store.
- Connect your printer to the same wireless network to which your printer is connected.
- Open the app, choose the document/image, and click on the Print button.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R WIRELESS SETUP
- Download the printer driver just as mentioned in the driver download section.
- Once the download gets concluded, run the setup file.
- When the License Agreement window appears, read the terms and conditions and click on the Yes button.
- When the Select your Connection screen appears, choose Wireless connection, and click on the Next button.
- When prompted, choose the SSID of your router and enter the appropriate password.
- Then, follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions and complete the wireless setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R AIRPRINT SETUP
- AirPrint enables you to print your documents wirelessly from your iOS devices.
- You don’t need to install any specific drivers to enable AirPrint. It is an in-built application on iOS devices.
- Before you go ahead, make sure that you have connected your iOS device and printer to the same network.
- Navigate to the photo/document/ webpage you wish to print, tap Action icon followed by Print.
- Choose your printer from the list and tap on the Print button.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R TROUBLESHOOT
Troubleshooting solutions can help us solve the existing issue without anyone’s assistance. In this section, we have listed the best solutions for common issues that can occur on your printer.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R NOT PRINTING
- If your Epson Workforce C879R printer is not printing, you need to check whether any error codes are displayed on the printer control panel. If so, fix it first and then check whether you can print.
- Make sure that you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray. Also, check whether the ink levels are sufficient in the ink packs.
- A simple power cycle can help you fix most of the significant issues. To go ahead, turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord. Leave your printer disconnected for a minute. Then reconnect the power cord to your Epson printer and turn it on.
- Update the printer driver. An outdated printer driver will not be able to establish communication between a printer and a computer. You can download the updated printer driver from the official support page of Epson.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If you cannot connect your Epson Workforce C879R printer to Wi-Fi, check the stability of your Internet connection. If it is not stable enough, fix it in the first place.
- Keep your printer near the router and check whether it can connect to the Wi-Fi connection.
- Power cycle your printer. Turn off your Epson Workforce C879R printer and unplug the power cord. Wait for a minute, reconnect the power cord, and turn it on. Then check whether the issue is resolved.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO C879R PAPER JAM
- When there is a paper jam inside your printer, an error code will be displayed on your printer’s LCD screen.
- You can resolve the paper jam issues by removing the jammed paper from the specified area.
- If any torn paper remains inside the printer, you can clear them through the printer control panel itself. To do so, choose Settings> Maintenance> Remove paper. Now the torn paper will be ejected automatically.
- If you want to prevent paper jams, always make sure to fan the sheets and align the edges neatly. Make sure not to load any damp or curled paper into the paper cassette in Epson WorkForce Pro C879R Setup. Do not overload the paper beyond the indicated limit.