- Home »
- Epson XP 300 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP 300 SETUP
Epson XP 300 is a sleek and stylish 3-in-1 printer with Micro Piezo technology. This compact printer supports mobile printing with Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, and Epson apps. The Epson XP 300 setup process involves:
Unboxing, Installing the ink cartridges, Loading print media and Installing the printer software.
Epson XP 300 is a 3-in-1 printer that can support printing, scanning, and copying. Epson XP 300 is equipped with a 1.44′ LCD screen. It comes with a memory card slot. So you can insert the memory card into the slot and print your documents without using any other devices. It is compact; thus, it can fit almost anywhere. Through Epson Connect, you can print all your documents wirelessly. If you want to know the setup process of Epson XP 300, follow the steps given below.
Unboxing and Basic Setup
Unpack your printer and take out all the components given along with your printer. Your box contains the Epson XP 300 printer, Ink Cartridges, Power Cord, CD ROM, and a User Manual. Remove all the packing materials and protective tapes from the printer and its components. Make sure not to unpack the ink cartridges until you are ready to install them.
Turn on your printer.
- Take out the power cord given along with your Epson xp 300 setup.
- Raise the paper support of your printer. Connect the power cord between your printer and an electrical socket.
- Lift the control panel gently and press the Power button.
- Now, select your language by using the up and down arrows. In case you want to change the language later, you can do so using the control panel.
Install the Ink Cartridges
- Raise the scanner unit and wait until the ink cartridge holder comes to rest.
- Take out the provided ink cartridges, shake them three to four times, and unpack them one by one.
- Insert the ink cartridges into the holders according to the color indications. Press the ink cartridges until they snap in their places. Close the scanner unit.
- Press OK on your printer’s control panel. Now, your printer starts to prime the ink delivery system, and it takes around 4 minutes.
- Flip the feeder guard forward, slide out the output tray, and lift the paper stopper.
- Slide the paper guides towards the edges.
- Fan and align your paper neatly and load the paper with the short edge first.
- Adjust the guides against your paper and flip the feeder guard back.
Install the printer driver
Take out the CD drive given along with your printer and insert it into the CD drive. Open the file and double-click on it to run the setup file. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver setup for Epson xp 300 setup.
Epson XP 300 Driver Download
- On your default browser, visit the official support page of Epson printers. In the Search by product Name field, type Epson XP 300, and click on Enter.
- A list of printers will be displayed under Support Product Search Results. Select Epson XP 300 to proceed further.
- Just below your printer’s image, you can find several options; click on Downloads.
- Depending on your browser, your operating system and its version will be detected automatically.
- You can also change it just as you prefer. Click on the drop-down and then select your preferred OS.
- A list of drivers compatible with your operating system will appear. Select the required driver.
- Click on the Download option next to the selected driver.
- Your printer driver starts to download. You can access the driver at the specified location.
Epson XP 300 Driver for Windows
- On your computer, go to your default browser and enter the URL of Epson’s official support page in the search field.
- You will be taken to Epson’s support page. In the search field, type your printer’s name and click on the Search button.
- You will be taken to the Epson XP 300 Setup page. Here, you can notice several options like Downloads, Fads, videos, and so on.
- Click on the Download option. You can see that your OS has already been detected in the Operating System field.
- If not, select your OS as Windows along with the version you are using.
- A list of Drivers, Utilities, and Firmware compatible with Windows OS will be displayed.
- Select the driver which you require and click on the Download option.
- Now, you can see that the driver starts downloading in the background.
Epson XP 300 Driver for Mac
- Visit the official support website of the Epson printer from your browser.
- On Epson’s support page, type Epson XP 300 and click on Enter.
- Just below your printer’s image, you can find the Download option. Click on it.
- On the driver download page, your operating system will be automatically detected. You can also change it in the drop-down menu. Select the OS as Mac in the OS drop-down.
- A list of drivers compatible with your Mac will be displayed. Select the driver you need and click on the Download option.
- Now, your printer driver starts to download in the background.
- You can access the driver at the specified destination.
Epson XP 300 Manual Download
- On your computer, visit Epson’s official support page from your default browser.
- In the Search by Product Name field, type in Epson XP 300 setup and click on the Search button.
- Just below your printer’s image, you can find several options. Click on the Manuals and Warranty option.
- Now, a list of manuals like User Guide and Startup Guide for your Epson XP 300 will be displayed.
- Select the manual you need and then click on the Download option.
- Your manual will start to download in the background, and you can view the manual once the download is complete.
Epson XP 300 Scan Setup
- In the Epson XP 300 printer, you can scan your documents in several methods. You can scan using your printer’s control panel, using the Epson Scan icon, and from a scanning program as well.
- Insert your documents into the document feeder and install the printer driver on your computer.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the arrow keys to select the Scan option and preferred scan settings.
- Select the connection type. If you have connected your computer and Epson xp 300 setup through USB, click on the USB connection, and if you have connected them over a network, select the computer to be scanned.
- Now, press the Start button to start scanning.
- To start scanning using the Epson Scan icon on your computer, double click on the Epson Scan icon. Once the Epson scan window opens, select your scan preference and start scanning.
Epson XP 300 Scan to computer
- Install the printer driver on your computer.
- On your printer’s control panel, use the arrow buttons and select the Scan option. Then press the OK button.
- To save the scanned document to your computer, press the arrow keys and select the To PC option. If you want to save the document in PDF format, select the TO PC (PDF) option.
- Select the connection type. If you have connected your printer and computer through the USB cable, select the USB connection option. If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, select the computer to which you want to scan.
- Click on the Start button to start scanning.
- Now, you can access the scanned document on your computer.
Epson XP 300 Replace Ink Cartridge
- When you replace the ink cartridges, ensure to use genuine Epson ink cartridges. You can purchase them from the Epson supplies center or Epson authorized dealer.
- When your ink is expended, you will be notified with the ‘Replace ink Cartridges’ message on your printer’s LCD screen.
- Using the arrow keys, click on the Setup option. Then, select Maintenance followed by Ink Cartridge and select Replacement. Now, click on the OK button.
- Open the scanner unit and lift the cartridge by squeezing the tab.
- Unpack the new cartridge and shake it around 4 to 5 times.
- Insert the cartridge into the cartridge holder, press the OK button, and lower the scanner unit in Epson xp 300 setup.
Epson XP 300 Wi-Fi Setup
- On your printer’s control panel, use the arrow buttons to select the Wi-Fi setup option and press the OK button.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi Setup wizard and press the OK button.
- From the list of networks, select your preferred network.
- You can also enter the wireless network name and SSID manually. Select the Other SSIDs option and press OK. Enter your SSID along with your password and press the OK button. Your printer will search for the network and connect to it.
- Now, you have successfully connected your Epson XP 300 to the Wi-Fi network.
Epson XP 300 WPS Setup
Unfortunately, Epson XP 300 is not a WPS-enabled printer.
Epson XP 300 Troubleshoot
Epson XP 300 Not Printing Black
- If your Epson XP 300 fails to print black, check whether the ink has expended in the black cartridge. Replace the ink cartridge if necessary and check whether you can print black.
- If there is no issue with the cartridge, you need to check the print head of your printer. Your print head might have clogged, and you need to clean the nozzle.
- For cleaning the print head, load paper on the feeder. Using the arrow buttons, select the Setup option and press the OK button.
- Then select the Maintenance option and press OK.
- Finally, select the Head Cleaning option and press OK.
- Now, the power light blinks throughout the cleaning process and ends up in solid green light when the cleaning process is over.
- Print a page on Epson xp 300 setup to check whether the issue has been resolved. Repeat the process 4 to 5 times.
Epson XP 300 paper jam
- If you face an error on your printer related to paper jams, take the jammed paper out from the sheet feeder and output tray.
- Press the Start button and resume printing.
- If the error persists, power off your printer and lift the scanner unit.
- Take out the jammed and torn pages you find inside the scanner unit.
- Power on your printer and check whether you have resolved your issue.
Epson XP 300 paper feed problem
If your paper fails to feed for printing, check whether you have inserted the paper in the proper orientation. If you have loaded multiple pages, take them off the feeder and insert only the recommended number of pages. When there is a paper jam inside your printer, it might not feed the paper for printing. So clear the paper jam and try again.
Epson XP 300 Error Code E-01
Power cycle your printer. Turn off your printer and let it stay undisturbed for around 30 seconds. Power on your printer. Check whether the issue is resolved. If the error continues, check for paper jams inside your Epson XP 300 Setup. Clean the jammed paper and check whether the error has disappeared. If you cannot resolve your issue, reach out to us.