- Home »
- Brother XP 340
Guidance For Epson XP 340 Setup
Epson XP 340 is a wireless color printer that allows you to print wirelessly and it is most suitable for printing photos. It is a fast and simple All-in-One printer. Consider the steps that are given below to Epson XP 340 setup the printer.
Step 1:Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes, covers, and films from the printer.
- Open the scanner unit.
- Remove the protective films and tapes inside the printer. Close the scanner unit.
- The printer components that are included in the package consist of the following.
- Power cord
- Installation disc
- Ink cartridges
- Manuals and guides
Step 2: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer.
- Plug in the other end of the power cord to an AC outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Lift the control panel of the printer to a convenient angle.
- Choose your language using the navigation buttons on the printer.
- Set the date, time, and other required settings on the printer.
Step 3: Installing ink cartridges
- Open the scanner unit to install the ink cartridges.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the yellow tape.
- Make sure not to touch the contacts of the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges one by one into the right slots.
- Press each ink cartridge down until it locks into place.
- Once you have installed the ink cartridges, close the scanner unit.
- Now, the Epson XP 340 setup printer will begin the priming process, which will take around 10 minutes to complete.
- You will see a message showing successful on the screen once the priming process is complete.
Step 4: Loading Paper
- Open the feeder guard, then pull the paper support upwards to extend it.
- Slide the edge guide in the paper support.
- Load some paper in the feeder and adjust the paper guide according to the size of the paper.
- Pull out the output tray.
- Set the correct paper settings on the printer.
Step 5: Installing software
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- You can also download the software from the official Epson website.
- Double-click on the installer file to begin the installation of the software.
- Choose the type of connection and then print a test page.
Epson Xp 340 Driver Download
- To quickly download the driver for your Epson printer, click the Driver Download button on this page.
- Otherwise, open the official Epson XP 340 setup website from your browser.
- On the official page, select Support > Printers, and then enter the printer model number in the search box.
- On the printer’s support page, select the Downloads tab and choose your operating system from the drop-down list.
- Now, choose the required driver and click on the Download button next to it.
Epson Xp 340 Driver Mac
- Go to the official support page of the Epson XP 340 printer.
- Select the Downloads tab and choose your operating system as Mac. Now, download the driver.
- Open the downloaded file and select the Start Here Mac option.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Open.
- In the installation wizard, continue with the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Epson Xp 340 Manual Download
- Go to the official Epson website and then go to the support page of the Epson XP 340 printer.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- From the list of manuals, click the PDF link beside the required manual.
- You can also click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the printer’s user manual.
Epson Xp 340 Wifi Setup
- Make sure to keep your wireless router turned on connect your computer to it.
- Note down the SSID and password of your wireless network.
- Now, press the Home button on the printer.
- Using the navigation buttons, select Wi-Fi Setup and tap the OK button.
- Choose the Wi-Fi option and press the OK button.
- Go to Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and choose your network name.
- Enter the password of your network to get connected to it.
- When the Epson XP 340 setup is successful, install the printer software on the computer and add the printer.
- Once done, make sure to print a test page.
Epson Xp 340 Connect To Computer
- You can choose either the Wireless connection or Direct USB connection to connect to the printer to your computer.
- In case of a Wireless connection, connect the printer and device to the same wireless network.
- For a USB connection, you can use a USB cable to connect the printer and driver.
- Install the Epson driver on the computer.
- In the installation wizard, select the software to be installed and then click Install.
- On the Printer Setup screen, choose either Wireless connection or Direct USB connection.
- Once you have done with the setup, you will be able to print from your computer.
How to Scan on Epson Xp 340
- Check if you have installed the printer software on your computer.
- On the printer, open the document cover and load the photo/document you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Using the navigation button on the printer, select the Scan option.
- Select the required scan option.
- Choose the connected printer to save the scanned document.
- Press the Start button.
Epson Xp 340 Scan To Computer
- First, turn on your Epson XP 340 setup printer and connect it to your computer.
- To begin a scan, place the document or photo on the scanner glass of the printer.
- Press the Home button on the printer
- Select the Scan option and then select the To Computer (JPEG) or To Computer (PDF) option.
- Choose your computer from the list.
- Press the Start button to begin scanning and send the scanned copy to the computer.
Epson Xp-340 Scan Multiple Pages
- Connect the printer to your computer and load the first page of the original on the scanner glass.
- Open the Epson Scan 2 application on the computer.
- Choose the Scanner, Scanner Settings, and Mode.
- In the Main Settings tab, go to the After Scanning Option drop-down menu and choose the option to add additional pages.
- Similarly, choose PDF or Multi-TIFF in the Image Format drop-down menu.
- Preview the document and then click the Scan button.
Epson Xp 340 Troubleshooting
The printer may undergo certain issues when used for a longer time. Some of the problems that occur on the printer and their troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below. You can click on the Call button on this page to sort out your issues and fix them.
- If any paper is stuck, cancel the print job.
- Locate and remove the jammed paper from the feeder and the output tray.
- Press the Start button to continue printing.
- If the error message appears again, then turn off the printer and remove the power cord.
- Open the scanner unit and remove the jammed paper using both hands.
- If you find any paper bits or pieces inside the printer, remove it.
- Now, close the scanner unit and turn on the printer.
- Ensure that the Epson XP 340 setup printer is properly connected to your computer.
- If the printer is offline or in sleep mode, fix it.
- Run a nozzle check. Verify whether the nozzles are clogged.
- Ensure that the printer is set as the default printer on your computer.
- If the issue persists, reinstall the printer driver. Connect the printer again to resolve the issue.