- Home »
- Epson XP 4100
Epson XP 4100 Setup
Epson XP 4100 is a wireless color printer with multiple features. This All-in-One inkjet printer comes with two-sided printing capabilities. It has a 2.4-inch color LCD for easy user access. Carry out the given below steps on the Epson XP 4100 setup.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes, protective films, and plastic covers from the outside of the printer.
- Open the scanner cover. Remove the tapes and protective films inside the printer. Close the scanner cover.
- The printer components which are included in the package are listed below.
- Installation disc
- Manuals and Guides
- Power cord
- Ink cartridges
Step 2: Configure the printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the Epson printer.
- Plug in the other end of the power cord to an AC outlet.
- Once you have connected the printer to a power source, tap the Power button on the printer’s control panel.
- Raise the control panel to a convenient level.
- Now, choose your language from the displayed list using the touchscreen display and tap OK.
- Also, set the date, time, and other settings on the Epson printer.
Step 3: Installing ink cartridges
- Open the scanner unit and raise the unit until it locks into place.
- First, unpack the black ink cartridge and shake it for about 15 times. Remove the yellow tape on it.
- Now, fix the black ink cartridge to the correct slot referring to the color label.
- Follow these steps to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup.
- Unpack the remaining cartridges and repeat the same procedure to install them one by one.
- After inserting the ink cartridges into their slots, check it once.
- Once you have installed the ink cartridges, close the scanner unit and tap OK.
- Wait for about seven minutes until the ink charging process is complete.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the screen once the process is complete.
- Adjust the print quality after loading the paper.
Step 4: Loading Paper
- Raise the input paper tray and pull out the output tray.
- Slide side paper guides to the edges of the tray.
- Align a stack of paper on a flat surface and fan them well before loading.
- Insert the paper into the paper input tray with the print side facing up.
- Adjust the paper guides towards the paper by sliding them.
- Ensure that the paper guides do not fold the edges of the paper.
- Also, load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Set the correct paper settings on the printer according to the size of the paper you have loaded.
- Perform these steps to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- For a Mac device, you can easily download the software from the official Epson website.
- Run the installer file to begin the installation.
- Choose the connection type when prompted.
- Download the Epson Print Enabler app from the Google Play Store to print from Android smartphones.
Epson XP 4100 Driver Download
- Go to the official Epson website from a web browser.
- Navigate to the Support page and click Printers.
- Type the model number of the printer and hit the Enter key.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, select the Downloads tab.
- Choose your operating system and version from the drop-down list.
- Select the required driver and click on the Download button next to it.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the printer’s driver.
- The Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer software is the recommended driver package to access all the features of the printer.
- Proceed these steps to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup.
Epson XP 4100 Driver Mac
- You can download the printer driver from the official Epson website.
- Choose the OS as Mac and download the driver from the printer’s support page.
- Click Start Here and run the wizard.
- Choose your language from the drop-down list and click Next.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of the license agreement and click Next.
- Select a location to install the software. Click on the Install button.
- Choose the preferred type of connection and connect the printer to your Mac.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
Epson Xp 4100 Manual Download
- Open your browser and go to the official Epson website.
- Navigate to the Support page and select Printers.
- Select All-In-Ones and click XP Series.
- Choose your printer model from the displayed list.
- Select the Manuals and Warranty tab and select the PDF link next to User’s Guide.
- Once the PDF is opened, click on the Download icon on the top of the page to download the guide.
- Otherwise, click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
- Using these steps to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup.
Epson Xp 4100 Connect To Computer
- The printer supports wireless and direct USB connection.
- If you connect the printer to your computer using Wireless connection, connect both devices to the same wireless network.
- For the Direct USB connection, you have to connect the printer and computer using a USB cable, which is less than 3.0 m. Make sure to connect the cable only when prompted while installing the software.
- You can install the software from the installation disc or download it from the official Epson website.
- Run the installer file and choose the type of connection when prompted.
- Continue with the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
Epson Xp 4100 Airprint
To print from iOS devices like an iPhone or iPad without installing the driver, you can make use of the AirPrint feature. Since the Epson printer has an AirPrint feature, connect the printer and device to the same wireless network first.
- Select the Wi-Fi icon on the printer display and select Wi-Fi (Recommended).
- Tap Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and choose your network name.
- Once the printer is connected to the network, connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the document you want to print and tap the Share icon.
- Click the Print icon and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Tap Print and your document will be printed.
- By following these steps to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup.
Epson Xp 4100 How To Scan
- Make sure to install the scanner software on your computer and connect your printer to it.
- Open the scanner lid and place the photo, webpage, or document you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Now, tap the Scan option on the control panel of the printer.
- Choose a preferred scanning option and press the Start button to begin the scanning process.
- You can also scan from the software. Open it and set the scanning preferences.
- Click on the Scan button to begin the scanning process.
- You can now save the scanned document to your computer.
Epson Xp 4100 Scan To Computer
- Make sure to connect your printer and computer before scanning.
- Also, install the printer software on your computer.
- To scan to your computer, press the Home icon, and tap the Scan icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Computer icon and choose an option to save the document.
- To save it as a document, select the Save as PDF option.
- If you want to save it as an image, select Save as JPEG.
- Press the Start button to begin the scanning process.
- Now, the scanned document will be saved on your computer.
- Use this procedures to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup.
Epson Xp 4100 Scan Multiple Pages
- If you want to scan multiple pages of a document, you have to scan the pages one by one from the scanner glass.
- The Epson printer does not have an ADF feeder, so you can’t scan multiple pages automatically.
- Load the first page of a document on the scanner glass.
- Open the scanning software on your computer and set the scanning preferences.
- Now, click on the Scan option to begin the scanning process.
- To scan the second page of the document, click the + icon on the software.
- Repeat the same process to scan multiple pages and save the document once you have scanned all pages.
Epson Xp 4100 Not Printing
- If the printer is not printing, check whether the printer is on sleep mode.
- Check whether the printer is offline.
- If you have connected to the printer over a network, make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- For a Direct USB connection, check whether the cable is defective, and replace it.
- Restart the router, printer, and modem.
- Check whether you are able to print again.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the printer software and install the latest version from the official Epson website.
- Once you have installed the software, you will be able to print from your computer.
- If you need a remote assistance to configure the Epson XP 4100 setup. Click the call button available on the screen.