- Home »
- Epson XP 310
GUIDANCE FOR EPSON XP 310 SETUP
Epson XP 310 setup is a wireless printer with scanner and copier functions. It has Wi-Fi Direct, which allows you to print without a wireless network. You can also print easily from your mobile devices through wireless printing. The Inkjet printer gives good quality photo prints instantly.
For the first time set up, consider the procedure given below.
First, take out the printer from the carton and then remove all the packing materials like tapes and plastic covers from the Epson printer. Now, connect the printer to the power supply and turn it on. Set the date, time, and other settings on the printer by following the instructions on the screen.
Raise the paper input tray and slide the paper guides to the edges of the tray. Now, align a stack of paper and insert them into the paper input tray. Pull the output tray and set the correct paper settings on the Epson printer. Open the scanner unit to load the ink cartridges. Press each cartridge into the slot until it clicks into place. After installing the Epson ink cartridges, close the scanner unit. Now, the printer will start the ink priming process.
To connect the printer and computer, you have to install the printer software. You can download the printer driver from the official Epson site or use the installation disc. Run the installer file to start the installation. Choose the preferred connection type and complete the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
How to Setup The Printer Wireless
If you want to Epson XP 310 setup the printer wirelessly, you can follow the steps given below.
- Press the home button. Then select the Wi-Fi Setup option using the navigation buttons. Press the OK button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard section and tap press the OK button.
- Choose your wireless network name from the displayed list and press the OK button.
- If you can’t see the network name, enter the SSID manually.
- Type the network password using the navigation buttons.
- You can print the network configuration sheet when the connection is successful.
- Install the printer software on your computer and choose the Wireless connection option to connect your device.
Epson XP 310 Driver Download
- Go to the official Epson website from a web browser on your computer.
- Navigate to the support page and type the Epson printer’s model number in the search section. Tap Enter.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose your operating system from the drop-down list.
- You can select the recommended driver and download it to get the full functionality of the printer.
- Otherwise, click on the Download button on this page to download the driver.
Epson XP 310 Driver Mac
- You can download the Epson printer driver for Mac from the official Epson XP 310 setup website of the printer.
- Open the downloaded setup file to start the installation. Select Start Here Mac.
- When the Install Epson Printer Driver window appears, click Continue.
- When prompted to enter the Mac password, type it.
- Click on the Install button and continue with the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Guidelines for Wireless Setup
- Make sure to set up your wireless router before you begin the connection process.
- First, press the Home button on the printer.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Setup section using the navigation buttons and tap the OK button.
- Select Push Button Setup (WPS) and tap OK.
- When prompted, tap the WPS button on the router and establish the connection by following the on-screen instructions.
Guidelines For Wifi Direct
- First, press the home button on the printer.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup option using the navigation buttons. Press OK.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Direct Setup section and press the OK button.
- To change the Wi-Fi Direct password, press the down arrow button. Tap OK.
- Type your Wi-Fi Direct password and tap OK.
- Now, the network name and password will be displayed on the printer screen.
- From your computer or mobile, turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select the printer’s wireless network name and enter the password to get connected to the network.
How To Connect Printer with Computer?
If you want to connect the Epson XP 310 printer to your computer, you can use the Wireless connection or Direct USB connection method.
- First, install the Epson XP 310 setup printer software on your computer.
- Choose the connection method when prompted.
- For the Wireless connection method, connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network.
- For the Direct USB connection method, connect the printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Once connected, you can print from your computer.
How to Scan on Printer
- Make sure that you have installed the scanning software on your computer.
- Now, open the scanner unit and place the document on the scanner glass by following the mark. Close the scanner cover.
- Press the Home button and select the Scan option using the navigation buttons. Tap OK.
- Touch the Start button on the printer after selecting the scan option to begin the scanning process.
Epson Xp 310 Scan to PC
- After installing the scanning software, you can scan from your computer or printer.
- Make sure to connect your computer and printer.
- To scan from the control panel of the printer, first place the document on the scanner glass.
- Press the Home button and select the Scan option using the navigation buttons. Touch OK.
- If you are scanning a photo, select the To PC (JPEG) option. Otherwise, select To PC (PDF).
- Press the Start button and save the scanned image or document to your computer.
Epson Xp 310 Troubleshooting
If you are undergoing any problems with your Epson XP 310 setup printer, check the printer screen for any errors. Most of the printer issues can be fixed by following the instructions on the screen. Make sure to maintain the printer properly once in a while.
- For paper jam issues, cancel the print job in progress.
- Open the scanner unit and gently remove the jammed paper using both hands.
- Check for any torn paper bits inside the printer and remove it.
- Now, press the Start button to begin printing again.
- For print quality problems, make sure that the ink cartridges have enough ink to print. Replace them if needed.
- Run a nozzle check and check the pattern that is printed.
- Clean the print head using lint-free cloth if necessary.
- For network issues, make sure that there are no issues with the Internet Service Provider.
- Check whether the printer and device are connected to the same wireless network.
- If the driver is outdated, reinstall the printer driver by downloading it from the official Epson XP 310 setup website to fix the issue.
- You can also click on the Call button on this page to contact our technical support team.