INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP 520 SETUP
The basic printer setup is quite simple and easy. If you are new to the Epson XP 520 setup, follow these steps to make your first-time printer setup effortless.
- Start by unpacking the printer from the package.
- Take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Raise the control panel and turn on the printer.
- Select your language, country, date, and time.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Lift the scanner unit.
- Before unpacking the cartridges, gently shake the black ink cartridge.
- After unpacking all the cartridges from the package, insert them into the correct slots.
- Close the scanner unit to start ink charging in Epson xp 520 setup.
Loading print media:
- Once the ink charging process is complete, pull the paper cassette out from the printer.
- Slide the paper guides apart.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and then refix the cassette into the printer.
- Select the correct paper settings on the LCD panel.
- Insert the CD-ROM that comes along with the printer into your computer’s CD drive.
- Run the setup file on the CD drive to start the driver installation.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Finish the driver installation and verify the Epson xp 520 setup functionality.
EPSON XP 520 DRIVER
The driver for your Epson XP 520 printer is available on the CD-ROM that comes along with the printer during the first-time purchase. If the CD-ROM is not available or supported by your computer, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Epson site.
EPSON XP 520 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Before downloading driver for windows:
- Remove the previously installed Epson printer drivers on your computer, if any.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Disconnect the USB cable connecting your printer and computer, if any.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Epson xp 520 setup model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and check if your Windows OS version is automatically detected and displayed in the Operating System drop-down menu.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, select the correct version from the drop-down menu and click the GO button.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- Check if the driver file is present in the Downloads folder on your computer.
EPSON XP 520 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Type ‘Epson XP 520’ in the search field and click the Search button.
- Click the printer model in the search result and wait until your macOS version is detected automatically.
- Under the Downloads tab, select the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Wait for the Epson xp 520 setup driver file to get downloaded to your computer.
EPSON XP 520 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Epson XP 520 printer is provided along with the package. If it is not included in the package, download the manual by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- On your computer, launch the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click the Search button.
- Click the printer model from the search result and expand the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Select the manual from the displayed list and wait until it is downloaded to your computer.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to save it on your computer.
EPSON XP 520 SCAN SETUP
The Epson XP 520 Setup comes with a flatbed scanner to provide better output in scanning. You can perform the scanning operation using the printer control panel or Epson Scan software. This printer also supports the Scan to Memory Card feature. Once you have inserted the memory card into the printer, you can scan your document and save it to the connected memory card. When scanning a document to your computer, you can specify the file format as JPEG or PDF. You can also save the scanned copy to the email program on your computer.
EPSON XP 520 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Using the printer control panel:
- Before starting, verify if you have installed the Epson printer driver and Event Manager on your computer.
- Turn on your printer and connect it to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- Alternatively, you can connect your printer and computer over a wireless network.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Move to the Epson xp 520 setup control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option and press the OK button.
- Choose any one of the following scan options and press the OK button.
- To Computer (JPEG)
- To Computer (PDF)
- If you have connected your printer and computer over the wireless network, select your computer’s name from the displayed list.
- Otherwise, select the USB Connection option and press the OK button.
- Finally, press the Start button to scan and save your document to the connected computer.
EPSON XP 520 INK REFILL
You can refill the ink cartridge on your Epson XP 520 printer, but it is not advisable. Instead, you can replace the expended cartridge. To know how to do that, follow these steps.
- To begin with, turn on your Epson xp 520 setup.
- Go to the control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Setup option and choose Maintenance –> Ink Cartridges Replacement.
- Press the Start button and lift the scanner unit.
- Push the blue tab and take out the expended ink cartridge from the printer.
- Unpack the new cartridge and remove the protective cap from it.
- Install the cartridge into the correct slot and close the scanner unit.
- Now, the printer starts ink priming.
EPSON XP 520 WIRELESS SETUP
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Turn on your printer, computer, and router.
- Disconnect the Ethernet or USB cable connected to your printer.
- Place your Epson xp 520 setup close to your router.
- Identify the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key.
- Connect your printer to your local wireless network using the correct wireless credentials.
Wireless setup using the printer buttons:
- On your computer, run the driver installation wizard using the downloaded driver package or CD-ROM.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type and click Next.
- On the Select Setup Option screen, choose the Set up printer for the first time option and click Next.
- Select the Using printer buttons option and get the instructions to configure the wireless settings on your printer’s control panel.
- Go to your printer and press the Home button.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup –> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Press the OK button and select your SSID from the displayed list.
- Enter the network key using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Once the wireless connection is made, a confirmation message will appear on the screen. Press the Start button to print the wireless test report.
- Return to the driver installation wizard and complete the rest of the steps to establish the wireless connection between your Epson xp 520 Setup and computer.
You have now completed the wireless setup for your Epson XP 520 printer.
EPSON XP 520 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint is a unique printing feature that allows you to print remotely from an iPhone to your printer without installing the printer software. To know how to perform the AirPrint setup, follow these steps.
- To begin with, turn on your printer and connect it to your local wireless network.
- Load a paper stack into the paper input tray.
- Next, connect your iPhone to the same wireless network and open the document you wish to print.
- Tap the Share or Action icon and select the Print option.
- Tap the Select Printer button and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Specify the required print settings and tap the Print button to print your document using AirPrint in Epson xp 520 setup.
EPSON XP 520 TROUBLESHOOT
Is your printer not working as expected? This might be the result of poor maintenance and incorrect installation of the printer. To overcome this problem, identify the actual cause and execute the correct troubleshooting steps. For assistance in identifying your printer issues, contact us. We have also given few troubleshooting steps for the issues that can happen on your Epson XP 520 printer. Go through the steps on this page to manually troubleshoot your printer issues.
EPSON XP 520 NOT PRINTING
- When your printer cannot communicate with your computer, you cannot print any documents. So, check the connection between your printer and computer when you are getting printing issues.
- Sometimes, you cannot print if the print settings are incorrect. In such cases, click the Properties button in the Print dialog box.
- Go to the Main tab and check the print settings.
- Also, check if the printer paper input tray has been loaded with plain white paper.
- If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the Epson xp 520 setup driver.
EPSON XP 520 WON’T PRINT BLACK
- If your Epson printer is not producing printouts in black, check the black ink level. Also, check the print settings on your computer.
- Verify if the Epson Event Manager is enabled on your computer.
- Ensure that you have loaded your printer’s paper tray with a paper stack.
- Open the print application on your computer and select the Print option from the File menu.
- Choose your printer’s name from the drop-down list and click on Properties.
- Go to the Main tab in the Printing Preferences window.
- Choose the correct paper setting and select the Black/Grayscale checkbox.
- Click OK and print your document.
- If the Epson Status Monitor prompts a message, click the Print in Black button.
- Now, your Epson xp 520 setup should print in black.
- If the problem persists, change the black ink cartridge.
EPSON XP 520 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- If your Epson XP 520 printer is not connecting to your Wi-Fi, verify if the Wi-Fi light on the printer control panel is lit.
- You can also verify the Wi-Fi signal strength on the LCD panel.
- To check if the wireless settings are correct, print a wireless test report.
- If the settings were incorrect, reconnect your printer to your wireless network using the correct wireless settings.
- To avoid Wi-Fi interference, place your printer close to your router.
- If necessary, restart your router and perform the wireless setup for your printer using the WPS Push Button method.
EPSON XP 520 INK CARTRIDGES NOT CATEGORIZED
- When the ink cartridges are not categorized in the correct slots, your printer shows an error message on the LCD panel.
- To get rid of this problem, lift the scanner unit and remove all the ink cartridges from the printer.
- Insert each ink cartridge into the correct slots.
- You can refer to the color code indicated in the print head holder to load the correct cartridge.
- After installing all the ink cartridges back into the Epson xp 520 setup, close the scanner unit and check if the error has been resolved.