- Home »
- Epson Xp 7100
EPSON XP 7100 SETUP
Epson XP 7100 is a wireless all-in-one inkjet printer that lets you perform the print, scan, and copy operations over a wired or wireless connection. This printer is compatible with operating systems like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Mac OS 10.6.8 to 10.13 x. Carry out these below-mentioned steps the Epson XP 7100 setup.
While you unpack the printer box, you will have the following present inside:
- Epson XP 7100 printer
- Setup and instructions manual
- Software and drivers CD for both Windows & Mac
- Power cord
- 5 ink cartridges
Hardware setup and software installation:
- Open the product box.
- Take out the Epson XP 7100 printer and its components from the package.
- Remove all the packing materials from the printer.
- Connect the power cord to your Epson printer.
- Raise the control panel of your printer and press the Power button on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait for the printer to complete the initial boot-up process and then select the language of your choice.
- Now, slowly raise the printer’s scanner unit.
- Take each ink cartridge out of its package and insert it into its slot.
- Make sure to shake the ink cartridges before inserting them into their slots.
- After inserting the ink cartridges correctly, lower the scanner unit.
- Follow these steps to configure the Epson Xp 7100 Setup.
- Now, pull out the paper cassette 1 and 2 from the printer.
- Adjust the guides of the cassette.
- Insert a stack of plain paper in the tray.
- After inserting the paper in the input cassette, pull out the output tray.
- The Epson XP 7100 printer’s hardware setup has been completed now.
- Following that, begin the printer’s software installation on your computer using the software CD or downloaded driver file.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the installation wizard.
- If you are performing the Direct USB connection or Wired network connection, then get an Ethernet cable or a USB cable.
- Use this procedure to configure the Epson Xp 7100 Setup.
Epson XP 7100 Driver Download
To download the printer driver, carry out the below-mentioned steps
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this page.
- Now, based on your system’s OS type, the available Epson XP 7100 printer driver files will start to download.
Epson XP 7100 Driver Mac
The steps to download the printer driver for Mac are as follow:
- You can download the Epson XP 7100 printer driver for Mac from this web page or printer’s official site.
- To download the print driver files from this web page, click the Driver Download for Mac button provided below.
Epson XP 7100 Manual
- Click the Manual Download button provided at the bottom of this web page.
- A soft copy of the Epson XP 7100 printer user guide will be downloaded.
- Else, you can go to the official Epson support page, click the Manuals and Warranty tab, and download the required manual.
- By following these steps to configure the Epson Xp 7100 Setup.
How To Connect The Printer to Wifi
- The section below will help you to connect your Epson XP 7100 printer to a Wi-Fi network from the printer’s control panel.
- Initially, turn on your Epson XP 7100 printer.
- Make sure to turn on your wireless router and computer as well.
- Touch the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s LCD screen.
- Now, a screen titled Network Connection Settings will appear on the screen.
- Select Wi-Fi (recommended) > Start Setup or Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Now, a list of SSID will be displayed.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the displayed list.
- If your wireless network name is not displayed on the screen, then enter your Wi-Fi network SSID manually.
- When prompted, enter the wireless network’s password.
- Press the OK button to continue the wireless setup process.
- Now, your network settings will be displayed on the screen.
- Confirm the network settings and save them by selecting the Start Setup option.
- Choose the Print Check Report option if you wish to print a network setup report.
- Install the printer software on your computer using the software & drivers CD or downloaded driver file.
- Make sure to select wireless as your connection type in the setup wizard.
- Finally, perform a test print.
- Perform these steps to configure the Epson Xp 7100 Setup.
How To Do printer Scan to Computer
To know how to scan a document using the Epson XP 7100 printer and save the scanned copy on your computer, follow the instructions given below.
- Make sure that your Epson printer and computer are connected.
- Check if you have installed the Epson Scan 2 and Event Manager software on your computer.
- If not, install them and then begin the scan to computer process.
- Open the scanner unit on your printer.
- Select the Scan option followed by Computer.
- Choose the file save format from the suggested list.
- After setting the scan preference, select the Save option.
- Now, the Epson XP 7100 printer will start to scan the document placed on the scanner unit and the scanned copy will be saved on your computer.
- Proceed these steps to configure the Epson Xp 7100 Setup.
Epson Xp 7100 Troubleshooting
Even if you set up your printer correctly, there are chances for errors to occur.
- The printer does not turn on or off is one of the common issues encountered by most of the users.
- Printer not turning on: First, check if the power cord of your Epson printer is connected securely. If not, connect it securely and then press and hold the Power button for a while.
- Printer not turning off: Press and hold the Power button for 3 or 5 seconds. If the printer remains turned ON, then disconnect the power cable from the printer. Wait for some time. Reconnect the power cable into the printer and then turn your printer on and off.
- Unable to perform the print operation over a network is another problem encountered by most people. To solve this problem, first, check if your Epson XP 7100 printer is turned ON. If required, print a network status report on the printer. Check if your printer and computer are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network and check if the issue is resolved.
- Paper Jam is another frequently encountered error. To fix the paper jams, try to remove all the jammed paper from your printer. For example, if a paper has jammed inside the printer, then, first, clear all queued print jobs. Open the scanner unit. Look for the jammed paper and remove it from the printer. After removing all jammed paper from the printer, try to run a test print.
- If you need remote assistance to solve your printer problems, contact us.
Epson XP 7100 Error Codes
- Error codes indicate that your printer is encountering some problems in performing the desired operation. This section covers some error codes and solutions for the same.
- Printer error: This is a Fatal error. To solve this fatal error, turn off the Epson printer and then turn it on. Now, check if the Fatal error is resolved. If not, look for the jammed paper inside the printer and then remove them. Now, check if the issue has been resolved.
- No ink or Ink is low: If the cartridges become empty or low, then this error message will be displayed on your printer screen. But, you can continue the print operation until it prompts you to replace the ink cartridges.
- Replace ink cartridges: If your printer’s ink cartridges are expended, then you will receive this error message. Get a new ink cartridge from a trusted online retail store. Replace the empty cartridges with the new one.
- Communication error: If your Epson printer fails to communicate with your computer, then this error will be displayed. Make sure that your Epson printer and the computer are connected to the same network. Install the Epson Scan 2 and Epson Event Manager software on your computer if you haven’t installed them earlier.
- If you having any further queries regarding Epson Xp 7100 setup. Contact us to get remote assistance in solving your printer issues.