INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 SETUP
Having an Epson WorkForce Pro WF M5299 printer, you can get the most out of it. This monochrome laser printer with PrecisionCore technology delivers performance beyond an All-in-One laser printer. Also, you get various connectivity options such as Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless LAN, Hi-Speed USB, and Ethernet with this printer. To know more about the Epson WorkForce Pro WF M5299 setup, go through the information given on this page.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer setup, then follow these step-by-step instructions to complete the setup without any errors.
Unboxing The Printer:
- Take out the printer from the package and check the printer components.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Insert the paper output tray into the printer.
- Connect the provided power cord to your printer and to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Choose your language and time on the LCD.
Installing the ink supply unit:
- First, unlock and open the ink pack tray.
- Remove the packing materials inside the tray.
- Press to release the ink pack tray and then pull the tray out.
- Remove the protective piece from the ink pack tray.
- Gently shake the ink pack ten times.
- Remove the packing materials from the ink pack.
- Fix the ink pack into the tray and move its handle towards the back.
- Once you have properly fixed the ink pack into the tray, insert the tray into the printer.
- Close the ink pack tray cover and press it to lock.
- Select the OK option on the LCD to start ink charging.
- Scan to PC
- Scan to PDF
- Scan to email
- Hi-Speed USB
- Wireless connectivity
- Manual duplex printing
Loading print media:
- Once you have completed charging ink, pull out the paper cassette.
- Slide apart the paper guides to match the paper size you are loading.
- Fan the stack of paper before you load it into the cassette.
- Adjust the loaded paper stack with the paper guides.
- Refix the paper cassette into the printer.
- Choose the paper settings on the LCD.
Installing the printer software:
- Before you begin the software setup, make sure that you have not connected the printer to your computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Download the printer driver from the official Epson site.
- After completing the download, run the downloaded file and agree to the EULA.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, choose any one of the following options as your connection type and click Next.
- Wireless connection
- Wired network connection
- Direct USB connection
- Based on your connection type, the setup wizard will guide you with the connection instructions.
- Establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page to verify the printer functionality.
You have now completed the basic setup for your Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 DRIVER
Usually, the driver for the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer is available on the CD-ROM that is provided along with the printer package. If the CD-ROM is not available in the printer package, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver for your Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer from the official Epson site.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On your Windows computer, open the default browser.
- Go to the official Epson site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the Search button and select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and check if your Windows OS version has been detected and is displayed in the Operating System drop-down menu.
- If your OS version is not detected, select it from the drop-down menu and click GO.
- Choose the available driver from the list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- You can access the downloaded file from the Downloads section of your browser.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, launch the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model number from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and wait until your macOS version is detected.
- If your macOS version is not detected, select the correct version from the Operating System drop-down menu and click the GO button.
- From the list of available driver packages, choose the required one and click Download.
- After completing the download, create a disk image of the downloaded driver file and run the installation process.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
If the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer manual is not available in the printer package, click the Manual Download button on this page to get the manual on your computer. Alternatively, you can download the Epson WF-M5299 printer manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result and expand the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Choose the required manual from the available list to download it on your computer.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to download it on your computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 SCAN SETUP
The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer doesn’t have a scanner to scan your documents and so you cannot perform the scan setup.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Since the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer doesn’t support scan, you cannot scan any documents from your printer to the computer.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 MOBILE PRINTING SETUP
Do you have an Android phone and wish to access your Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer from it? Then perform the mobile printing setup using the Epson iPrint app. Continue reading the steps given below to know more about the mobile printing setup.
Downloading The Epson Iprint App:
- On your Android phone, touch the Play Store icon on the home screen to open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the Epson iPrint app in the Play Store app.
- Select the app from the search result.
- Tap the Install button next to Epson iPrint.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Connecting Your Printer And The Android Phone:
- First, connect your Epson WF-M5299 printer to your local wireless network.
- Ensure that the printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Next, enable Wi-Fi on your Android phone.
- Choose the wireless network to which your printer has been connected.
- Enter the network key and tap Connect to connect your phone to your wireless network.
- Once your printer and mobile phone are connected over your wireless network, install the Epson iPrint app.
Mobile Printing Setup Using Epson Iprint:
- Open the Epson iPrint app on your Android phone.
- Tap the Printer is not selected button on the main screen of the app.
- In the Local tab, tap on your printer’s name.
- If your printer’s name is not listed, tap the Manual IP tab.
- Enter your printer’s IP address in the required field and tap the Add button.
- Wait until your printer is added.
- Tap Done and check if you can access your printer remotely from the Epson iPrint app.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint allows you to print from your iOS device to your Epson printer without having to install any printer app. To know how to print your document from your iPhone to the Epson WF-M5299 printer using AirPrint, keep reading the instructions below.
- To begin with, power on your printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer and iPhone to the same wireless network.
- On your iPhone, open the document you wish to print.
- Tap the Action or Share icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Choose Print from the menu that appears.
- Tap the Select Printer button and select your printer’s name from the list.
- Specify the print settings and tap the Print button to print your document.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 TROUBLESHOOT
Being a monochrome laser printer, Epson WF-M5299 works fine for your print needs. But sometimes worse can happen if the installation goes wrong. Some common errors like paper jam, printer offline, paper misfeed, ink errors, and network problems are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance of the printer. If your Epson WF-M5299 printer is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps given on this page. If you are looking for remote assistance, our technical experts are always here to help. Simply click the Call button on this page to contact us.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 NOT PRINTING
- If your Epson WF-M5299 printer is not printing any documents, check its status.
- If the printer is turned on while sending the print jobs, check the power cord and restart it.
- Check the print settings on your computer.
- Ensure that your paper cassette is loaded with enough paper.
- Try to perform the printer troubleshooter to repair the printing issues automatically.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 PAPER JAM
If a paper is jammed inside your printer, follow these steps to sort it out.
- First, turn off your printer and wait a few minutes.
- Open the front cover and locate the jammed paper.
- Gently remove the jammed paper from your printer.
- Ensure that there are no paper bits inside the printer before closing the front cover.
- Restart your printer and check if the problem is resolved.
EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WF M5299 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If your Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 printer is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, remove the Wi-Fi interference.
- Try to print a wireless test report to check the wireless settings.
- Restart your router and computer.
- After a few minutes, reconnect your printer to your wireless network.
- If necessary, use the WPS Push Button method to connect your printer to your computer.
- Ensure that your printer is placed close to your router.
- If the wireless connection problem persists, reset the network settings and reinstall the Epson WorkForce Pro WF M5299 setup driver.