- Home »
- Epson Xp 2100 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP 2100 SETUP
Epson XP 2100 is a sleek and stylish 3-in-1 printer with Micro Piezo technology. This compact printer supports mobile printing with Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, and Epson apps. The Epson XP 2100 setup process involves:
Unboxing, Installing the ink cartridges, Loading print media and Installing the printer software.
To know more about the Epson XP 2100 printer setup, keep reading the instructions below.
UNBOXING AND BASIC SETUP
Unboxing the Epson XP 2100 printer is quite simple. To perform the basic printer setup, follow these steps.
- Start by taking out the printer from the package.
- Check the printer components included in the package.
- Remove all of the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Avoid touching the flat white cable inside the printer while removing the packing materials.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Turn on your printer and then wait until the Ink button turns solid orange.
- Gently lift the scanner unit and wait for the print head to become idle.
- Shake the black ink cartridge before unpacking it.
- Remove the yellow protective tape from the black ink cartridge.
- Load the cartridge into the print head holder. Ensure that it is properly seated into the slot.
- Unpack the other ink cartridges and load them into the print head holder.
- Make sure you remove the protective seals from the cartridges before loading them into the Epson xp 2100 Setup.
- Lower the scanner unit. Then press the Start button to start ink priming.
Loading print media:
- After completing the ink priming process, flip the feeder guard forward and raise the paper support.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the paper support. Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Pull out the paper output tray from the printer.
- Next, press the Power and Stop buttons simultaneously to align the print head.
- Determine the print quality from the printed alignment sheet.
Installing the printer software:
- Insert the CD-ROM that came along with your printer into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD-ROM to begin the driver installation.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type in the driver installation wizard.
- Finish the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts.
EPSON XP 2100 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The printer driver is responsible for the communication between your printer and computer. You can use the driver file on the CD-ROM provided with your printer for the driver installation. If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, click the Driver Download button on this page or get the driver for Epson xp 2100 setup from the official Epson site.
EPSON XP 2100 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Epson printer drivers on your Windows computer.
- Launch the default browser on your computer.
- Visit the official Epson site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the printer model in the search result and wait until your Windows OS version is detected automatically.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, select the correct OS version from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Drivers & software tab and select the required printer driver from the displayed list.
- Click on Download and then save the driver file to your computer.
EPSON XP 2100 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Wait until your macOS version is detected and displayed in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Drivers & software tab and choose the required driver from the displayed list.
- Click the Download button; wait for the driver file for epson xp 2100 setup to get downloaded to your Mac.
EPSON XP 2100 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Epson XP 2100 printer is provided along with the printer during the first-time purchase. If you wish to download the manual, click the Manual Download button on this page. You can also get the Epson XP 2100 manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- Visit the official Epson site in your computer browser.
- Type ‘Epson XP 2100′ in the search field and click Search.
- If necessary, choose your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Click the Manuals & Documentation tab and select the required manual from the displayed list.
- Click Download and save the manual to your computer.
- If your manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon and save the manual to your computer.
EPSON XP 2100 SCAN SETUP
The Epson XP 2100 Setup comes with a flatbed scanner for scanning all your original documents. Using the printer control panel buttons, you can quickly scan a document and save it as a PDF to your computer. You can also use the Epson Scan 2 software to scan from your computer. To know more about the scan setup, keep reading the instructions on this page.
EPSON XP 2100 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Using the printer control panel:
- First, turn on your printer and then place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Next, connect your printer and computer via a USB cable.
- Verify that you have installed the Epson Event Manager program on your computer.
- Go to the printer control panel and press the Color Start and Black Start buttons simultaneously.
- Now, the original document will be scanned and saved as a PDF to the connected computer.
EPSON XP 2100 REPLACE INK CARTRIDGE
You should replace the ink cartridges on your Epson XP 2100 setup if it is running low on ink. For detailed instructions, go through these steps.
- Start by opening the scanner glass and wait for the print head to move towards the left.
- Take out the expended ink cartridge without damaging the internal parts of your printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge. Remove the yellow tape from it.
- If it is a black ink cartridge, shake it before unpacking.
- Install the replacement cartridge into the print head holder and then lower the scanner unit.
- Press the Stop button to start ink charging.
You have now seen how to replace the ink cartridge on your Epson XP 2100 printer.
EPSON XP 2100 WI-FI SETUP
You can perform the Wi-Fi setup for your Epson XP 2100 printer using one of the following methods.
WPS Push Button, WPS PIN Code Setup and Wi-Fi Direct.
For the WPS Push button method, your router should support WPS. The Wi-Fi Direct method doesn’t require any routers or access points to make the wireless connection as it uses the printer’s Wi-Fi. Keep reading the instructions to know more about the Wi-Fi setup.
EPSON XP 2100 WPS SETUP
Connecting your printer and router:
- Firstly, turn on your Epson XP 2100 setup and router.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Verify if your router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Press the WPS button on your router; hold it until the security light flashes.
- Go to your printer control panel and press the Wi-Fi button. Hold it until the Wi-Fi light flashes.
- Once the wireless connection is made, the Wi-Fi light turns solid green.
Connecting your printer and computer:
- Once your printer gets connected to your router, connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Run the driver installation wizard using the downloaded driver package or the CD-ROM provided with the printer package.
- In the driver installation wizard, agree to the EULA and choose the Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi) option as your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and establish the wireless connection between your printer and computer.
- To verify the connection, print a test page.
You have now completed the Wi-Fi setup for your Epson XP 2100 setup using the WPS Push button method.
EPSON XP 2100 TROUBLESHOOTING
If your printer is not working as expected, identify the problem with your printer and execute the correct troubleshooting steps. In most cases, restarting the printer can fix the issues. For assistance in resolving your printer issues, contact us by clicking the Call button on this page.
EPSON XP 2100 TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY
If your Epson XP 2100 printer turns off automatically while being connected to your computer, then check if the Power Off If Inactive setting is turned on. To fix this issue, carry out these steps.
- First, open the Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Right-click your printer’s icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Maintenance tab in the printer driver window.
- Disable the following settings.
- Power Off If Inactive
- Power Off If Disconnected
- Power Off Timer
- Click OK and then restart your printer.
- At the top-left corner of your desktop, click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click the Print & Scan icon in the System Preferences window.
- Select your printer from the left-side panel and click on Options & Supplies.
- Click Utility -> Open Printer Utility -> Printer Settings.
- Disable the following settings.
- Power Off If Inactive
- Power Off If Disconnected
- Power Off Timer
- Click OK and restart your Epson xp 2100 setup.
EPSON XP 2100 PAPER JAM
If any paper is jammed inside your printer, remove it gently without damaging the internal parts. Restart your printer and try printing your document again to check if the problem reappears. If the problem persists, follow these steps.
- Flip the feeder guard forward and then take out the paper stack.
- Fan the paper stack correctly and then load it into the paper support.
- Slide the edge guides to touch the sides of the paper stack. Make sure it is not too tight.
- Clean the paper path and open the scanner unit.
- Check for any foreign objects inside the printer.
- Lower the scanner unit and restart your printer.
- This should fix the paper jam error on your Epson XP 2100 setup.
EPSON XP 2100 PAPER FEED PROBLEM
If you are getting the paper feed problems on your Epson XP 2100 printer, check the following and execute the appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure that your printer has been placed on a flat surface.
- Always use the paper supported by your printer.
- Carry out the paper handling precautions properly.
- Check if you have loaded more sheets than the permitted limit.
- Check the paper edge guides.
- Verify if the paper has been loaded in the correct direction.
If necessary, check the paper path and clean the rollers feeding the paper to resolve the paper feed problems in Epson xp 2100 setup.
EPSON XP 2100 CANNOT PRINT FROM COMPUTER
If you cannot print from your computer to the Epson XP 2100 printer, there might be issues with the print settings or the connection between your printer and computer. So, carry out the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to resolve the printing issues.
- Start by checking the connection between your printer and computer.
- If you have connected the device over a wireless network, print the Network Connection Report.
- Next, check if you have properly loaded the paper on the paper support.
- Go to your computer and open the Print dialog box.
- Check if you have selected your printer’s name from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Properties and check the print settings in the printer driver window.
- Save the settings and clear all the pending print jobs.
Now, try printing your document and check if the printing issues have been resolved in Epson xp 2100 setup. If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the printer driver.