- Home »
- Epson XP 200 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP 200 SETUP
Epson XP-200 is a multifunctional printer that can print, copy, and scan. It supports a wide range of mobile printing options, including Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print. If you want to know the Epson XP 200 Setup, continue to read the following sections.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
- Unpack the product box and take out everything you received.
- Your package includes the Epson XP-200 printer, power cord, ink cartridges, and an installation disk.
- Check whether you have received all the components without any damage.
- Remove all the protective coverings and packing tapes from the printer and its components. Do not unpack the ink cartridges until you are ready to install them.
Turn On Your Printer
Take out the supplied power cord and connect it to the printer and an electrical socket. Adjust the control panel and press the Power button to turn on your printer.
Ink Cartridge Installation
Lift the scanner unit and take out the supplied ink cartridges. Insert the ink cartridges into their holders and press them until they snap in their places. Once you have installed all the ink cartridges, press the Start button to begin the ink charging process in Epson XP 200 Setup.
- Extend the feeder guard, lift the paper support, and extend the output tray.
- Slide the edge guides towards the extreme positions.
- Take a stack of paper, fan, and align the sheets neatly.
- Load the stack into the feeder with the print side facing up and slide the guides against the paper.
- Take out the installation disk and insert it into the CD drive of your computer.
- Run the setup file and install the printer driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, you can download the Epson XP 200 Setup driver from the official support page of Epson.
- Connect your printer and computer over the same network and start printing wirelessly.
Epson XP 200 Driver
A printer driver is the one that can execute the communication between the printer and computer. A printer cannot understand the computer’s language; thus, a printer driver works as an interpreter and translates the computer’s language into a format a printer could understand. For your Epson XP-200 printer, you can download the printer driver from the official support page of Epson.
Epson XP 200 Driver For Windows
- On your computer, visit the official support page of Epson from your default browser.
- Enter Epson XP 200 Setup in the Search By Product Name field and press Enter.
- From the search results, click on your printer model, and you will be taken to the product support page of your printer.
- On the product support page, click on the Downloads tab, and choose the OS as Windows from the Operating System drop-down menu, and click on the Go button.
- Expand the Drivers option, click on the driver you require, and click on the Download button next to it.
- Then, it will start to download in the background.
Epson XP 200 Driver For Mac
- Visit the official support page of Epson from your browser.
- Enter your printer model in the search field.
- Choose your Epson XP 200 Setup from the search results.
- On the product support page, click on the Downloads tab.
- Choose your preferred OS from the Operating System drop-down menu and click on the GO button.
- Choose the driver you need and click on the Download button next to it.
- Once the download gets completed, you can access it in the saved destination.
Epson XP 200 Manual Download
- On your computer, visit the official support page of Epson from your browser.
- Enter your printer model in the search field and press Enter.
- From the list of printers, click on your printer model.
- On the product support page, click on the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- On the manuals page, choose your preferred manual for Epson XP 200 Setup and click on the PDF link next to it.
- Now, the chosen manual will be opened in a new tab of your browser.
- If you prefer to download it on your computer, click on the Download icon at the top-right corner and choose the preferred destination.
Epson XP 200 Scan Setup
- On your Epson XP-200 printer, you can scan your documents/images using the printer control panel or the driver.
- Before you go ahead, make sure that you have connected your printer and computer over the same network.
- Load the originals into the document feeder.
- On your Epson XP 200 Setup, press the B&W copy and Color buttons simultaneously.
- Now, the originals will be scanned and saved as a PDF on your computer.
- You can change the default settings for scanning in the Event Manager.
- On your Windows computer, click Start -> All Programs -> Epson software -> Event Manager.
- Open the scanner and choose your printer model.
- Click on the Make Job Settings option and choose your preferred settings. Finally, click on the OK button.
Epson XP 200 Scan to Computer
- You can scan your documents/images to your computer using the printer control panel or Event Manager. Refer to the previous section for scanning the document using the printer control panel.
- For scanning your documents to your computer using Epson Scan, load the originals into the document feeder.
- Double-click on the Epson Scan icon on your Windows computer.
- Customize your preferred settings and click on the Scan button.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, you can access the scanned document at the saved destination from Epson XP 200 Setup.
Epson XP 200 Mobile Printing Setup
- The Epson iPrint mobile application enables you to print your documents from your Apple and Android devices.
- For the Apple and Android mobile phones, download the Epson iPrint app from the App Store and Play Store, respectively.
- Connect your printer to the same wireless network to which your mobile device is connected.
- Open the app, choose the document/image, and click on the Print button.
- In this manner, you can complete the Epson XP-200 mobile printing setup.
Epson XP 200 wireless setup
- Download the Epson XP 200 Setup driver just as mentioned in the driver download section.
- Once the download gets completed, run the setup file.
- When the License Agreement window appears, read the terms and conditions and click on the Yes button.
- When the Select your Connection screen appears, choose Wireless connection and click on the Next button.
- When prompted, choose the SSID of your router and enter the appropriate password.
- Then, follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions and complete the wireless setup.
Epson XP 200 AirP rint Setup
- AirPrint enables you to print your documents wirelessly from your iOS devices.
- You don’t need to install any specific drivers to enable AirPrint. It is an in-built application on iOS devices.
- Before you go ahead, make sure that you have connected your iOS device and printer to the same network.
- Navigate to the photo/document/ webpage you wish to print, tap the Action icon followed by Print.
- Choose your printer from the list and tap on the Print button.
Epson XP 200 Troubleshoot
Epson XP 200 not printing
- If your Epson XP 200 Setup is not printing, check whether it shows any error codes. If so, fix it first and then check whether you can print.
- Make sure that you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray. Also, check whether the ink levels are sufficient in the cartridges.
- Power-cycle your printer. Turn off your printer. Let it stay undisturbed for a minute and turn on your printer. Then, check whether the issue is resolved.
- Update the printer driver. An outdated printer driver can cause significant issues. You can download the updated printer driver from the official support page of Epson.
- If you cannot fix the issue yet, you can reach out to us.
Epson XP 200 won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- If you cannot connect your Epson XP-200 printer to Wi-Fi, check your Internet connection in the first place.
- Keep your printer near the router and check whether it can connect to the Wi-Fi connection.
- Power-cycle your printer. Turn off your Epson XP 200 Setup and unplug the power cord. Wait for a minute, reconnect the power cord, and turn it on. Then, check whether the issue is resolved.
- Update the printer driver. An outdated printer driver can be a potential reason behind the issue. Update the printer driver and check whether you have fixed the problem.
Epson XP 200 Paper Jam
- If you are facing paper jam issues, go ahead with the steps mentioned below:
- Cancel all the print jobs from your computer.
- Remove all the jammed paper from the output tray.
- Press the B&W and Color buttons simultaneously to resume printing.
- If it shows the same error, turn off your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Raise the scanner unit and take out all the jammed paper.
- Lower the scanner unit of your Epson XP 200 Setup and turn it on by pressing the Power button.
- Now, check whether the issue is resolved.