- Epson XP-245 Install
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP-245 SETUP
Epson XP-245 is a Small-in-One printer with Micro Piezo technology. This stylish and compact printer supports wireless connectivity and mobile printing. In addition, it supports Epson Connect services and so you can make use of iPrint, Email Print, and Remote Print. The printer setup involves unboxing the package, installing ink cartridges, loading paper, and installing the printer software. For detailed Epson XP-245 Setup instructions, go through the steps on this page.
UNBOXING AND BASIC EPSON XP-245 SETUP
If you are setting up the Epson XP 245 printer for the first time, follow these steps.
- First, unpack your printer from the package and check the printer components.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Raise the printer control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Lift the scanner unit and wait until the carriage stops moving towards the left.
- Avoid touching the flat white cables inside the printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the yellow protective tapes from them.
- Epson XP-245 Setup and Install the ink cartridges into the correct slots and close the scanner unit.
- After a few minutes, flip the feed guard forward to lift the paper support.
- Slide the paper guides apart.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the paper support.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and then pull out the paper output tray from the printer.
- Next, insert the CD-ROM provided with the printer into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file on the CD-ROM to begin the driver installation.
- Finish the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts and complete the printer Epson XP-245 Setup.
EPSON XP 245 DRIVER
The driver for your Epson XP 245 printer is available on the CD-ROM for Windows OS. You can also download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Epson site.
EPSON XP 245 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On your Windows computer, open the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
Click your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result to go to the software download page.
- Wait until your Windows OS version is detected automatically. In case it is not detected, choose your Windows OS version from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Drivers & Software tab and select the required Epson XP-245 Setup driver from the displayed list.
- Click Download and wait until the driver file is completely downloaded to your computer.
EPSON XP 245 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the printer model in the search result.
- Now, you will be directed to the printer support page.
- Wait until your macOS version is detected automatically and displayed in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Drivers & Software tab and choose the required driver from the displayed list.
- Select Download to save the driver to your Mac.
- Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder and double-click the driver file to create a disk image on the desktop.
- Open the created disk image and double-click the installer icon to run the driver installation wizard.
EPSON XP 245 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Epson XP 245 printer is provided along with the printer during the first-time purchase. In case the manual is not available, click the Manual Download button on this page to download it to your computer. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- Launch the browser on your computer and go to the official Epson site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the Manuals & Documentation tab and select the User’s Guide option from the displayed list.
- Now, the manual opens as a PDF in your browser.
- Click the Download icon in the PDF to save the manual to your computer.
EPSON XP 245 SCAN SETUP
The Epson XP-245 Setup printer has a flatbed scanner to scan all your original documents. You can scan using the printer control panel, Epson Scan 2 software, and Epson iPrint. To know more about the scan setup, go through the steps on this page.
EPSON XP 245 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Using the printer control panel:
- To begin with, turn on your Epson XP 245 printer and then connect it to your computer via a USB cable.
- If necessary, you can also connect the devices over a wireless network.
- Ensure that you have installed the Epson Scan 2 and Epson Event Manager programs on your computer.
- Next, lift the scanner unit and place the original document you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner unit and press the Color Start and Black Start buttons simultaneously to scan and save your document to the connected computer.
- Now, the scanned image will be saved as a PDF on your computer.
EPSON XP 245 SCAN TO EMAIL
You can easily scan your document and send it by email using the Epson iPrint app. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to scan and email your document using Epson XP-245 Setup iPrint.
Registering the printer with Epson Connect:
- On your computer, download the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility from the official Epson site.
- Run the downloaded utility.
- Agree to the EULA and click Next.
- Click Install and then select Finish.
- Choose your printer’s name and click Next.
- Enable the Printer Registration radio button and click Next.
- Select Agree for the privacy statement and click OK when you see the Register a printer to Epson Connect message.
- Create a new Epson Connect account or sign in to your existing account.
- Register your printer with Epson Connect Services and click Close.
- If you wish to register your printer to Epson Connect Services from your smartphone, use the Epson XP-245 Setup Finder app.
Scanning to email using Epson iPrint:
- Installing the Epson iPrint app on your smartphone is the first step.
- You can get the app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your Epson XP 245 printer and smartphone over a wireless network.
- On your smartphone, launch the Epson iPrint app and add your printer.
- Tap the Scan tile and select the Settings icon at the top to specify the scan settings.
- Tap Scan to scan your document.
- Once the scan is complete, tap Mail to attach the scanned copy to your email message.
- Fill in the necessary details and send the email with the scanned image as an attachment.
EPSON XP 245 WI-FI SETUP
You can perform the Wi-Fi setup for your Epson XP 245 printer using any one of the following methods.
- WPS Push Button method
- WPS PIN Button method
Remember that you can set up your printer to routers that support Wi-Fi Protected Epson XP-245 Setup. To know more about the Wi-Fi setup, go through the steps given on this page.
EPSON XP 245 WPS SETUP
- Turn on your printer, computer, and router.
- Disconnect the USB cable (if any) connected to your printer.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Connect your computer to your Epson XP-245 Setup wireless network.
WPS setup using the control panel:
- Go to your printer control panel.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button for at least 3 seconds.
- Now, the Wi-Fi light will begin to flash.
- Within 2 minutes, go to your router. Press and hold down the WPS button until the LEDs on your router blink.
- Wait until the printer detects your wireless network.
- Once the wireless connection is made, the Wi-Fi light will become solid green.
- To verify the wireless connection, you can also print the network connection report by pressing the Info button.
Connecting printer and computer wirelessly:
- On your computer, Epson XP-245 Setup and install the printer software using the downloaded driver package or CD-ROM that came with your printer.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen prompts and establish the wireless connection between your printer and computer.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page remotely from your computer to verify if you can access the printer wirelessly.
SOLVED: EPSON XP 245 TROUBLESHOOT
Troubleshooting an issue on the Epson XP 245 printer is quite simple if you go through the quick steps on this page. The first step in troubleshooting a printer issue is to identify the actual cause. Once you know the cause behind the issue, you can execute the troubleshooting steps. You can also get remote assistance in resolving your Epson XP-245 Setup printer issues by clicking the Call button on this page.
EPSON XP 245 NOT PRINTING BLACK
If your Epson XP 245 printer is not printing in black, check the black ink cartridge level. For that, access the printer driver window on your computer and navigate to Ink Levels under the Main tab.
Case 1: If the black ink level is low
- Open the scanner unit and remove the expended black ink cartridge.
- Install a new black ink cartridge.
- Make sure you remove the yellow tape from the cartridge before loading it into the printer.
- Close the scanner unit and restart your printer.
Case 2: If the black ink level is optimum
- Load a paper stack into the paper support.
- Turn off the printer. Wait for a few seconds and then turn on your printer while holding the Stop button.
- Release the Stop button when the power light flashes. Doing so will print the nozzle check pattern sheet.
- If the black ink is missing in the printed pattern, press and hold the Stop button for at least 3 seconds. This will start the print head cleaning process.
- Once the process gets over, restart your printer and print the nozzle check pattern sheet to determine the black ink quality.
EPSON XP 245 PAPER JAM
- If any paper is jammed inside your Epson XP-245 Setup printer, follow these steps to resolve it.
- Start by removing the jammed paper out from the printer paper support or output tray.
- Open the scanner unit and stop it to its locking position.
- Remove the jammed paper or foreign objects inside the printer without touching the print head carriage and flat white cables.
- Restart your printer and print a document to check if the paper jams again.
EPSON XP 245 PAPER FEED PROBLEM
- If you are getting paper feed problems on your Epson XP 245 printer, check the paper path.
- If necessary, clean the paper path.
- Always use the paper supported by this printer.
- Slide the paper guides apart and take out the paper stack.
- Fan the paper stack and reload it into the paper support.
- Make sure not to load more than the maximum number of sheets.
- Slide the paper guides to touch the edges of the paper stack and make sure it is not too tight.
- Restart your computer and print your document to check if the Epson XP-245 Setup problem has been resolved.
EPSON XP 245 SCANNER NOT WORKING
If your Epson XP 245 scanner is not working as expected, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- First, verify if you have placed the original document correctly on the scanner glass.
- Check if the USB or Wi-Fi connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- If necessary, you can restart your printer and reconnect it to your computer.
- Next, verify if you have properly installed the Epson Scan 2 and Epson Event Manager program on your computer.
- If you are scanning remotely from the computer, ensure that your printer name is selected.
- Next, check the scan settings in the Epson Event Manager program.
- To troubleshoot the scan issues further, open Control Panel and click on View scanners and cameras below Scanners and Camera.
- Check if your printer’s icon is listed.
- If your printer (scanner) is not available in the list, reinstall the scanner driver.
Now, the Epson XP-245 Setup and scanner issues should be fixed.